Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I dreamt last night that Andy was back in it and Kevin Webster hit him over the head with a hammer 3 times. Was a quite upsetting. I was there as in real life, like a bystander but not sure they were aware of my presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

spurious wrote: »
    Kevin's fall as he came to the house was very convincing. I wonder was it an out take originally.

I thought it was good too, looked like it hurt too and added to the desperation. Not exactly going to go down in Corrie stunt history though. Sally, goes through a roof, David, rolls a car in midair, Kevin, eats it tripping over his own feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ann22 wrote:
    I dreamt last night that Andy was back in it and Kevin Webster hit him over the head with a hammer 3 times. Was a quite upsetting. I was there as in real life, like a bystander but not sure they were aware of my presence.

You have dreams about Coronation Street!!!

Jikashi wrote:
    I thought it was good too, looked like it hurt too and added to the desperation. Not exactly going to go down in Corrie stunt history though. Sally, goes through a roof, David, rolls a car in midair, Kevin, eats it tripping over his own feet.

I winced when that happened. I fully expected him to be quite hurt. He looked as if he hurtled at speed into the path. But got up without a bother. How did he manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

good scene though kevin running through the streets in desperation to get home.

no repercussions from the police about leaving a 7 year old on his own??

anything could have happened. The house could have burnt down, he could have burnt the house down ...... a burgular could have broken in! ;) - he's a minor! actually no more than that, he is disabled as well !

I can feel something in my water and that is .... Kevin and Seb's mum, Abbie, end up together?

I thought Kevin might end up with Sophie's girlfriend at one time (if she swings both ways) but I doubt that's gonna happen now

God Chesney, Gemma and her mam need to go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

God Chesney, Gemma and her mam need to go now

And take Kirk and Beth with them.

Sparko wrote: »
    And take Kirk and Beth with them.

Kirk is a spare shell no one wants and Beth is just vile

I am confused at corrie with these story lines of grooming and human trafficking - it seem factually that when I hear of these instances on SkyNews or newspapers the leaders who are up in court do not seem to be of white English descent , they are Pakistani or Indian or black when they are up in court for grooming or human trafficking.

So I am really not being racist or anything like that I am just saying what is being reported in the news in real life is different to what Coronation street have run the 2 stories of grooming (as in Bethany) and now this Trafficking with Alana being carried out with white Manchester instigators. you would think if a soap wanted to cover these kind of storylines that they would make it as true to life and factual as possible

spurious wrote: »
    Kevin's fall as he came to the house was very convincing. I wonder was it an out take originally.

Confirmed as an unintentional fall but he just rolled with it so to speak.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28541056/coronation-street-kevin-webster-fall-not-scripted/

I am confused at corrie with these story lines of grooming and human trafficking - it seem factually that when I hear of these instances on SkyNews or newspapers the leaders who are up in court do not seem to be of white English descent , they are Pakistani or Indian or black when they are up in court for grooming or human trafficking.

So I am really not being racist or anything like that I am just saying what is being reported in the news in real life is different to what Coronation street have run the 2 stories of grooming (as in Bethany) and now this Trafficking with Alana being carried out with white Manchester instigators. you would think if a soap wanted to cover these kind of storylines that they would make it as true to life and factual as possible

Remember Eva and Billy saved a slave from some posh couple's house in the last few years too - a client of the factory I think. They're tapping that well a lot.

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    Confirmed as an unintentional fall but he just rolled with it so to speak.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28541056/coronation-street-kevin-webster-fall-not-scripted/

well it was good - glade they went with that take

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is Jan trying to be Pat Phelan? Coz he ain't no Pat Phelan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Jenny want Kate out of the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

I am confused at corrie with these story lines of grooming and human trafficking - it seem factually that when I hear of these instances on SkyNews or newspapers the leaders who are up in court do not seem to be of white English descent , they are Pakistani or Indian or black when they are up in court for grooming or human trafficking. <part removed >

I think that's just it they wanted to explore the Eastern European gangs also. There was a program on a while back about Romanians crammed into rooms maybe 20 in a 3 bedroom house. Working crazy hours in car washes and building too I think it was. So they are not far off.

I'm sure there was a case only a couple of weeks ago about Poles making millions in England and jailed on modern slavery charges. ALL white European.

This is it.

20190729-213505.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but anyone else think Seb is an atrocious actor?
    Always has a face on him like he’s just smelled something rancid.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Yeah I think he went to the Fart in a Lift school of drama with Nick/Ben Price.

I think that's just it they wanted to explore the Eastern European gangs also. There was a program on a while back about Romanians crammed into rooms maybe 20 in a 3 bedroom house. Working crazy hours in car washes and building too I think it was. So they are not far off.

I'm sure there was a case only a couple of weeks ago about Poles making millions in England and jailed on modern slavery charges. ALL white European.

This is it.

true - it must be the grooming gangs I am just thinking of then (as in the storyline of Bethany)

Seb is pretty dense telling Yan he saw him going to the nail bar and believing his story about doing work there .. he should have gone to eileen with his suspicions .. mind you, the look what Seb gave at the end (didnt know if he was acting or farting LOL) might be that he still has his suspicions that something fishy is going on about all this and still go to eileen with his concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually found Seb scurrying around in his tracksuit/hood up kid of funny. He was trying to be invisible but he stood out like hell!

Seb was bloody clever getting such good pictures from randomly pointing his phone in front of a bin and not looking where he was pointing his phone! - is there no end to this lad's talent? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

laneykin wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but anyone else think Seb is an atrocious actor?
    Always has a face on him like he’s just smelled something rancid.

He is absolutely terrible. He does this thing with his mouth that drives me mad and everything he says has a sense of urgency even if its not urgent.

Seb was bloody clever getting such good pictures from randomly pointing his phone in front of a bin and not looking where he was pointing his phone! - is there no end start to this lad's talent? ;)

FYP

So I am trying to get my head around this one. Is Yan (or Jan) the one involved in human trafficking and the kingpin or is he under this British white Mancunian nail bar boss who has stole his passport as well and had given him a dump to live in and 50p an hour , because as I said before normally in the news it's a foreign gang that are involved in human trafficking in the news normally.

I suppose we will get to find out soon (hopefully if they don't stage the storyline out) but I am just thinking now that maybe Yan is the boss of the gang maybe and that the nail bar boss is working for him? .. but then why would he need building jobs and the like then if he is the boss/organiser of the the trafficking gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭LordBasil

So I am trying to get my head around this one. Is Yan (or Jan) the one involved in human trafficking and the kingpin or is he under this British white Mancunian nail bar boss who has stole his passport as well and had given him a dump to live in and 50p an hour , because as I said before normally in the news it's a foreign gang that are involved in human trafficking in the news normally.

I suppose we will get to find out soon (hopefully if they don't stage the storyline out) but I am just thinking now that maybe Yan is the boss of the gang maybe and that the nail bar boss is working for him? .. but then why would he need building jobs and the like then if he is the boss/organiser of the the trafficking gang?
    Actually 'Jan' is not his name, he's really Nicolai and is married to the Nail Bar Manager Rachel! He's the kingpin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

LordBasil wrote: »
    Actually 'Jan' is not his name, he's really Nicolai and is married to the Nail Bar Manager Rachel! He's the kingpin.

They kind of signposted that a bit too well really.

I have never seen such a busy nail bar.

I dont know why I click on these spoilers , it only spoils the 'surprise' (if you can call it that) - but i cant resist
    ah right, so thats whats going to happen then .. so if he is married to the nail bar boss , why then is he getting with Eileen???

I dont know why I click on these spoilers , it only spoils the 'surprise' (if you can call it that) - but i cant resist
    ah right, so thats whats going to happen then .. so if he is married to the nail bar boss , why then is he getting with Eileen???
    I think him and Rachel don't want people/the authorities to know they're married so Eileen is a cover. Paula knows him which is why he acted really evasive when Eileen questioned him about how he knows Paula. Paula cannot tell anyone because of client confidentiality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Seb was bloody clever getting such good pictures from randomly pointing his phone in front of a bin and not looking where he was pointing his phone! - is there no end to this lad's talent?

So clever in fact he said he'd get Alina a job to get away when for the last year he couldn't even get himself a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They are spoilers on the Coronation Street fan page that would disagree with this.
    They show two man fighting one called Jan and the other called Nicilai.

• Advertisement

They are spoilers on the Coronation Street fan page that would disagree with this.
    They show two man fighting one called Jan and the other called Nicilai.
    I was just going by what I'd heard. Jan is definitely involved with the Human Trafficking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement