Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That scene was so cringy and awkward. Adam and Sarah Louise are a great match but this pair are drivel. I'm impressed they reminded us of the Carla/Ali thing though. That's the kind of thing that is usually affected by Soap Amnesia

really.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Hah! I like Sarah Louise and Adam. I think they look great together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Chesney wouldn't want to live in a house someone was murdered in? Well that covers just about every building around him, including HIS OWN HOUSE, in which his brother in law caved someone's head in with a hammer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Wait hang on. So Gary deliberately sabotaged the roof to get a big payout on the insurance when it fell through? But we already know Carla asked him to just patch it up and paid him to stay quiet. So how is he suddenly to blame for it all and how did he know Sally and her sis would go up into the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I was all ready to believe Michelle's fella , Robert, that he was responsible for damaging the roof - everything pointing in his direction . but i suppose thats what the writers wanted you to believe - but right build and everything , much more believable height and build of the assailant .. more than Gary or the money lender bloke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was all ready to believe Michelle's fella , Robert, that he was responsible for damaging the roof - everything pointing in his direction . but i suppose thats what the writers wanted you to believe - but right build and everything , much more believable height and build of the assailant .. more than Gary or the money lender bloke

I never for a second thought it was Robert.
    Gary was one of the top contenders for me.

I never for a second thought it was Robert.
    Gary was one of the top contenders for me.

do you recall how Robert was acting weird/vicious to Carla when he though that she was responsible for him and michelle splitting up and he even put a brick through her car window as well i think, and he also warned her 'to watch her back' when she dropped some papers in the street.

mind you we all now know that it was gary now. although, what was the message he left for Sarah did he say 'it was my fault I sabotaged the roof' ? - or did he say 'its all my fault about the sabotaged roof' which could imply that he did think it was rick that sabotaged it because Gary didnt pay him back ?

in that case Gary could have thought it was his fault even though he didnt sabotage the roof directly , in that case Robert still could have gone up there and sabotaged it ... if not him why did the camera point to a guilty looking Robert every time they mentioned about the roof and Rhana's death?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

I convinced myself it was Seb.

IMG-20190721-165034.jpg

do you recall how Robert was acting weird/vicious to Carla when he though that she was responsible for him and michelle splitting up and he even put a brick through her car window as well i think, and he also warned her 'to watch her back' when she dropped some papers in the street.

mind you we all now know that it was gary now. although, what was the message he left for Sarah did he say 'it was my fault I sabotaged the roof' ? - or did he say 'its all my fault about the sabotaged roof' which could imply that he did think it was rick that sabotaged it because Gary didnt pay him back ?

in that case Gary could have thought it was his fault even though he didnt sabotage the roof directly , in that case Robert still could have gone up there and sabotaged it ... if not him why did the camera point to a guilty looking Robert every time they mentioned about the roof and Rhana's death?

They were pointing the finger at all of the suspects during the investigation.
    Pointing the camera at them and them looking dodgy/etc. Robert and Carla were at the bottom of my list.
    Gary was high up because he was always going on about money and looking for work/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Gail's departure was odd and very quiet. We don't really hear much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Alice1 wrote:
    Gail's departure was odd and very quiet. We don't really hear much about it.

You're right. And where will she get the money to survive? She was on low wages after all. She used to be a cleaner I think. Or did she win a lot of money?

bobbyss wrote: »
    You're right. And where will she get the money to survive? She was on low wages after all. She used to be a cleaner I think. Or did she win a lot of money?

Lewis gave her back the money.

I think it would be gas if she returned and was expecting to be missed and they just said we can cope without you and she had to move into Eileen's!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is Helen Worth involved in another project? Just fed up with silly storylines for her?
    Hair transplant?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

There were rumours that she was disgruntled at the workload and bailing out but officially she is just on a summer break and will be back filming soon.

Radio Times I think it was, can't do a link from my phone. :o

bobbyss wrote: »

Lewis gave back her money he stole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'd rather burn my money than donate it to Gemma.

Sparko wrote: »
    I'd rather burn my money than donate it to Gemma.

It's a funny thing about these GoFune me pages. If you read abut them in the paper they seem lovely but if you knew them you may not be gone on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Does anyone else really not care about Gary.

Shelga wrote: »

It's not that I don't care about him but I just feel it's a story that may drag on well into the middle of 2020.
    I also can't really take him seriously being violent/etc.

Did Gary reveal Peter and Carla paid him to keep quite about the roof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Shelga wrote: »

I don't care either :D

I can sort of like see where Gary is coming from . everyone thinks he is scum ... so he is acting more like scum and gonna get worse.

Whats that old saying about treat a dog like a bad and they will act like a bad dog or something - so if he already thinks people think that of him what has he to loose? - nothing!

I like the way the pitbull woman says 'within a week you will be just like rick' and then what, he is in pub, they all hate him everywhere he goes ... so he pins guy up against his van and gets nasty about the interest --- it werent even a week!

Looks in van mirror and hates what he sees / has become .. but that wont stop him, not in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭KevRossi

He was a scumbag when he showed up first, as were the rest of the family. So it's nothing new to him.

I would have liked to see him as a 'nice' money lending shark LOL - but the lady was right when she said 'what if they keep coming back and say they havent got the money, what are you gonna say the 5th time they come back and use that excuse?"

yeah you go-on Gary, break their legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think the guy who plays Gary is a good actor. I actually look forward to his scenes, there’s like a comedy element to them also I find but it’s unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

So Gary is going to pay for Kelly's education (her mother will be grateful) and get involved in loan sharking to make people's lives 'better'.

Odds on that Gary's old refrain 'I've messed up, yeah' will be heard at least one more time.

Be a nice twist if someone from the street goes to 'Garys office' for a loan and see 's him working there ... which is a very high probability seeing as half the time people on the street are broke and dont look the type that would be able to get a loan from the bank (the chav ones on the street I mean, not the likes of the solicitors and Nick and that)

Imagine if Sarah needs a loan one day and cannot get one from the bank and swings by the office? :)

Be a nice twist if someone from the street goes to 'Garys office' for a loan and see 's him working there ... which is a very high probability seeing as half the time people on the street are broke and dont look the type that would be able to get a loan from the bank (the chav ones on the street I mean, not the likes of the solicitors and Nick and that)

Imagine if Sarah needs a loan one day and cannot get one from the bank and swings by the office? :)

Gemma or Ches?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gemma or Ches?

yep - possibly ....

or Faye ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭LordBasil

I can't help but like Gary. I don't think he is evil, he just does stupid things but then has to do some terrible things to cover his tracks. He's more John Stape than Pat Phelan.

Regarding the roof, Gary didn't know Sally & Gina were going to get on top of it or that Rana was going to die because of it. The factory was supposed to be closed at the time for a few days so he thought it would collapse with nobody inside. Not that it makes it right what he did, but a lot of things happened out of his control.

Him pinning it on Rick is similar to when the Platts framed the deceased Tony for Callum's murder, they got away with it, so could Gary?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement