Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Moose Man v "Social Influencer"...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭mada999

erica74 wrote: »
    They'll be calling it influencer-shaming next. You're nobody if you haven't been *something*shamed these days.

haterrsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

sdanseo wrote: »
    He won't be a poor man if he has to sell - three conjoined Georgian 3-storey properties, well set back from the road and at least the same floor area again extended to the rear. And despite your reservations about location, within walking distance of O'Connell Street and literally on top of Phibsborough Luas.

Well by the looks of his current financial situation the decision to sell will not be in his hands. As I said if he misses one repayment on that loan the bank will be circling just as they have done to tons of other hotels in massive debt in Ireland. His parents property secures the loan and if he cant pay it back then he will be forced into a firesale, the bank wont care so long as they get their pound of flesh.

fritzelly wrote: »
    You don't know how business is run, doesn't need to make anywhere near that kind of money
    So many outs for this business or continue trading with extensions on loans and so on and so on

You are just making it up as you go along. Why dont you answer the question I posed- how is he going to generate 12 million quid to repay his loans? In five years? I dont think so.

Banks are quids in when they repossess hotels because they get their loan paid back AND they get control of the property. Do you not even realise how many hotels banks have repossessed in Ireland over the last 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You are just making it up as you go along. Why dont you answer the question I posed- how is he going to generate 12 million quid to repay his loans? In five years? I dont think so.

Banks are quids in when they repossess hotels because they get their loan paid back AND they get control of the property. Do you not even realise how many hotels banks have repossessed in Ireland over the last 10 years?

Answered the question - you decided to ignore it even though you quoted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

except your answers don't stand up to scruteny, given that the banks are not going to give extensions on the loans when they could just take the property and get their money quick.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Yeah but 2 million in debt is quite a lot for a small hotel and cafe. In a time when Dublin tourism is booming those figures do not make for good reading, especially as the loans are due to be paid back in the next 2-5 years.

Where are you getting your figures? The figures I see show a company with strong asset base and reasonable profits.

except your answers don't stand up to scruteny, given that the banks are not going to give extensions on the loans when they could just take the property and get their money quick.

You seriously expect me to come up with an escape plan not knowing how the business is structured, on what proviso's or assets the loan was agreed on, what assets were included in the loan agreement, was it a personal loan, is it a business loan and so on and so on
    You're trying to start an argument for the sake of it, suffice to say no matter how it was set up there are many outs for them

You and Muahahaha go and find a place to keep agreeing with each other

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Where are you getting your figures? The figures I see show a company with strong asset base and reasonable profits.

Their financial difficulties were reported in Phoenix.

As I said even with 100% occupancy they are in trouble here and they will find no charity from the banks.

You are ignoring the reality of banks repossessing hotels, if you havent seen it you must have been living under a rock for the past decade.

You and Muahahaha go and find a place to keep agreeing with each other

Oh, getting touchy now are we :D Is that you Paul lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Their financial difficulties were reported in Phoenix.

As I said even with 100% occupancy they are in trouble here and they will find no charity from the banks.
    You are ignoring the reality of banks repossessing hotels, if you havent seen it you must have been living under a rock for the past decade.

Oh, it's in the Phoenix - it must be true. I see from other threads that you regularly exaggerate figures even when they are blatantly wrong. Maybe get a job in the indo group of hysterical rags.

At a few clicks I can see their accounts. Yes the company has a loan, but it's not to the bank nor is it a mortgage and it's not 2m either.

It's almost certainly a loan from directors who also have directors funds of 400k. Their credit rating for €100,000 of credit is 78% which is excellent.

If you believe rubbish in the sensationalist media without question, your comments will look very foolish as they do here.

Total bank loans and overdrafts = 41k

There's an edit button to add to your post Muahahaha and stop thanking each other - getting a bit creepy now :o

Unless you know how the debt is structured and who or what owes the debt there really is no point arguing the point anymore and no I'm not paying Phoenix to read one article

edit
    CeilingFly has more patience than me to check a little bit...I thanked him but don't think less of me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    His parents didn’t bring all the staff on a trip to Disneyland as a knee jerk reaction to some negative social media coverage for taking the piss out of mental health issues. The business could not afford that trip, he did it to protect his ego.

And obviously your're touting this as fact with some basis rather than your opinion based on what you've observed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

He's getting shown up on Reddit now anyway. He's taken some inspiration from an American radio ad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rU0xyyqIH8A

Oh, it's in the Phoenix - it must be true.

Not happy with what is being reporting? - attack the source. If Phoenix are lying why is Stenson and his company not suing them for defamation? Phoenix are very carefully they dont get sued as one case would send them under. The way you avoid getting sued is to make sure you are telling the truth.

At a few clicks I can see their accounts. Yes the company has a loan, but it's not to the bank nor is it a mortgage and it's not 2m either.

It's almost certainly a loan from directors who also have directors funds of 400k. Their credit rating for €100,000 of credit is 78% which is excellent.

So basically you do not know but are speculating. Forgive me if I put more currency in the reports (which are open to legal challenge) of a financial journalist rather than your cursory glance of the most recent CRO accounts.

Oh and it wasnt just the Phoenix either- the Irish Times have reported on their financial difficulties too, they say there were loss making until 2015 and barely scraped a profit that year. Pretty incredible stuff at a time when Dublin has a severe shortage of hotel rooms really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭TheDavester

while I think he's getting annoying with it, I still applaud him for going after a vacuous influencers, which that nonsense has to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

He's getting shown up on Reddit now anyway. He's taken some inspiration from an American radio ad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rU0xyyqIH8A

He's gotten some postive publicity from one of the bigger Youtube players on his trolling, so its not all bad.

while I think he's getting annoying with it, I still applaud him for going after a vacuous influencers, which that nonsense has to stop

There is no doubt about that. But there is a pair of them in it here. They are both d1cks in their own unique ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

Venom wrote: »
    He's gotten some postive publicity from one of the bigger Youtube players on his trolling, so its not all bad.

Nah but you don't want to be stung copying someone's else's bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Phil's summary fairly hits the nail on the head :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

sdanseo wrote: »
    Phil's summary fairly hits the nail on the head :D

Bearing is alot less polite :)

"The bloke owns and operates a stunning hotel and cafe in Dublin... You put on tight pants and shake your ass in front of a camera."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bearing is alot less polite :)

"The bloke owns and operates a stunning hotel and cafe in Dublin... You put on tight pants and shake your ass in front of a camera."

There's a drama alert one too, where he mentions seeking out the hotel and "paying every cent" with a huge grin on his face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Have any of you ever been in that cafe and his ‘hotel’ upstairs?

They’re both bleedin kips. Like the worst cheap damp bad b&b you’d get stuck in out in Leitrim. It’s really crap.

That said he’s a master at this stuff and fair play taking down this entitled little glimmertramp. We shouldn’t allow this social media influenced bull to become a thing. Kill it with fire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

david75 wrote: »
    That said he’s a master at this stuff and fair play taking down this entitled little glimmertramp.

is he really a master? i'm not so sure. i find it a bit rich one attention seeker trying to take down another attention seeker personally.
    david75 wrote: »
    We shouldn’t allow this social media influenced bull to become a thing. Kill it with fire!!

agreed, so maybe that could include him, seeing as he is using social media for similar reasons?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

is he really a master? i'm not so sure. i find it a bit rich one attention seeker trying to take down another attention seeker personally.

agreed, so maybe that could include him, seeing as he is using social media for similar reasons?

He’s not trying to make begging for freebies as a lifestyle into a career option. She is.
    He’s not on YouTube influencing young kids. She is.

They’re both in a similar field but doing very different things. An adult with half a brain would get a chuckle out of his actions or dismiss him and forget about him.
    She’s talking to impressionable young minds. Big big difference. Yuuuge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Just on the "trip advisor can be trusted" people here

Be careful, they recently apologized for repeatedly deleting reviews from people who claimed sexual assaults and rapes were happening in certain Mexican resorts

Turns out said hotels make "financial contributions" to trip advisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Just on the "trip advisor can be trusted" people here

Be careful, they recently apologized for repeatedly deleting reviews from people who claimed sexual assaults and rapes were happening in certain Mexican resorts

Turns out said hotels make "financial contributions" to trip advisor

It’s okay, it’s just a review site. Nobody is betting their house on it. At worst, you’ll waste money on a crap dinner or hotel room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Well, yer man defends and criticises them both there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Oh, it's in the Phoenix - it must be true.
    When has Phoenix published false materials?

• Advertisement

just seen "the influencer" is playing the "I'm getting bullied" card now and claiming anxiety and depression from the whole ordeal!!!

She had said people over 30 had no idea how vloggin and social media worked. Turns out those ( I mean her) under thirty have no idea how cause an effect works either. typical cry baby play the victim response there.

In saying that, White moose guy an absolute tool too!

Advertisement