Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

mrDerek wrote: »
    I think it's a safe bet the market will go up from here so yeah I think it's a for sure call crypto isn't just gonna call it a day

One would hope but "safe bet" isn't a phrase to be used too often in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Can someone explain how all coins can have a bump at exactly the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

mrDerek wrote: »
    I think it's a safe bet the market will go up from here so yeah I think it's a for sure call crypto isn't just gonna call it a day

I agree with you on Crypto not calling it a day - it's going to stick around and continue to morph and develop. However, that's detached from price speculation...and on the pricing side of things, there is no 'for sure'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Pussyhands wrote: »

Most often relationship to BTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pussyhands wrote: »

Because they're all pretty much traded in a pair predominantly with BTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

current Top 10 high caps :eek::eek:

24hrs.jpg

still wouldn't stop me filling my boots with $.30c Cardanos if I had the disposal income to do so.

Cardano is vaporware for mugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

lawred2 wrote: »
    Cardano is vaporware for mugs

Well feck me they sure are pulling a lot of wool over a lot of mugs eyes of those peer-reviewed researchers in the world's foremost universities who are accrediting their work.

what a bizarre statement - think you need to refresh on Cardano and their roadmap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Squozen wrote: »
    Difference is that over time the stock market always recovers. Bubbles don't.
    You obviously haven't tried to buy a house in Dublin or Apple shares recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Dades wrote: »
    You obviously haven't tried to buy a house in Dublin or Apple shares recently!

Zing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well feck me they sure are pulling a lot of wool over a lot of mugs eyes of those peer-reviewed researchers in the world's foremost universities who are accrediting their work.

what a bizarre statement - think you need to refresh on Cardano and their roadmap.

It's a whitepaper with no working products. It's easy to lash out a roadmap. But the positive sentiment behind it's price was largely driven by fomo and a sub dollar price.

I won't be investing anyway but best of luck with it all the same. Truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Oh hay 9k
    $

papu wrote: »
    Oh hay 9k
    $

Slowly on the rise again and a couple of coins in the green.

I don't think the worst is over but we are getting near the end of the crash (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

lawred2 wrote: »
    I won't be investing anyway but best of luck with it all the same. Truly.
    Another Dragon out TinderSurprise...this isn't going well for you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Another Dragon out TinderSurprise...this isn't going well for you. :D

landscape-1493283431-giphy-7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Why did everything bounce massively at 12:50 today. While I was getting a roll. Wtf.

I sold my ETH at $'s 880 and 850 and bought back at 920 and 950. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

chakotha wrote: »
    Why did everything bounce massively at 12:50 today. While I was getting a roll. Wtf.

I sold my ETH at $'s 880 and 850 and bought back at 920 and 950. Lol.

Folks in the US waking up and buying the dip?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

papu wrote: »
    Folks in the US waking up and buying the dip?

Hopefully Zing Zao and his countrymen keep buying later tonight.

Autochange wrote: »
    Hopefully Zing Zao and his countrymen keep buying later tonight.

Best way to stop the crash is to buy buy buy.

Sounds mad but if you want to stop your loss buy more and when everyone else does the value of your coins go up.

Come on lads collective effort here, tell are your Asian mates to keep buying on the morning and then we'll follow suit tomorrow and the yanks there after and we will all leave in blissful harmony.....in our lambos

Sounds mad but if you want to stop your loss buy more and when everyone else does the value of your coins go up.

Come on lads collective effort here, tell are your Asian mates to keep buying on the morning and then we'll follow suit tomorrow and the yanks there after and we will all leave in blissful harmony.....in our lambos

I don't want a lambo. I want my ven to recover before the rebranding so I can sell ath before the inevitable dip. My loyalty is gone. Too many factors at play now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Forex traders don't use the currency either. They hold it, or they trade it.

I'm just visiting this thread. I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm just pointing out that it is the only unsupported currency in the world. It's the only purely speculative currency in the world.

Starting a thread saying that you might be worried about something totally speculative is only asking for idiots like me to comment.

Pyramid sellers say the exact same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just hope people haven't invested their life savings or entire livelihoods into these things.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Pyramid sellers say the exact same thing

Ha, true.

Look everyone should have invested what in their mind had already been lost.

We will get through this, the market will improve and people will use this time as an educational event and this will help hone people's crypto trading strategies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

Sleeper12 wrote:
    I'm just visiting this thread. I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm just pointing out that it is the only unsupported currency in the world. It's the only purely speculative currency in the world.

Most currencies are not supported by anything except belief

In saying that I doubt there is any currency as volatile as even the most stable crypto.

dubrov wrote:

Most currencies are backed up by collateral. If there is a run on a currency other currencies will back it up.

Im not knocking what it is. You take your chances and you might make a lot of money but it is purely speculative. It has no grounded value. That in itself is fine so long as you know that it's purely by chance

I get that they say that there is a finite amount of Bitcoin & that in itself might create value but then they create another currency & another. Without regulation someone can create a million different currencies. You can't put a value on that. It's speculation

dubrov wrote: »

In saying that I doubt there is any currency as volatile as even the most stable crypto.

Are you knowledgeable in Vechain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Ha, true.

Look everyone should have invested what in their mind had already been lost.

We will get through this, the market will improve and people will use this time as an educational event and this will help hone people's crypto trading strategies

I beg to differ. Most currencies will die on their arses. The ultimate winner might be one of the thouands out there already, or one yet to be created. The only sure thing is that most currencies are going to zero in the medium term at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Most currencies are backed up by collateral. If there is a run on a currency other currencies will back it up.
    What's the US Dollar backed up by? Besides force.
    Promises? That's the only collateral the US government offers.
    "We promise this dollar will be a dollar tomorrow and a dollar in five years - please ignore inflation, interest rates and please don't question the derivative debt circlejerk we have going on."
    I'm not knocking what it is. You take your chances and you might make a lot of money but it is purely speculative. It has no grounded value. That in itself is fine so long as you know that it's purely by chance
    Security. Implicit ownership. Inability to be forged or diluted.
    I get that they say that there is a finite amount of Bitcoin & that in itself might create value but then they create another currency & another. Without regulation someone can create a million different currencies. You can't put a value on that. It's speculation
    They? Who are "they" and why would people entrust their money to those people?

If you want to create a shítcoin (or a million) with it's own blockchain your security, cryptography & general purpose software engineers are going to have to compete with the best in the world in order to maintain, update & innovate beyond the competition - but of course, hard work and teams of extremely talented developers solving cryptographic/algorithmic puzzles all day long in an effort to keep code as concise as it needs to be to get implemented while at the same time trying to figure out the economics or game theory behind every single idea presented in a testnet trial for one of their currencies has no inherent value. :rolleyes:
    Unless the market could find some way to place a value on the effort... Some method of price discovery maybe. Exchanges could possibly be bui...oh. That's reality.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    What's the US Dollar backed up by? Besides force.
    Promises? That's the only collateral the US government offers.
    "We promise this dollar will be a dollar tomorrow and a dollar in five years - please ignore inflation, interest rates and please don't question the derivative debt circlejerk we have going on."

Security. Implicit ownership. Inability to be forged or diluted.

They? Who are "they" and why would people entrust their money to those people?

If you want to create a shítcoin (or a million) with it's own blockchain your security, cryptography & general purpose software engineers are going to have to compete with the best in the world in order to maintain, update & innovate beyond the competition - but of course, hard work and teams of extremely talented developers solving cryptographic/algorithmic puzzles all day long in an effort to keep code as concise as it needs to be to get implemented while at the same time trying to figure out the economics or game theory behind every single idea presented in a testnet trial for one of their currencies has no inherent value. :rolleyes:
    Unless the market could find some way to place a value on the effort... Some method of price discovery maybe. Exchanges could possibly be bui...oh. That's reality.

"Meow, Saucer of milk,table grindle"

Advertisement