Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolores O'Riordan RIP (Mod warning in op)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Funeral arrangements announced.

DOLORES O'RIORDAN

Late of Ballybricken, Bohermore and Canada.
    Daughter of the late Terry.
    Former member of the Cranberries.
    Very deeply regretted by her loving mother Eileen, children Taylor, Molly and Dakota and their father,
    Sister Angela, brothers Terence, Brendan, Donal, Joseph and P.J., brother-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, other relatives and a large circle of friends.
    May She Rest In Peace
    Public reposal on Sunday (January 21st) at St. Joseph's Church, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick, from 12.30pm to 4.00pm. Reposing at Cross' Funeral Home, Ballyneety, Monday (January 22nd) from 4pm followed by removal at 8pm to St. Ailbes' Church, Ballybricken. Requiem Mass, Tuesday (January 23rd) at 11.30am followed by private family Burial

Kind of brings it home that despite fame, she was an Irish daughter/sister/mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Dolores o riordan rip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

TI live in the area where her family lives. I can tell you there is no gossiping at the school gate or at the shops about how she died. We are heartbroken for her family especially her mother.
    The inquest will tell everything and the public will lap it up but in the meantime while you all speculate a family is in deep grief. She may have been a public figure but she didn't belong to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Funeral arrangements announced.

DOLORES O'RIORDAN

Late of Ballybricken, Bohermore and Canada.
    Daughter of the late Terry.
    Former member of the Cranberries.
    Very deeply regretted by her loving mother Eileen, children Taylor, Molly and Dakota and their father,
    Sister Angela, brothers Terence, Brendan, Donal, Joseph and P.J., brother-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, other relatives and a large circle of friends.
    May She Rest In Peace
    Public reposal on Sunday (January 21st) at St. Joseph's Church, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick, from 12.30pm to 4.00pm. Reposing at Cross' Funeral Home, Ballyneety, Monday (January 22nd) from 4pm followed by removal at 8pm to St. Ailbes' Church, Ballybricken. Requiem Mass, Tuesday (January 23rd) at 11.30am followed by private family Burial

Former member of The Cranberries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Former member of The Cranberries?

Not to be smart here, but I've never heard of a dead singer performing before - have you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Schwanz wrote: »
    Not to be smart here, but I've never heard of a dead singer performing before - have you?

You’re trying to be smart, but coming across as an idiot. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Some posts deleted and Andrew Beef banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Down for the match. Delayed til 4 went and paid my respects. She looks at peace now, free of her demons, bless her

Down for the match. Delayed til 4 went and paid my respects. She looks at peace now, free of her demons, bless her

I wonder if that was intentional. Never heard of a match postponed because of the weather in Thomond before.

I wonder if that was intentional. Never heard of a match postponed because of the weather in Thomond before.

The pitch is waterlogged tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Because there are many 46 year olds in Ireland, some of them probably curious as to why a fellow 46 year old person would suddenly drop dead.

A quote from legendary Philosopher, Phil Dunphy:
    When someone your age dies, what's the first thing you want to know? Died of what? You just want to hear if it's something that can't happen to you.

As someone with terminal cancer in her 30s, I can confirm that people are preoccupied with this whether they realise it or not. I get all kinds of roundabout probing questions about my condition and it’s clear that people are trying to reassure themselves by finding out if I brought it on myself. Unfortunately for them, I can’t offer them comfort. (Plus it’s really insensitive of them) There’s no known genetic link (my mother had postmenopausal BC but I have none of the gene mutations) and I lived a moderate lifestyle. So whilst people might want to know what she had so that they can reassure themselves, they likely won’t get the neat answer they are hoping for. So IMO there’s not a huge amount of value in knowing what struck her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

A woman on sky news called her our lady Diana.

Dakota Dan wrote: »

Didn't see or hear it but heard she was called "the darling daughter of Limerick" on Sky Action after the match.

We really have lost a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I still feel a little depressed.

She was just so......Irish.
    That warbling voice. Her slight frame. The edgy little tomboy haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Ah now! That's just complete ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Chrongen wrote: »
    I still feel a little depressed.

She was just so......Irish.
    That warbling voice. Her slight frame. The edgy little tomboy haircut.

Her beauty was that unmistakeable 'Irish Mysticism'-this quality you don't understand but makes women magnetic and hypnotic.

Few women have it- but the ones who do- so rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

A great cailín.

Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Been going over old cranberries stuff lately (since her death) have been paying particular attention to some of the acoustic stuff they recorded.

Linger - the acoustic version is really fine example of just how beautiful her voice was. Her Limerick accent really plain to hear (and it makes the song all the more beautiful for it) hard to believe she was only a teen when she wrote it.

Crea wrote: »

Dead right.

Dolores should not be compared to the royal family. She deserves better than that.

Ended up on the news, my sister messaged me. Just filing into the church. She was so peaceful looking, poor fragile Dolores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Crea wrote: »

That's what I thought, hopefully her funeral won't be anything like Diana's mourn fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They played Zombie in between plays at the New England NFL game.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cbb1982

No mention of her kids were they at the service today?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

_Dara_ wrote: »
    As someone with terminal cancer in her 30s, I can confirm that people are preoccupied with this whether they realise it or not. I get all kinds of roundabout probing questions about my condition and it’s clear that people are trying to reassure themselves by finding out if I brought it on myself. Unfortunately for them, I can’t offer them comfort. (Plus it’s really insensitive of them) There’s no known genetic link (my mother had postmenopausal BC but I have none of the gene mutations) and I lived a moderate lifestyle. So whilst people might want to know what she had so that they can reassure themselves, they likely won’t get the neat answer they are hoping for. So IMO there’s not a huge amount of value in knowing what struck her down.

Sorry to hear about yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Just saw this. The recorded sound is muck but its a cool video. Fair play to the Russians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Trust Sky News to put both feet into their mouth! I'm not going to disrespect Diana, but other than they are both female and had their lives tragically cut short, they really bear no similarity at all.

Dolores was an extremely talented musician and a self-made woman whose star shone bright from an early age. Dianna was a princess. With comparisons like that, it's no wonder that you've a whole generation of little girls who seem to think a princess is something to aspire towards being!
    Dolores O'Riordan and the Cranberries show that you can be from a small Irish city, launch a band and reach the world.

I note they've also included it in "UK News" on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

All the radio stations will be playing 'When you're gone' at Midday. Nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cbb1982

What a fitting song hard to believe she is gone. RIP Dolores x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Poor aul Dolores Cranberry, what a lovely woman. Very sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When the funeral mass was over and the coffin still in the church, when your gone was played.
    Beautiful and sad.

Advertisement