Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on contraception?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So what Michael Buerk, Bob Geldof and Midge Ure did was for a laugh yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYOj_6OYuJc

To be fair, that was a famine caused by the corrupt government. Most famine's are man made

Here's some interesting listening on the subject https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/famines.htm

In short, Live Aid just made some people in the West feel better and Doctors without Borders pleaded with Bob not go give the money to the corrupt government but he didn't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Unfortunately most parents have to work to pay scandalous mortgages. The children are farmed out to creches during the day. The proper persons to raise children are the parents, not some stranger. But in order to feed the great god mammon, mothers as well as fathers have to work. This is not the plan that God designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

eviltwin wrote: »
    What about anal sex?

Allowed as shown in this NSFW! comedian youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjh9PML8tE and unfortunately not based on fiction.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Unfortunately most parents have to work to pay scandalous mortgages. The children are farmed out to creches during the day. The proper persons to raise children are the parents, not some stranger. But in order to feed the great god mammon, mothers as well as fathers have to work. This is not the plan that God designed.

Great so lets go back to the idealistic 1950's before creches.
    Men worked long hours, often they traveled to the UK to work since work didn't exist in Ireland so they woudn't see their families for months at a time.

Women couldn't legally work once married and as such most families were piss poor. My family owned a shop and my dad regularly tells stories of women coming into the shop to buy a few slices of cheese and an egg, it wasn't out of choice...it was all they could afford!

I remember once he told the story about how a women started putting money a side in our shop in August for a christmas cake, nothing else...just a christmas cake.

Care to go back further, perhaps the 1850's? They were crackin times after all.

We can look at all the other times where people lived in even worse poverty or when their leaders, king or even the pope sent the husband or son off to war so the wife was then left on her own with children when he was killed.

Should we go back to the good old times before creches, after all that was gods plan :)

There were good and bad things about the past. Why don't we look to the future, and the infinite possibilities that it promises. Let us work together in an environment of love and friendship, as God wishes us to live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

There were good and bad things about the past. Why don't we look to the future, and the infinite possibilities that it promises. Let us work together in an environment of love and friendship, as God wishes us to live.

Amen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I wonder if the Catholic objection to scientific methods of birth control comes from some mistaken notion that they are modern. Even before the Gospels were written, and perhaps even the Bible, the people of the earth had knowledge of and used many natural substances to prevent conception. It was a normal, reasoned part of life. Examples include linen wrappings in the ancient Egyptian world, the use of animal bladders and intestines over the penis in ancient Greece and Rome, actual caps made of metal placed over the glans head in even more ancient times, reservation of ejaculation in various very old alchemical traditions, the use of herbs by females such as Rue, Pennyroyal and Silphium, which was so popular in pre-Christian Rome that the plant became extinct. Vaginal inserts made of various materials (eg wool/cotton) and covered in substances such as honey, olive oil, butter, salt or acacia gum have also been used since very olden days. Birth control seems to have been part and parcel of reasoned human living on the planet since forever, and it was only in times of great ignorance and darkness that humans forgot their herbal lore, or had it beaten out of them. I can understand that a tribe wanting to multiply (Biblical) might place rules against contraception in their religious texts, but it is not based on rational and evolved human practice, science and lore. It is a political expedience.

This was before Jesus Christ came, and rewrote all of history, past, present, and future. He shows us how to live, to have life, and have it more abundantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

This was before Jesus Christ came, and rewrote all of history, past, present, and future. He shows us how to live, to have life, and have it more abundantly.

And yet we still utilise the ancient discoveries made regarding domestication of animals, grains, agriculture, water systems, numeracy, alphabets, astronomy, ore smelting, indeed everything we live with and as a result of now is due to the historical evolution of knowledge by our forefathers and mothers. Jesus did not rewrite all of history as far as I can see, just certain cherry-picked parts. But no, that it wrong. I do not blame Jesus - it is those politicians and power-mongerers who rewrote his teachings through the ages for political expediency which has resulted in silly anomalies such as every single sperm having to be deposited in the vagina.

Yes, we take the best of the past, and align it with the best of the present, and use both to help promote the Kingdom of God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Soon to be 6

You have only got the ride 6 times? Am I understanding you correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Really? It's certainly the plan outlined in Proberbs 31, viz:
    The perfect wife ....
    She wakes up early in the morning,
    cooks food for her family, and gives the servants their share.
    16 She looks at land and buys it.
    She uses the money she has earned and plants a vineyard.
    17 She works very hard.
    She is strong and able to do all her work.
    18 She works late into the night
    to make sure her business earns a profit.

In a recent survey 60% of the working women would rather be at home rearing their children than be slaving on a conveyor belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

God killed Onan because he spilled the seed. Of course sexual pleasure without the intention of creating a pregnancy isn't bad. The sin is in the spilling of the seed.

Wasn't he killed because he disobeyed an order from God to impregnate his brother's wife? When I read it, I didn't take the message to be "No ****", but not to disobey the word of God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

McGaggs wrote: »
    Wasn't he killed because he disobeyed an order from God to impregnate his brother's wife? When I read it, I didn't take the message to be "No ****", but not to disobey the word of God.

You are quiet correct.

Interesting thread but it's Owens party so I'll leave it to him:)

Onanism is masturbation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote:

Google it. I don't know how to put a link up. In fact, when I Google "60% of working women would rather be at home" I see it is higher than that. FORTUN. COM says "most women would rather be at home"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I said that the FULL ejaculation must be deposited in the female vagina.

What if your lad accidentally slips out?

• Advertisement

If it's an accident, no sin.

Of course. Women with children would rather be at home. Women without children would rather work. That's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Of course. Women with children would rather be at home. Women without children would rather work. That's fine.

And what about those of us who would rather be working?

I'm the main earner in my house and besides that I love my job so I won't be quitting anytime soon.

You don't think the other half would rather be at home as well?
    Given half the chance if you offered people the same money but they could stay at home I'm wager the vast majority of people will jump at the chance :)

Doesn't matter if the couple is male/male, male/female or female/female.

Unfortunately it does matter. God's plan is male and female.

Any other sexual combination is absolutely forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Are you married Owen

I'm telling you what God's Law is. You are free to accept or reject it. Either option has consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

What about threesomes? Two men and a woman and the seed from both is ejaculated into her vagina?

What about two women and one guy? Can they share the seed if it’s not spilt?

Any sinning happening here?

Asking for a friend obviously...

What about a finger up the bum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

There is enough food in the world to feed its population several times over.

What happens when the population triples every 10 yr?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement