Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I dont know why I click on these spoilers , it only spoils the 'surprise' (if you can call it that) - but i cant resist
    ah right, so thats whats going to happen then .. so if he is married to the nail bar boss , why then is he getting with Eileen???

That doesn’t make any sense, Jan just left the nail bar and your one rang Nickoli 1 minute later on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

3k??

Johnny surely could pluck it out of his arse like? Sure even the poorest of the residents who are able to raise 5 times the amount without blinking an eye.

And Kate herself? Wasn't she going to get married recently enough and now has to ask Daddy for three thousand? The idea of saving for something seems to have passed her by.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bobbyss wrote: »
    And Kate herself? Wasn't she going to get married recently enough and now has to ask Daddy for three thousand? The idea of saving for something seems to have passed her by.

Kate could ask Carla for a loan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What was that half flesh coloured thing Seb was wearing?
    I thought he had rolled a white t shirt up a la Beijing Bikini.

Between that, his bad smell acting and his daft man bun he gets worse every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

imagine what face Seb would pull if he woke up in the morning to find someone had cut off his silly man bun in the night! :eek:

... more than likely the same bad smell face (by the way mods before you give me yellow card, I am talketh of the character - not the actor :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭steinbock123

What was Robert thinking in the hotel ?? All he had to do was hide in the kitchen once he saw that Vicky had in fact come to the reception, which would have aroused no suspicion as he is the chef after all, and they had plenty of others to serve the food in the room. Instead of which, he was out in the room talking to her and trying to get her to leave in full view of everybody (except Michelle of course). And then of course Tracey (who I thought had quit Streetcars once she discovered that Steve had got his taxi licence back) just happens to come around the corner just as Rob's hugging Vicky. How convenient. i've said it before and I'll say it again, who writes this oh so predictable rubbish? And an even bigger mystery - why do we still keep watching ??

What was Robert thinking in the hotel ?? All he had to do was hide in the kitchen once he saw that Vicky had in fact come to the reception, which would have aroused no suspicion as he is the chef after all, and they had plenty of others to serve the food in the room. Instead of which, he was out in the room talking to her and trying to get her to leave in full view of everybody (except Michelle of course). And then of course Tracey (who I thought had quit Streetcars once she discovered that Steve had got his taxi licence back) just happens to come around the corner just as Rob's hugging Vicky. How convenient. i've said it before and I'll say it again, who writes this oh so predictable rubbish? And an even bigger mystery - why do we still keep watching ??

They (the writers, producers and directors) don't want viewers to sit down an anylize it and pull it to piece lol , their agenda is just to brainwash people to sit down 7.30pm Mon,wed, Fri and watch it and hook them in like fish and not have the intelligence to question everything like this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

spurious wrote: »
    What was that half flesh coloured thing Seb was wearing?
    I thought he had rolled a white t shirt up a la Beijing Bikini.

Between that, his bad smell acting and his daft man bun he gets worse every episode.

Yet a beauty like Alina who could attract any type of man she desired is supposedly in love with him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

15 girls arriving from Albania. [spoiler.. They move into Eileen's.[spoiler

Carla absconds Robert mobile and texts 'the group' but does not see all the messages between nordie and Robert?? - the mind boggles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

So Alina, a young innocent and particularly beautiful girl is trafficked and instead of locking her up in a brothel for wealthy Arabs and fat sweaty golf playing businessmen with wads of money she's sent to work in a nail bar for Jaysus sake.(maybe they didn't want to copy the other storyline with that fella whatsisname with Bethany)
    Seb has a bad smell face...I totally agree. Really bugs me and don't start me on his hair... He looks like a cartoon Samurai warrior.

I'm in mourning ... I thought Jan was 'going to deal with Seb' - IE , I thought Jan was going to take man bun out on tonight's show - but no, looks like we still have to endure Seb's bad smell mush for more episodes to come still ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

So far the trafficing topic is very poorly addressed.
    Nothing really about the plight of the trafficked. This should be the core of the story not Seb's anger or Jan's anguish.

I know one way Seb could exit the show.. Alina gets her passport back, says she is moving back to Poland or lithuania or wherever it is she is from to be with her family , Seb goes "i'm coming with you, theres nothing for me over here any more and I want to be with you ...."

There you go , he's gone and we dont have to be subject to the sulky faces he pulls

Ann22 wrote: »
    So Alina, a young innocent and particularly beautiful girl is trafficked and instead of locking her up in a brothel for wealthy Arabs and fat sweaty golf playing businessmen with wads of money she's sent to work in a nail bar for Jaysus sake.(maybe they didn't want to copy the other storyline with that fella whatsisname with Bethany).

Coerced prostitution is a vastly more serious crime though so it could make sense. Also other gangs running prostitution in the area could cause them a lot of problems and cause the whole thing to be uncovered.
    I know one way Seb could exit the show.. Alina gets her passport back, says she is moving back to Poland or lithuania or wherever it is she is from to be with her family , Seb goes "i'm coming with you, theres nothing for me over here any more and I want to be with you ...."

There you go , he's gone and we dont have to be subject to the sulky faces he pulls

But then Alina would have to actively choose him over all the available men in whereever she's from.

Is Seb signing? His hands never stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anyone else suspicious that Vicky and the rough Irish ex are only pretending to get back together to force Robert's hand?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭KevRossi

So Alina, a young innocent and particularly beautiful girl is trafficked and instead of locking her up in a brothel for wealthy Arabs and fat sweaty golf playing businessmen with wads of money she's sent to work in a nail bar for Jaysus sake.(maybe they didn't want to copy the other storyline with that fella whatsisname with Bethany).

It's a different kind of trafficking; more a form of indentured slavery than anything else, though I think Corrie aren't too sure how to deal with it. It works like this:

Girl in Romania can legally move to the UK. But to do so would cost about €2000; flights, food and rent for up to 5-6 weeks before you get a job and get paid. Minimum wage in Romania is about €450 a month, so 12-18 months to save up for the trip.

So an 'agency' comes in, guarantees her a job doing nails in the UK and agrees to 'loan' her the cost of getting there. Offers her an immediate start, accomodation, wages etc. Too good to be true in many ways.

Girl starts work, works to pay off the money owed and then the 'interest', which, much like the money lender situation, is impossible to pay off. Turns out the wages are crap and the 'accommodation' that we saw is extortionately priced.

Any attempt to run away gets the local heavies onto the family in Romania, a few slaps and the debt has increased significantly. That's how it works, it goes on here as well, very difficult to prove as well. Happens more to non-EU citizens like Russia, Ukraine, Moldova etc.

If the cops come calling there's very little they can do, girls like Alina are probably properly registered with PPS numbers, it's just that they have a huge debt to pay off, big interest and very little wages left once all the 'deductions' have been made.

When Jan said he would "take care of Seb" we were hoping he meant in an Al Pacino sort of way, but turns out Jan was thinking more along the lines of Julie Andrews.

When Jan said he would "take care of Seb" we were hoping he meant in an Al Pacino sort of way, but turns out Jan was thinking more along the lines of Julie Andrews.

Hahaha! Yeah I would've like to see him wipe the 'did someone just fart' face off him.

• Advertisement

Seb came around quick. I thought the police had to wait before they could question him.

Just waiting for the, on Wednesday:

Jan: "I am sorry Eileen I lied - I will get my zings and go .."

Eileen: " It's OK - Put your bags down your not going anywhere, but if you lie to me again ..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just waiting for the, on Wednesday:

Jan: "I am sorry Eileen I lied - I will get my zings and go .."

Eileen: " It's OK - Put your bags down your not going anywhere, but if you lie to me again ..."
    I will chop off your ponytail.

To thine own self be true

I will chop off your ponytail.

is that a euphemism? :D

So Seb's mum (name I can't think of) is making furtive videos of an oblivious ranting Kevin and posting them on some sort of sneery social media page..and she's just after getting her job back there after months of pestering??? Stupid, stupid, stupid woman! So he will fire her again but they'll end up together.
    Imran is scanning Claudia and tells do gooder Toyah and expects her to go along with it?? Has he no brain?????

So Seb's mum (name I can't think of) is making furtive videos of an oblivious ranting Kevin and posting them on some sort of sneery social media page..and she's just after getting her job back there after months of pestering??? Stupid, stupid, stupid woman! So he will fire her again but they'll end up together.
    Imran is scamming Claudia and tells do gooder Toyah and expects her to go along with it?? Has he no brain?????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Steve could be Emmas dad

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

casio4 wrote: »
    Steve could be Emmas dad
    I suspect it will her brother that will be her son.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Imran is scamming Claudia and tells do gooder Toyah and expects her to go along with it?? Has he no brain?????

Toyah is not all good, baby lying :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Toyah is not all good, baby lying

Feck yeah she did. Forgot about that but she goes all moralistic when it suits her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement