Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6N Tournament 2018 (non-Irish TT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Still a bit tempted to go to the France Italy game, but it will be Baltic in the velodrome at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

If we had any hope of winning the tournament on points difference I'd say that's it gone up in smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Wales management saying World Rugby have told them the TMO got it wrong in the England game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Isnt the French squad named only for the Italy game? I'd be shocked if Thoams is left out for England/Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Isnt the French squad named only for the Italy game? I'd be shocked if Thoams is left out for England/Wales.

That's what I was thinking, he would hardly drop the likes of Picamoles, Lamerat, Belleau and Thomas just to send a message over drunken idiocy. It would be total sabotage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened? I've seen reports of an altercation, a brawl and a sexual assault.

Sexual assault was dropped. I’ve heard conflicting reports of an internal fight and something involving other lads in that bar. It’s a common post game spot though so usually they’re tight on who they let in.

I think it may also have been the spot for the Bradbury and Hardie escapades.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

razorblunt wrote: »
    Sexual assault was dropped. I’ve heard conflicting reports of an internal fight and something involving other lads in that bar. It’s a common post game spot though so usually they’re tight on who they let in.

I think it may also have been the spot for the Bradbury and Hardie escapades.

Really? I always got the impression Tigerlilys was closer to Coppers more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sangre wrote: »
    Really? I always got the impression Tigerlilys was closer to Coppers more than anything.

No. It's a proper upmarket place.
    All of George Street is, you'd have the more laid back places just off George Street. Closest to Coppers would be Espionage or 3 Sisters, you'd never see the players there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

It seems poor Teddy is getting a fine on his wages from Racing as well. Apparently they pay an 'ethics' bonus, which is now forfeit due to his getting caught up in the contretemps in Edinburgh.

An ethics bonus? :D

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It seems poor Teddy is getting a fine on his wages from Racing as well. Apparently they pay an 'ethics' bonus, which is now forfeit due to his getting caught up in the contretemps in Edinburgh.

An ethics bonus? :D

Considering the amount of skulduggery that has been ongoing at Racing over the last few years I don't find that hugely surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

HIA investigations decide France have no case to answer

Quelle surprize!

According to the French there was no brawl involving the players.

Iturria broke his nose and burst his lip jumping in to bed and Palis split his forehead open by running in to a lamp post.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Bazzo wrote: »
    According to the French there was no brawl involving the players.

Iturria broke his nose and burst his lip jumping in to bed and Palis split his forehead open by running in to a lamp post.

Sounds like a couple of nasty knee injuries there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

A few enforced changes for the French, obvs...

DWi7E4XW0AAjPVd.jpg

Serin gone again. I'd say he'd make the 23 for any other 6 nations side fairly handily but Brunel doesn't seem to rate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

A few enforced changes for the French, obvs...

DWi7E4XW0AAjPVd.jpg

"Hello darkness my old friend..."

k9t3kz9.jpg

Caption contest? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Mental stat of the day: Dylan Hartley becomes England's second most capped player of all time this weekend.

What the actual f**k?

Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; Vunipola, Hartley, Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Hughes.

Replacements: George, Marler, Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell

I note they're back to being called 'substitutes' and no longer 'finishers'.

Splinters methinks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Bazzo wrote: »
    Serin gone again.

Gas, isn't it :D

(well, almost)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mental stat of the day: Dylan Hartley becomes England's second most capped player of all time this weekend.

What the actual f**k?

Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; Vunipola, Hartley, Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Hughes.

Replacements: George, Marler, Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell

Considering his bans, thats remarkable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I guess England have been light enough at hooker over the years.

I'm surprised Cole has 12 less than Hartley though? He's been an ever present for yonks now

I suppose Lions seasons may have an effect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Gas, isn't it :D

(well, almost)

You could almost call him poison, well if you’re AK you would.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just an off the cuff thought, but bonus points in this competition have really enhanced it, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

England were comprehensively outplayed at the breakdown. We did the same to them in Dublin last year. I wonder if this will finally prompt Jones to rejig personnel in the backrow. They're playing a second row at blindside flanker and a blindside at openside.

Also, as talented as Joseph and Farrell are as centres they made some horrible defensive errors that led to Scottish trys. Farrell was especially poor in defence yesterday. Didn't make his tackles and waved Scotland through for a try. That's something we should be looking at.

Clegg wrote: »
    England were comprehensively outplayed at the breakdown. We did the same to them in Dublin last year. I wonder if this will finally prompt Jones to rejig personnel in the backrow. They're playing a second row at blindside flanker and a blindside at openside.

Also, as talented as Joseph and Farrell are as centres they made some horrible defensive errors that led to Scottish trys. Farrell was especially poor in defence yesterday. Didn't make his tackles and waved Scotland through for a try. That's something we should be looking at.

Farell is normally an extremely solid defender, think yesterday was an abohoration, more than something to target.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

If i was jones I'd be picking 10. Farrell 12. Teo 13. Jj/Slade

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I think Owen Farrell can very much be a weak link when a big runner takes a decent line at him. He tends to go with his arms and give up a lot of ground if he puts the man down. Scotland enjoyed it and it was repeatedly the case last summer also.

I'd be lining Chris Farrell up against him all day. A Farrell/Joseph combination should be something Ireland look at attacking with two guys like Aki and Farrell. On the other side of the ball, Ireland are really going to have their work cut out for them to improve very quickly though. Wales repeatedly got around us and that was with a second string midfield. OF and JJ are capable of carving us open if they get space and decent ball.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Farell is normally an extremely solid defender, think yesterday was an abohoration, more than something to target.
    That is some word. I'd love to know what it means. :D

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That is some word. I'd love to know what it means. :D

It means autocorrect on iPhones is a load of bollox :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    I think Owen Farrell can very much be a weak link when a big runner takes a decent line at him. He tends to go with his arms and give up a lot of ground if he puts the man down. Scotland enjoyed it and it was repeatedly the case last summer also.

I'd be lining Chris Farrell up against him all day. A Farrell/Joseph combination should be something Ireland look at attacking with two guys like Aki and Farrell. On the other side of the ball, Ireland are really going to have their work cut out for them to improve very quickly though. Wales repeatedly got around us and that was with a second string midfield. OF and JJ are capable of carving us open if they get space and decent ball.

We'd also need to improve when we have the ball if we want to do anything like targeting opposition players in their line, we weren't close to being that organised yesterday most of the game.

You're spot on about Farrell though. I remember, I think, you pointed this out during the Lions tour and you were spot on. Definitely one to be sending both our midfielders at.

Advertisement