Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

not sure what happened in the end there? Gary found enough money in that safe to pay to rebuild the factory and what's the plan with your man?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭magicray

I think I missed a bit, where did Gary get the key for the storage box - was it Kevins and is it Kevins money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Sparko

Why did Adam Barlow announce his name to Maria when he came in to the barbers? They've slept together, I reckon she recognised him!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ken Barlow will celebrate his 80th Birthday in October.
    Norris Cole
    guest appearance and
    Emily Bishop
    will appear on a video message!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Seb is the crappest character and the dude who plays him is the crappest actor and he's a whiny little bitch. Just needed to get that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭KevRossi

magicray wrote: »
    I think I missed a bit, where did Gary get the key for the storage box - was it Kevins and is it Kevins money ?

It fell out of the black book where Rick (and now Gary) had all the debts recorded. He's had that book in his hand about 200 times and only now does it fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

RobertKK wrote: »
    A £50 note, you would think it was like giving someone a €500 note...

I laughed at that but English pubs and shops are terrible for taking anything much above exact change in my experience. I went into a shop in Bristol and was buying something for £12, I handed in a £20 note to be asked “have you nothing smaller”
    Similarly I bought a round of 10 drinks in Newcastle and paid with a £50 note and 3 separate staff members had to check the note then ask a manager could they take a £50 note. Crazy stuff

£50 notes are not as common in the uk as €50 notes are here. £20 is the most common.
    I laughed at that but English pubs and shops are terrible for taking anything much above exact change in my experience. I went into a shop in Bristol and was buying something for £12, I handed in a £20 note to be asked “have you nothing smaller”
    Similarly I bought a round of 10 drinks in Newcastle and paid with a £50 note and 3 separate staff members had to check the note then ask a manager could they take a £50 note. Crazy stuff

Try buying something with a €100 in Ireland and see how far you get. Common in Germany, but unknown here, I've seen a few German tourists get into a bit of bother with them.

Show was full of holes; demolish an existing factory and build a new one with a full fit out in 3 months? Yeah right. Only in soap land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why would someone who had that much money locked in a storage unit needed a loan from a loan shark?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Sparko

KevRossi wrote: »
    Show was full of holes; demolish an existing factory and build a new one with a full fit out in 3 months? Yeah right. Only in soap land.

When Gary rocked up with his "investor", I was hoping the storyline was heading towards the stranger having premises that the factory would rent. That factory in a residential area is such an anachronism - it works for them to have a chunk of the locals in a handy central set but it needs to go!

• Advertisement

Why would someone who had that much money locked in a storage unit needed a loan from a loan shark?

That was Rick's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That was Rick's money.

Ahh, that makes sense now.. I wasn't thinking about it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭threetrees

I was thinking the £50 notes thing was a bit odd, €50s are commonplace here from the ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Who’s this Derek Milligan supposed to be?

All that stuff with the €50 was weird? What’s the big deal if it was a €100 note u might say something. I’ve actually never seen a €100 note.

voldejoie wrote: »
    We laughed so much over the disbelief at seeing a £50 note I had tears streaming down my face! They way they go on about money is gas in general though :pac:

They never see a £50 yet they are able to eat out and drink every night of the week, this show is a f*cking joke.

casio4 wrote: »
    not sure what happened in the end there? Gary found enough money in that safe to pay to rebuild the factory and what's the plan with your man?

Gary is an absolute fool, no matter how much money Gary has he will always end up broke. He’s the equivalent of Billy Mitchell from Eastenders.

fin12 wrote: »
    Who’s this Derek Milligan supposed to be?

All that stuff with the €50 was weird? What’s the big deal if it was a €100 note u might say something. I’ve actually never seen a €100 note.
    You'd rarely see a £50 note. We're used to the €50 ones, hence people's surprise.

You'd rarely see a £50 note. We're used to the €50 ones, hence people's surprise.

Anytime I go over I always have £50 with me. Don’t have much hassle paying for stuff with them.

Oki just asked my friend who lives in Manchester and he says he’s never used a £50 ever and he’s living there years.

They must use cards a lot over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭magicray

It fell out of the black book where Rick (and now Gary) had all the debts recorded. He's had that book in his hand about 200 times and only now does it fall out.

Thanks I wondered when he rang looking for the year - mad really who knew Rick was a big fan of Weatherfield county

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Yup, I lived in England for 6 years and not once did I even see a £50 note, never got them from the ATM. I always thought it was a bit weird- it’s not THAT much money!

fin12 wrote: »
    Oki just asked my friend who lives in Manchester and he says he’s never used a £50 ever and he’s living there years.

They must use cards a lot over there.

The usual note is a £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How did Gary know which lock up and unit there plus safe code?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He might have just being good at guessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Miraculously, Gary sat in Roy's cafe looking at the key, and one of the Bailey boys recognised it as he had used the same lock up.

Then - even more miraculously - Gary had the amazing idea of phoning Tim and asking when Weatherfield County were founded - and lo, and behold, the year was the code for the safe. I don't remember Rick being a supporter of WC, but I may have missed that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Livvie wrote:
    Then - even more miraculously - Gary had the amazing idea of phoning Tim and asking when Weatherfield County were founded - and lo, and behold, the year was the code for the safe. I don't remember Rick being a supporter of WC, but I may have missed that bit.

I seemed to have missed something along the way. Gary happens across this key from Rick. There's a combination involved. And he contacts Tim to find out the year the football team was founded?

What lead him to that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

You'd think Rick's mother or daughter's year of birth would be more likely not something that can be Voggled in a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Getting real sick of Kirk now, every third line is some loud dopey comment. At least Beth wasn't around today, and the moaning from Sean, Izzy et al was kept to a relative minimum.

I think that the factory has produced every variation of story it can at this point. The writers should have taken the opportunity of the that money pit being destroyed to build up a new type of business with new sets and potential for storylines, split that horrible bunch of entitled whingers up and give them new settings and challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

magicray wrote: »

Thanks I wondered when he rang looking for the year - mad really who knew Rick was a big fan of Weatherfield county
    Did you not know he's Tommy O's brother :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Livvie wrote: »
    Miraculously, Gary sat in Roy's cafe looking at the key, and one of the Bailey boys recognised it as he had used the same lock up.

I would be very surprised if you can find a lockup key, and just wander in off the street without showing some photo ID for a wander around the place??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement