Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6N Tournament 2018 (non-Irish TT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

stephen_n wrote: »
    It means autocorrect on iPhones is a load of bollox :D
    Bin it. ;)

Ask Siri what it means. Might shut her up for a bit. Could bring Apple's servers crashing to a halt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Bin it. ;)

Ask Siri what it means. Might shut her up for a bit. Could bring Apple's servers crashing to a halt. :D

I asked him what 42 was, he still hasn’t got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Clegg wrote: »
    England were comprehensively outplayed at the breakdown. We did the same to them in Dublin last year. I wonder if this will finally prompt Jones to rejig personnel in the backrow. They're playing a second row at blindside flanker and a blindside at openside.

Also, as talented as Joseph and Farrell are as centres they made some horrible defensive errors that led to Scottish trys. Farrell was especially poor in defence yesterday. Didn't make his tackles and waved Scotland through for a try. That's something we should be looking at.

One thing that’s been analysed before even here is that England often only put one player in to secure their own ball in the hope for quick ball and a numerical advantage on attack.

Scotland obviously did their home work and decided to gamble by putting two on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Dero

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That is some word. I'd love to know what it means. :D

I like it. I took it to mean abhorrent aberration. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

swiwi_ wrote: »

I love this quote
    "Finn Russell had the sort of game you dream about as a teenager; the sort of super-human display that only happens in video games when you’ve turned the settings to ‘easiest’ and left the opposition to be manned by an empty controller."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

swiwi_ wrote: »

"Marseille, rugby heartland of France"
    /closes tab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

442861.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jones had no right to score that try. I thought Watson and Brown comfortably had him contained between them. There seemed to be a degree of hesitation in terms of someone putting their hand up and taking ownership where you'd want Brown as the full back and the senior player to boss the situation.

Jones_zpsdjn7afbl.jpg

Then Watson inexplicably hesitates just as he reaches Jones allowing him make that extra couple of yards before contact is made which were crticial in him making the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Watching it live I thought jones was going forward due to some sort of equilibrium from the two tackles. The lads both hesitated and got in each other's way but that the impact of both tackles from either side kind of cancelled each other out and kept jones moving straight towards the line and upright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They both went high in the tackle. Had Brown went low and wrapped his legs they would have stopped him no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ryan Wilson has been cited for contact with the eye area of an opponent. The hearing is Wednesday.

LE – 4 weeks
    MR – 8 weeks
    TE – 12+ weeks

If he's found guilty he's definitely missing the Ireland match as the maximum mitigation is 50%.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ryan Wilson has been cited for contact with the eye area of an opponent. The hearing is Wednesday.

LE – 4 weeks
    MR – 8 weeks
    TE – 12+ weeks

If he's found guilty he's definitely missing the Ireland match as the maximum mitigation is 50%.

Was that one of the off the ball incidents?

Stheno wrote: »
    Was that one of the off the ball incidents?

No this relates to an on-field incident: 37th minute of the match.

No this relates to an on-field incident: 37th minute of the match.
    Silly boy. Unless it was accidental. Still silly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Think it was when Nathan Hughes (?) was pinning him to the ground for some reason. He reached out to free himself/retaliate and was close to Hughes eye area

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Think it was when Nathan Hughes (?) was pinning him to the ground for some reason. He reached out to free himself/retaliate and was close to Hughes eye area

Thats what i meant
    The pair of them were having a scrap and there was a bit of gouging whilst play went on without them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Bridge93 wrote: »

Hughes has his hand on his throat with his entire upper body weight pressing down. He should be cited too IMO.

Yeah that's a ban.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's a ban.

100% a ban but Hughes should be cited too. He is the instigator with his hand around the throat of Wilson. Think Scotland will fight this one.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    100% a ban but Hughes should be cited too. He is the instigator with his hand around the throat of Wilson. Think Scotland will fight this one.
    If Hughes had given him a slap he would be cited, but what he was doing comes under the general description of handbags. So not really I'm afraid. And clearly he would have been by now.

Surprised there hasn't been more. Sam Underhill for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I remember seeing it at the time and thinking the Scottish player could be in trouble for that. It's not a gouge but it's fingers near the eye. Low end, guilty plea, 2 weeks. Personally I think he should fight it because it was nothing. Either cite both or neither.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I remember seeing it at the time and thinking the Scottish player could be in trouble for that. It's not a gouge but it's fingers near the eye. Low end, guilty plea, 2 weeks. Personally I think he should fight it because it was nothing. Either cite both or neither.

There were numerous instances of this off the ball handbags during that game.

Why don't the refs action it at the time?

I clearly remember Nigel going over and telling the two of them to get over themswelves and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I clearly remember Nigel going over and telling the two of them to get over themswelves and that was it.
    When you say action it? If there was a need to up sanction then you do otherwise just have a word. Nigel is especially fond of that.

When you say action it? If there was a need to up sanction then you do otherwise just have a word. Nigel is especially fond of that.

It seemed to be repeatedly ignored in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

It seemed to be repeatedly ignored in that game
    Wasnt worth further action by officials then between ref/ARs/TMO then.

Buer wrote: »
    Jones had no right to score that try. I thought Watson and Brown comfortably had him contained between them. There seemed to be a degree of hesitation in terms of someone putting their hand up and taking ownership where you'd want Brown as the full back and the senior player to boss the situation.

Jones_zpsdjn7afbl.jpg

Then Watson inexplicably hesitates just as he reaches Jones allowing him make that extra couple of yards before contact is made which were crticial in him making the line.

Yeah, that's junior rugby stuff... I mean that literally. When I get the ball in space and there's two defenders I just pick the space and run between them. Worst case you get caught on someone's hard shoulder, but more often than not neither player takes ownership until its too late and it's easy yards. You'd expect that at J5 level. Not in an international test.

Nigel seems to be making it up as he goes along lately and the TMOs are useless if they just nod in agreement all the time. Refs are 70m from a big screen and getting half assed info.

• Advertisement

Yeah saw the contact with the eye during the game and felt if it went to TMO it could be a red card. So citing is fair enough.

Still think it's totally unintentional though, just returning the favour as Hughes had his hand in his face.

But laws are laws, intentional or not there's contact with the eye area. Should be the low end.

Advertisement