Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Joegriffin2019

...Seen a video of what is supposed to be the suspect being arrested...Guards telling him to drop the knife, and he said he wanted him shot...Could be totally wrong of course...

Way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

hawkelady wrote: »
    They’re scum if the sell drugs... fixed that for ya

Why? Drugs being illegal at all is a relic from a time when it was acceptable for governments to engage in social engineering around sexual and public morality. Drugs weren't made illegal because they were unhealthy, they were made illegal because hedonism was frowned upon and considered immoral.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Seen a video of what is supposed to be the suspect being arrested...Guards telling him to drop the knife, and he said he wanted him shot...Could be totally wrong of course...

Way off.
    ...Could be for sure, just got in from a friend who said it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The guy with the knife was in the East Wall. That looked more like a social incident of him wanting to harm himself or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Why? Drugs being illegal at all is a relic from a time when it was acceptable for governments to engage in social engineering around sexual and public morality. Drugs weren't made illegal because they were unhealthy, they were made illegal because hedonism was frowned upon and considered immoral.

Says the druggy i bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The lad who was killed tonight worled in the local babers for some time , seemed like a nice lad and quite ,
    No idea what he was like with friends or in public but very sad to think he finsihes the day lying on ground dead after been shot in the head, what a waste of a young lifw

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The lad who was killed tonight worled in the local babers for some time , seemed like a nice lad and quite ,
    No idea what he was like with friends or in public but very sad to think he finsihes the day lying on ground dead after been shot in the head, what a waste of a young lifw

One rarely gets shot for nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Wannabe gangster, don't mess with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

One rarely gets shot for nothing

Oh for sure obviously went down the wrong path in life , very sad all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Both individuals known to Gardai for drug dealing apparently.

Only kids, probably very tenuous links to the ongoing feud, or maybe just a simple case of another dealer getting them out of his way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Says the druggy i bet

I wish, but having had issues in the past with both depression and motivation, I'm too scared of the dopamine depleted comedown to go anywhere near any kind of stimulants. The concept of downer-type drugs doesn't interest me at all. I do like to get drunk and I smoke weed from time to time if a joint gets passed around, but my views on drugs are entirely ideological in nature - your body, your rules. Nobody else should get to make any rules about what you can or cannot ingest for the purposes of altering your own brain's functioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Jeff2

When you see what these people cause like people pulling drugs out of their arse and others injecting it in their legs in full view of anyone walking past.

This happens in top tourist Dublin areas.

How do they get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Cut my hair many times. Seemed like an alright dude. Know his mates too though these are all quite younger than me. Apparently he always paid his bills but he tried to throw his weight around a bit which got him in trouble. This might not be over money.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

There’s a link to an article online showing the young lad along with other students who were awarded a cert from a school in swords for completing the jcsp, all smiling, it’s very sad how it ends for some, as much as you try to protect your kids from getting in with the wrong crowd sometimes it’s not enough, something I dread when my kids get older as how to keep them away from that scene, some kids see the flash, the money etc think they’re invincible, it’s a foolish game to get into which never ends well but they can’t see it, i’d say this kid was in way over his head doesn’t seem like a major criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Look folks its easy to say f them but its not nice for the familys ,we don't know what these kids done. So better wait till we find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Suckit wrote: »
    Seems like a very small amount to have owed if the rumours are true. Waste of life for some scumbags to take.

50k is what he owed. There's been people shot for much less these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

ASOT wrote: »

How do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

myshirt wrote: »
    No respect for life. No respect for anything.

And worse still, I'm still not convinced people realise how sinister this is. We have a dangerous, dangerous attitude of "not on my doorstep, not my problem", or "he must have deserved it" if it's someone the papers describe as "known to Gardai".

Keep that going at your peril and see how it works out.

This is disgusting and absolutely everyone should be concerned this is happening in our community this frequently.

Well said. A guy interviewed at the scene of another killing some months back summed it up well when he said that these guys seem to treat the whole shooting/killing thing as some sort of 'call of duty' type video game.
    Not sure what the solution is but it's disgraceful and disgusting that the head honchos on both sides can remain at liberty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*cking hell, Zach used to cut my hair a few years ago. He seemed like a sound lad, a bit if a wild streak but the impression I got was that he was just living life and having fun.

No idea he'd gotten himself into this type of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ASOT wrote: »
    The figure that I heard last night was only €15k.

Garda on the radio are suggesting that he may have gotten in deeper than he realised and also not realised the type of scumbags he was dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

how does murdering them get them their €50k or €15k back ?

not a great credit control policy - no winners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What I can't understand is less than a day after someone is murdered how do people think they know he was killed because he owed money and how do they know how much he owed?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

True but it's a serious incentive for anyone else that owes them money to pay up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...If the 50k figure is true, then how would he have gotten that deep... He must have been dealing, and either was skimming or got busted and owed the debt...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Highlights the implications of none payment

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dk1982

you live by the Swords you die by the Swords......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What I can't understand is less than a day after someone is murdered how do people think they know he was killed because he owed money and how do they know how much he owed?

It's a fairly small City/Country. You can see from the thread that quiet a few knew him. There'll be talk in the aftermath, it mightn't all be correct but it'll be out there/on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

abarkie wrote: »
    Highlights the implications of none payment

must be doing well to be able to write off €50k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

PARlance wrote: »
    It's a fairly small City/Country. You can see from the thread that quiet a few knew him. There'll be talk in the aftermath, it mightn't all be correct but it'll be out there/on here.

I understand that because he was a barber people would know him, but he's hardly going to be discussing drug dealing or debts he owes while he's cutting some fella's hair is he?

And by the way I was in Dublin recently and it's far from small.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement