Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Squozen

This will come to haunt you.

As everyone says only invest what you can afford to lose.

The way I look at it the money was already gone and the cash out at the moment is so small compared to it there's no reason to not just leave it there and see where it goes but this happens every year for the last 4.

Check out this chart

Yeah, it's just timing that's the issue for me. I only planned to have money in BTC for two weeks and make a quick 5-10% profit, not a 50% loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Squozen wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just timing that's the issue for me. I only planned to have money in BTC for two weeks and make a quick 5-10% profit, not a 50% loss.
    Sorry to hear that man, Hoping another opportunity comes up for you to get back in. I hope others spare you the lecture of "Only invest what you can afford to lose"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

fran426ft wrote: »
    Unfortunately I wish I only had 1k in since December.

But did you make profit before that?

I only got into the game in December so I've never even had the opportunity to cash some profit. lol

Just down down down.

I can afford to lose it and I won't touch it but it still disgusts me if I do end up losing it. It's like throwing it into a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

This will come to haunt you.

As everyone says only invest what you can afford to lose.

The way I look at it the money was already gone and the cash out at the moment is so small compared to it there's no reason to not just leave it there and see where it goes but this happens every year for the last 4.

Check out this chart
    I think the landscape has changed though. Previous years didn't have any government's denouncing crypto, nor was it as popular as it is now, meaning a bigger crash.
    Not saying its over but imagine you were a horse salesman when the first model t ford came along. You could look back on previous years and show drops and growth but the landscape has changed.

seannash wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man, Hoping another opportunity comes up for you to get back in. I hope others spare you the lecture of "Only invest what you can afford to lose"

What's annoying is that if I'd been braver when I first bought in I would have made a quick €6k which I would have immediately sold and been extremely happy with. Live and learn.

And yeah, I could afford to lose it. I lost about 9% of my liquid cash, it's set me back about 4 months in my saving goals. It's not the end of the world. It's not like I cashed out my pension or anything crazy like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Pussyhands wrote: »
    But did you make profit before that?

I only got into the game in December so I've never even had the opportunity to cash some profit. lol

Just down down down.

I can afford to lose it and I won't touch it but it still disgusts me if I do end up losing it. It's like throwing it into a fire.

I only got in in December too and while my balance was up a few times in the early days it's mainly been going down. Just over 50% down at the moment. My biggest regret is buying some of the dips and throwing good money after bad. Yes it's money I can afford to lose but I'm currently down just over 2 months take home pay which is sickening.

fran426ft wrote: »
    I only got in in December too and while my balance was up a few times in the early days it's mainly been going down. Just over 50% down at the moment. My biggest regret is buying so of the dips and throwing good money after bad. Yes it's money I can afford to lose but I'm currently down just over 2 months take home pay which is sickening.

Same here. It's just money though mate, in ten years you'll not even notice it. I've wasted a lot more in my life (I bought two new cars and sold them both within 6 years because I didn't like them, losing a third of the value each time).

Squozen wrote: »
    Same here. It's just money though mate, in ten years you'll not even notice it. I've wasted a lot more in my life (I bought two new cars and sold them both within 6 years because I didn't like them, losing a third of the value each time).

haha compared to my crypto that sounds like a great investment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bitcoin is actually the best performing of the big coins at the moment. Only down 14% and getting some support at 8100. Some of the other coins are going to get wiped out altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Bit of a kick in the teeth this morning looking at the markets, but this is the risk you take when investing. That said, I'm still confident that it will pick up again this month, especially towards the latter end.

I've spread my money across ADA, ETH and XLM, so hoping for a big 2 months for them. If I get close to breaking even on ADA I'll look at selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I think most people agree that when the market cap was ~$800+ billion that most coins were at least 50% over priced (give or take) so I have my own theory that the market wont settle til around the $400billion cap which leaves us a bit more to fall.

I wrote the above less than 24hrs ago when the cap was ~$480 billion.
    It now sits at ~$380 billion which is a drop of over $100billion in less than 24hrs and still no sign of the brakes having any effect.

I can tell you one thing for sure...this is new ground for everyone!

Uncharted waters ..whatever you want to call it - reckon this has taken the most seasoned crypto traders by surprise.

at the end of this there will be either some very wealthy people with bags of cheap crypto high caps on the rise, or folk with bags of useless crypto that will take years to recover after all the organised orchestrated FUD has played its part to reek havoc.

Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain is getting its day in the boxing ring.. I hope for one it wins and comes out of this stronger than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

Anyone think Litecoin is worth investing in?

Bitcoin is actually the best performing of the big coins at the moment. Only down 14% and getting some support at 8100. Some of the other coins are going to get wiped out altogether.
    I agree it looks like it seems found some resistance and I hoping it holds but I find looking at only the last 24hr performance to often be misleading when considering a coins performance unless you're day trading.

If you look at longer periods the picture is not the same. e.g. ETH is down 22.9% in the last 24hr but only down 17.54% from the price 7 days ago. BTC is down 14.3% in the last 24hrs but 24.7% fro the price 7days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

battser wrote: »

Personally - No.

I bought Litecoin when it was $80 and sold at $300. Charlie Lee selling at its all-time high is proof for me that it's not going to be a major player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

battser wrote: »

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Personally - No.

I bought Litecoin when it was $80 and sold at $300. Charlie Lee selling at its all-time high is proof for me that it's not going to be a major player.

yeah dont know what to think of him selling alrite, luckily enough I had bought all my litecoin around the $50 mark so im a long term holder on litecoin who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

This is not the end of crypto.

It's here to stay, this crash with all the FUD just shows how worried the banks and governments are and the potential of crypto to go massive, like seriously massive.

In 50 years time standard fiat will be gone and it will all be crypto.

All the visions and movies of our futures with USBs and chips in out arms to pay for things will all be done via crypto. The transactions times and no fees are too good to not be used

In a years time come back to your accounts and see how much you have made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

current Top 10 high caps :eek::eek:

24hrs.jpg

still wouldn't stop me filling my boots with $.30c Cardanos if I had the disposal income to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Just about to touch on the 8k support line.
    This will get interesting

This is not the end of crypto.

It's here to stay, this crash with all the FUD just shows how worried the banks and governments are and the potential of crypto to go massive, like seriously massive.

In 50 years time standard fiat will be gone and it will all be crypto.

All the visions and movies of our futures with USBs and chips in out arms to pay for things will all be done via crypto. The transactions times and no fees are too good to not be used

In a years time come back to your accounts and see how much you have made

Blockchain is here to stay. One concentrated joint efforts from governments backed by the banks and bye bye cryptocurrency trading

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »
    Just about to touch on the 8k support line.
    This will get interesting

Didn’t get much love at that price. Dropping like a stone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dfunk

current Top 10 high caps :eek::eek:

still wouldn't stop me filling my boots with $.30c Cardanos if I had the disposal income to do so.

Interesting in hearing why Cardano? I've done no research but read that its little more than white paper with very high total supply. I took that information with a pinch of salt but was enough to stop me investigating further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

50% up????

What's so good about it?

50% up????

What's so good about it?

Pump and dump. Fool and his money, and all that.

Didn’t get much love at that price. Dropping like a stone now.

Looks like it will keep going. 5 k traditional support line next?

What do people mean when they refer to the traditional support line?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Highly doubt it.
    It's a correction, not a freefall

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

BITCOIN / U.S. DOLLAR BTCUSD
    Market Open
    8266.9 914.1 (9.96%)
    Prev
    Open
    Volume
    1 Day Range
    8210.1 - 9213.0

ETHEREUM / U.S. DOLLAR ETHUSD
    Market Open
    840.29 194.71 (18.81%)
    Prev
    Open
    Volume
    1 Day Range
    840.00 - 1039.10

Not looking good, bear case support at 2500 for bitcoin and 500 for ETH, both back in buy area then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

50% up????

What's so good about it?

Sounds similar to dai/maker except it is backed by gold

Advertisement