Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm still in shock about what's happening today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Synode wrote: »
    I'm still in shock about what's happening today
    Yeah. Though perhaps it's time for the shouties to actually put their money where their mouths are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Yeah. Though perhaps it's time for the shouties to actually put their money where their mouths are.

Yeah, maybe if they get into Gov and people see they have no impact then we might get to put this behind us. I cant see anyone taking that chance though.

This move to the left had to happen. It's just a shame it wasnt someone else who benefited from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

See all this, that's politics talk and now we all know there's a no politics rule, so given its the results night everything till now can stay but cut it out from here on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If there's a meal that can't be improved by adding toasted pine nuts, I'm yet to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭OldRio

The storm Ciara certainly blew some of the old, dead corrupt wood off my trees. For that I will be eternally thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

See all this, that's politics talk and now we all know there's a no politics rule, so given its the results night everything till now can stay but cut it out from here on

I've never really understood why politics (with the exception of the umbrella subject of "Northern Ireland") is banned? You get more bullshìt posted reading the Irish thread with such enthralling and original topics as "POM". Provided it doesn't turn into personal/racial/hatespeech etc (see "POM" topic...) I think it would be an interesting addition to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I've never really understood why politics (with the exception of the umbrella subject of "Northern Ireland") is banned? You get more bullshìt posted reading the Irish thread with such enthralling and original topics as "POM". Provided it doesn't turn into personal/racial/hatespeech etc (see "POM" topic...) I think it would be an interesting addition to the forum.

You answer your own question here; we can't be trusted to discuss a recreational topic like sport without descending into feckless discord, imagine the carnage if we tried discussing politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Neil3030 wrote: »
    You answer your own question here; we can't be trusted to discuss a recreational topic like sport without descending into feckless discord, imagine the carnage if we tried discussing politics?

Well if POM tried his hand at politics...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Rugby Players as politicians, is that allowed?

John Hayes as Gerry (Gerard Collins)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The wit of the Irish.

Flight home from London is delayed just over 2 and a half hours. After an hour and 20 minutes the announcement came through for a free meal voucher.

Finally we see on the screen we have a gate number and the announcement comes through to proceed to gate.

Waiting to get on to the plane and there is a Russian lady going mad that "there was no announcement and it's a bloody disgrace and she could have missed the flight". Stewardess was very polite and told her it was announced 3 times (it was...we heard it). Russian woman is having none of it and says there was no announcement and if there was one she didn't hear it.
    The older stewardess beside her quick as a flash says "you heard the one about the free voucher no problem"!!

Half the queue have gone into convulsions here!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mfceiling wrote: »
    The wit of the Irish.

Flight home from London is delayed just over 2 and a half hours. After an hour and 20 minutes the announcement came through for a free meal voucher.

Finally we see on the screen we have a gate number and the announcement comes through to proceed to gate.

Waiting to get on to the plane and there is a Russian lady going mad that "there was no announcement and it's a bloody disgrace and she could have missed the flight". Stewardess was very polite and told her it was announced 3 times (it was...we heard it). Russian woman is having none of it and says there was no announcement and if there was one she didn't hear it.
    The older stewardess beside her quick as a flash says "you heard the one about the free voucher no problem"!!

Half the queue have gone into convulsions here!!

I once got on a Ryanair flight where the crew screamed repeatedly over the intercom about zenzo the passenger being missing

Eventually I asked if they were looking for me. They were.

Watched the first episode of the recent BBC take on Dracula.

Thought it was brilliant. Hard to watch and genuinely messed up at times, proper sense of dread throughout.

Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Hard to watch and genuinely messed up at times, proper sense of dread throughout.

Would recommend.

Have I stumbled into the Ireland RWC thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    Have I stumbled into the Ireland RWC thread?

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I see the Indo has gone behind a paywall to protect us from their clickbait. Very considerate.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Watched the first episode of the recent BBC take on Dracula.

Thought it was brilliant. Hard to watch and genuinely messed up at times, proper sense of dread throughout.

Would recommend.

it goes downhill VERY VERY quickly... less said about the third episode the better

sydthebeat wrote: »
    third episode

WaterloggedEvilAdouri-size_restricted.gif

Jesus. What were they thinking.

Any recommendations for getting shirts online?

Last few years pretty much only buy clothes online but haven't found anywhere reliable for shirts that is any cheaper than in stores.

Any recommendations for getting shirts online?

Last few years pretty much only buy clothes online but haven't found anywhere reliable for shirts that is any cheaper than in stores.

TM Lewin keep popping up my Instagram feed with sales. I've always found their stuff to be good quality.

Would you take a spin down to the kildare outlets? Hugo Boss shirts are good value and last well. Bought a few pieces from Prada there and they were a bit more expensive but the quality is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Bought a few pieces from Prada

How I'm currently picturing mfceiling

SC458MS1821R8Z_F0390_TGM_6908.JPG?1535460970

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

TM Lewin keep popping up my Instagram feed with sales. I've always found their stuff to be good quality.

Would you take a spin down to the kildare outlets? Hugo Boss shirts are good value and last well. Bought a few pieces from Prada there and they were a bit more expensive but the quality is fantastic.

Yeah TM Lewin are pretty good for work shirts I've found. And they pretty much always have sales on.

b.gud wrote: »
    How I'm currently picturing mfceiling

SC458MS1821R8Z_F0390_TGM_6908.JPG?1535460970

Not too far away tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Is there a good place on boards to ask for advice between 2 different TV models? Had a look at the forums but couldn't find any that seemed to be what I was looking for

b.gud wrote: »
    Is there a good place on boards to ask for advice between 2 different TV models? Had a look at the forums but couldn't find any that seemed to be what I was looking for

Richersounds.

Will not be beaten. They'll give you either a 6 or 7 year warranty at little or no cost. Great to deal with.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Another endorsement for Richersounds here. They have a Talk To forum on here.

I've bought 2 TVs and a my surround sound system from them and they're spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Manchester City banned from the Champions League for two seasons and fined €30 million for breaching financial fair play by overstating their sponsorship revenue and refusing to comply with the investigations.

Holy shít.

Good stuff.

There is absolutely no way whatsoever Manchester City could ever hope to break even with their spending.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Let's hope there is no dilution on appeal

• Advertisement

Yea hopefully it's upheld. 2 years out of European competition will cost them hundreds of millions, significant for most clubs but probably not that significant when you're pretty much owned by a country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement