Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

oh yeah, I'd say you'll have this cracked any minute.

also, boorish?

I take that as a no then. Clearly you have no clue how the actual process works. But hey it's easier to claim a town you've likely never stepped foot in all your life has suddenly turned into soweto than actually educating yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

P_1 wrote: »
    I do find it most ironic that so many people bemoaning the place have likely never stopped foot in the place

You’ll have just as many people that haven’t set foot in the town telling you it’s grand. As always, the truth lies somewhere in between.

I live there and I’m aware of a lot of what goes on. I’m not afraid to step outside my door like people would have you believe but it’s far from the safe, seaside town I grew up in.

You’ll have just as many people that haven’t set foot in the town telling you it’s grand. As always, the truth lies somewhere in between.

I live there and I’m aware of a lot of what goes on. I’m not afraid to step outside my door like people would have you believe but it’s far from the safe, seaside town I grew up in.

Aye the truth is somewhere in the middle alright. Its definitely not as safe a place as it was but it's not a state of anarchy either. Imo the problem lies in how legoland was thrown up with not a jot of services to go with with them. That's where the first rot started

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Do you have the slightest clue how a Visa application works?

You're left without your travel documents (if you have any in the first place) for weeks on end while your application is being processed. Quite how you expect someone to hop on the next flight to Lagos without a passport is a peculiar skill. Perhaps you should sell training on it, you'd make a fortune.

Now if you want to play the uneducated, simplistic boorish card by all means fire ahead. Perhaps some of the adults might actually find a solution to the issue

Jaysus, asylum seekers are being held against their will now? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

The balbriggan situation has unfolded like a slow motion car crash and will continue to do so. The first Africans arrived in the early 2000s in the town as the economy was picking up and new houses were being built for working people with mortgages. They then encouraged their friends to come live here as they graduated from Mosney camp. Now as their families grow up we are starting to see the results of this with crime, grime and economic stagnation becoming the norm. What’s next for Balbriggan? Probably something like white flight where white people who are sick of the problems start to move to other towns. So basically the future of balbriggan looks bleak. Something we’ve seen happen to many towns and cities in America.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Jaysus, asylum seekers are being held against their will now? :eek:

Some of the irish population really are as thick as a pig in ****e aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭twinytwo

The balbriggan situation has unfolded like a slow motion car crash and will continue to do so. The first Africans arrived in the early 2000s in the town as the economy was picking up and new houses were being built for working people with mortgages. They then encouraged their friends to come live here as they graduated from Mosney camp. Now as their families grow up we are starting to see the results of this with crime, grime and economic stagnation becoming the norm. What’s next for Balbriggan? Probably something like white flight where white people who are sick of the problems start to move to other towns. So basically the future of balbriggan looks bleak. Something we’ve seen happen to many towns and cities in America.

Naturally, but the PC brigade will tell you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I take that as a no then. Clearly you have no clue how the actual process works. But hey it's easier to claim a town you've likely never stepped foot in all your life has suddenly turned into soweto than actually educating yourself
    how do you know I've never stepped foot in it? Been there countless times lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Obviously nobody wants that. Contrary to what you might think being stuck languishing in a direct provision center isn't exactly all that great for the residents either.

We need to properly resource INIS. A decision on an asylum application should be made in weeks not years

Well if they weren't allowed appeal decisions multiple times in the courts at taxpayers expense they wouldn't be here for years.

There was an asylum seeker on The Tonight Show earlier in the week and all she did was give out about this country.

Nobody asked her to come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Augme

The Balbriggan situation sounds like exactly what happened with Tallaght, Clondalkin, Blanchardstown etc etc. But hey, it's a lot easier to just blame it on the Africans.

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »
    The Balbriggan situation sounds like exactly what happened with Tallaght, Clondalkin, Blanchardstown etc etc. But hey, it's a lot easier to just blame it on the Africans.

You obviously aren’t living in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If any asylum seekers/refugees break the law, they should be deported. Part of their application is the obligation to comply with the laws of the State.

If their application for refugee status has been denied, there should be no appeals process.

If an asylum seeker/refugee procreates at any stage during the process, they should be deported.

People arguing that direct provision is lacking...get rid of it. Close the borders to non EU/EEA citizens.

how do you know I've never stepped foot in it? Been there countless times lad.

Then clearly you should be aware that the many issues the town faces are not solely due to an influx of "de blacks"?

Let's see what there is shall we

1. Massive reasoning of farmland for housing with no provision for schools and shops as a result of dodgy brown envelopes given to a succession of dodgy FF local councillors.

2. Those houses being thrown up on the cheap by greedy property developers.

3. A Kerry businessman who treats his staff like dirt buying up half the properties on the main street of the town, charging obscene rents on them and letting the units go to ruin when the business owners inevitably have to shut up shop so he can knock them and throw up yet more dodgy apartments.

4. A giant Tesco supermarket white elephant on the outskirts of the town that contributes to the decline of the town centre

5. Schools that are falling apart

6. A garda station that has seen its funding slashed.

7. "de blacks"

Of course the natural reaction is to gloss right over issues 1 to 6 and just blame all the towns ills on "de blacks"

Then clearly you should be aware that the many issues the town faces are not solely due to an influx of "de blacks"?

1. Massive reasoning of farmland for housing with no provision for schools and shops as a result of dodgy brown envelopes given to a succession of dodgy FF local councillors.

3. A Kerry businessman who treats his staff like dirt buying up half the properties on the main street of the town, charging obscene rents on them and letting the units go to ruin when the business owners inevitably have to shut up shop so he can knock them and throw up yet more dodgy apartments.

4. A giant Tesco supermarket white elephant on the outskirts of the town that contributes to the decline of the town centre

7. "de blacks"

Of course the natural reaction is to gloss right over issues 1 to 6 and just blame all the towns ills on "de blacks"

Mostly related to over population created by dumping loads of economic migrants from Africa into the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gang-thug-threatens-cut-baby-15380313?fbclid=IwAR3VKsLR1fsDva1IXHG2oakLsW15xeivTjlcJ7wNe79K-M0VHR8wWfuj7Ts

100 youths from Balbriggan in rampage in portmarnock threaten mother in car.

Our friendly immigrants again.
    You don't have 100 youths rampaging through Tallaght, Blanch or Clondalkin.

Mostly related to over population created by dumping loads of economic migrants from Africa into the town.

Yes because dodgy planning deals made in the 90s, houses riddled with pyrite thrown up by cowboys and a rich prick from Kerry throwing his cash about trying to make cash for himself are directly related to an influx of migrants from Africa.
    It's not a binary issue, it's a giant complex layer cake of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

7. "de blacks"

Went to a beach nothing but problems.

1. There was a bit of litter.

2. Not enough bins.

3. Toilets a far walk away from the main beach.

4. The shop did not sell beachballs.

5. The sand was very fine and got everywhere.

6. The food van was very expensive.

7. "A shark problem ten people have been eaten this summer alone".

This use to be a great beach and as you can see we can't blame all the problems of man-eating sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Augme

pablo128 wrote: »
    You don't have 100 youths rampaging through Tallaght, Blanch or Clondalkin.

Of course not, never.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/lidl-to-demolish-looted-tallaght-store-1.3418461?mode=amp

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/several-cars-burnt-out-during-disturbances-in-tallaght-1.3414339?mode=amp

Although, let me guess? It was just black people who did that. Infact, it was most likely the travelling gangs of black youths who came over from ballbriggan and did that.

Went to a beach nothing but problems.

1. There was a bit of litter.

2. Not enough bins.

3. Toilets a far walk away from the main beach.

4. The shop did not sell beachballs.

5. The sand was very fine and got everywhere.

6. The food van was very expensive.

7. "A shark problem ten people have been eaten this summer alone".

This use to be a great beach and as you can see we can't blame all the problems of man-eating sharks.

Yet again another shining example of the halfwit who populates this country. Completely ignore the underlying issues that have been caused by continuing to elect for neoliberal shiitebags that caused an issue to emerge yet go mad at the issue itself.

Looking at the polls it seems we're burdened to share this island with these halfwits and rinse and repeat the very same failed neoliberal politics. Who knows it might be Kells next or maybe Athenry

Yes because dodgy planning deals made in the 90s, houses riddled with pyrite thrown up by cowboys and a rich prick from Kerry throwing his cash about trying to make cash for himself are directly related to an influx of migrants from Africa.
    It's not a binary issue, it's a giant complex layer cake of ****e

Rubbish nothing to do with migrants it was the locals not having the foresight to plan their families properly.

• Advertisement

Rubbish nothing to do with migrants it's was the locals not having the foresight to plan their families properly.

What fresh horse****e are you spouting now?

What fresh horse****e are you spouting now?

b50cc2a5606e538fecda6df1b2d1263faa7fbcc9217ce99e25337e6b7c93d3a0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Of course not, never.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/lidl-to-demolish-looted-tallaght-store-1.3418461?mode=amp

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/several-cars-burnt-out-during-disturbances-in-tallaght-1.3414339?mode=amp

Although, let me guess? It was just black people who did that. Infact, it was most likely the travelling gangs of black youths who came over from ballbriggan and did that.

Actually there was plenty of videos of black lads bragging about what they had looted going around. You could be on to something.

b50cc2a5606e538fecda6df1b2d1263faa7fbcc9217ce99e25337e6b7c93d3a0.jpg

A lion does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I would wonder why the most northerly town in the county, with nothing in it was subject to so much building of houses...

Not sure what that has to do with anything

Moriarty does not own anywhere near half the properties on the Main Street. What evidence have you that he treats his staff like dirt? The staff in Super Valu and the BC Hotel are among the best I’ve seen anywhere in the country to be honest. They seem very happy in what they do.

The people of Balbriggan were crying out for something like Millfield, it came at the wrong time.

There’s no schools “falling apart”

5 new Gardaí in the town since last year

7. "de blacks"

Placing a large number of any race, creed or nationality from a vastly different culture in a working class area will inevitably result in friction and culminate in racism. That’s the way of the world and there’s no simple fix.

Are you from Balbriggan yourself?

Rubbish nothing to do with migrants it was the locals not having the foresight to plan their families properly.

The population of balbriggan was stable for years before the African invasion. Most African women seem to be perpetually pregnant with not a worry in the world about who is going to pay for their next kid.

Think he is from Africa himself he said he is a Lion.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHwXAr_2qQJzYwUdRwdbUEJtqprAb6H3kXv1s36msuWtmdaX-aVA

I am though thankfully I've long escaped the kip. Still have family stuck there though. My comments on Moriarty are experience from actually working for the prick

The population of balbriggan was stable for years before the African invasion. Most African women seem to be perpetually pregnant with not a worry in the world about who is going to pay for their next kid.

Stagnant birth rates you see now Balbriggan is full of youthful energy.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Of course not, never.

Actually, there wore blacks involved in the looting of Lidl. They posted videos of themselves on Snapchat. The Lidl is located beside a notorious African ghetto Mac Uilliam estate, where local delivery service drivers refuse to service because of muggings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement