Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6N Tournament 2018 (non-Irish TT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Who comes in, is Liam Williams being added to the 23?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

stephen_n wrote: »
    Who comes in, is Liam Williams being added to the 23?

Did he not make the squad? That's mad

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

Synode wrote: »
    Did he not make the squad? That's mad

He’s just back from injury

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Big weekend for both teams though, England have been on a downward since their first season in my opinion, will be a defining tournament for them.

What is that now, 23 wins from 24 games?

If that's your definition of "downward" than you are one tough bastard Venjur :pac:

Based on the first 2 rounds: England => Wales => Ireland => France & Scotland ===> Italy.

Ireland vs Wales is the game of the next round IMO, I think Wales have got a more than decent chance. A lot of what is good about Ireland comes from Sexton, although Aki also put his hand up, but there is not a lot of creativity from the Irish pack. Wales generally defended pretty well against England. We shall see, I suppose.

• Advertisement

swiwi_ wrote: »
    What is that now, 23 wins from 24 games?

If that's your definition of "downward" than you are one tough bastard Venjur :pac:

They were much more convincing their first season with the Slam followed by a white wash in Australia.

Narrow wins to France and Wales last year along with a fairly comprehensive beating by Ireland and then struggling over the Summer to get on top of Argentina is a marked step down from Jones' first year in charge.

They are still winning, but I would argue no where near as convincingly as they were in 2016.

That is all.

They were much more convincing their first season with the Slam followed by a white wash in Australia.

Narrow wins to France and Wales last year along with a fairly comprehensive beating by Ireland and then struggling over the Summer to get on top of Argentina is a marked step down from Jones' first year in charge.

They are still winning, but I would argue no where near as convincingly as they were in 2016.

That is all.

Argentina with their first team, England sans Lions.

I think the other 6N sides have improved, barring the hapless Italy, but if Ireland win all their remaining fixtures, then I concede the point.

From an exclusively neutral POV, Scottish and Welsh wins in round 3 would put the tournament on a knife-edge, with 4 teams having 2 wins and a loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

That is all.

In fairness the home and away element makes one year very different from the next

I'd always expect England to be much less emphatic in a year they play in Cardiff and Dublin than when they have Ireland and Wales at home

So comparing their 2016 and 2017 campaigns does not tell the whole story

Judging that Argentina summer tour is a bit mad they were capping complete no-hopers they'd have been missing what 15 first choice players at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

That is all.

We beat them by 4 points. Yes we were certainly the better team but they were within a score and certainly could have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

23/24 is all that needs to be said, really.

• Advertisement

turnikett1 wrote: »
    23/24 is all that needs to be said, really.

Agree. The nature of the wins is pretty irrelevant when you see a stat like that based over such a long period

They've become master at grinding out wins and have much more of a steel to them than under Lancaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Did anyone else have doubts about Jonny May grounding his first try on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Did anyone else have doubts about Jonny May grounding his first try on Saturday?

Yep, was in the pub, didn't have a great view but didn't see any actual grounding, gave him the benefit of the doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

A number of French players got into a brawl in Edinburgh last night. Some minor injuries were sustained allegedly and Scottish police have prevented the French flight from departing this morning as they make inquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

From the kick? He definitely grounded it when he flipped over after crossing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Buer wrote: »
    A number of French players got into a brawl in Edinburgh last night. Some minor injuries were sustained allegedly and Scottish police have prevented the French flight from departing this morning as they make inquiries.

The ill-discipline continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

They found out nutella was sold out in Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Sangre wrote: »
    From the kick? He definitely grounded it when he flipped over after crossing line.

Yes from Farrell's kick. Haven't seen anything to suggest he grounded it. Looked like his arm was under the ball from all angles I have seen. Like the other poster I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

razorblunt wrote: »

Not sure if this changed since you posted but it says no crime has been committed and their flight left at 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This plane should have been detained in Paris last week on suspicion of theft of a rugby match.....

rsz_img_6475_rdax_80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Despite being treated for minor cuts and bruises, the whole squad were sent for HIA's and resumed the brawl ten minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Despite being treated for minor cuts and bruises, the whole squad were sent for HIA's and resumed the brawl ten minutes later.

Them french lads need their knees examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

New French squad. All players involved in l'épisode écossais are dropped, including Teddy Thomas.

Serin (UBB), Machenaud (Racing 92), Couilloud (Lyon),
    Beauxis (Lyon), Trinh-Duc (Toulon),
    Doumayrou (La Rochelle), Bastareaud (Toulon), Chavancy (Racing 92), Fickou (Toulouse),
    Fall (Montpellier), Vakatawa (Racing 92), Grosso (Clermont),
    Bonneval (Toulon), Palis (Castres).

Chat (Racing 92), Guirado (Toulon, capitaine), Pélissié (UBB),
    Priso (La Rochelle), Ben Arous (Racing 92), Poirot (UBB), Slimani (Clermont), Gomes Sa (Racing 92),
    Vahaamahina (Clermont), R. Taofifenua (Toulon), Gabrillagues (Stade français),
    Le Roux (Racing 92), Babillot (Castres), Camara (Montpellier), Tauleigne (UBB), Galletier (Montpellier), Lauret (Racing 92)

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-de-france/2017-2018/9-changements-pour-l-italie_sto6614281/story.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Cross-posting from the general rugby thread.

France have dropped the players who were involved in the altercation in Edinburgh after the Scotland game. They are Teddy Thomas, Lamerat, Picamoles, Belleau, Danty, Iturria, Lambery, Lapandry and Macalou.

So their only attacking threat from the opening fixtures in Thomas is gone as is their best centre in Lamerat and starting second row in Iturria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Could they not have waited until after their game with England to stop being competitive ?

LOL England will absolutely paste them and Wales should give them a good hiding too.

I think the former would have happened anyway though

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

jr86 wrote: »
    LOL England will absolutely paste them and Wales should give them a good hiding too.

I think the former would have happened anyway though

At this point Italy stand a chance of beating france and then its wooden spoon for them

At this point Italy stand a chance of beating france and then its wooden spoon for them

To be fair they'll likely be fine v Italy even though they struggled two years back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Clegg wrote: »
    Cross-posting from the general rugby thread.

France have dropped the players who were involved in the altercation in Edinburgh after the Scotland game. They are Teddy Thomas, Lamerat, Picamoles, Belleau, Danty, Iturria, Lambery, Lapandry and Macalou.

So their only attacking threat from the opening fixtures in Thomas is gone as is their best centre in Lamerat and starting second row in Iturria.

Does anyone know what happened? I've seen reports of an altercation, a brawl and a sexual assault.

Advertisement