Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Im a little bored of my s8 and the s9 looks nothing better.

I might move over to Google pixel 2. Sure it's got a bigger bezel but it doesn't matter as my s8 is in a case making it fat anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say the S9 doesn't offer anything amazing above previous devices. If there was some kind of stand out feature that was blowing people away then we would probably be hearing about it rather than chargers, screen protectors and cases. :pac:

To be fair there is only so many gimmicks you can put on these phones. I have had every Galaxy up to the s7 and recently switched a mid range phone and I'm just as happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Ali express have a phone called doogee and similar makes with 64 gb 6 ram .. great camera..all for 230 euro ..i wonder why people don't buy more ot these..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

butrasgali wrote: »
    Ali express have a phone called doogee and similar makes with 64 gb 6 ram .. great camera..all for 230 euro ..i wonder why people don't buy more ot these..

tbh, I played with the idea of the huawei mate 10 pro for a while, but the one thing that really turns me off is an issue my missues has with her P10's camera where the picture goes fuzzy and yo have to drop the phone from standing on its face with the camera on and it will refocus for a short while ... I googled it when the issue first occured and it seems to be a know issue ... the mate 10 pro uses a Leica camera system jsut like the p10 ... so thats why I'm out ... I've had a few samsungs and a few sonys and have been happy with every one of them ...

Just not sure I wanna go down the road of an unknown ....

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    tbh, I played with the idea of the huawei mate 10 pro for a while, but the one thing that really turns me off is an issue my missues has with her P10's camera where the picture goes fuzzy and yo have to drop the phone from standing on its face with the camera on and it will refocus for a short while ... I googled it when the issue first occured and it seems to be a know issue ... the mate 10 pro uses a Leica camera system jsut like the p10 ... so thats why I'm out ... I've had a few samsungs and a few sonys and have been happy with every one of them ...

saying that ... the ulefone power 3 6gb 64gb looks good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I am due Vodafone upgrade now and holding off on the S9 to see what the P20 Pro and the HTC12 will offer and possible the Mate 10.

The S9 seems to be well ahead in the bench mark tests so I'm not sure how the others will fair out, buts its only a few more weeks to wait:eek:

ForestFire wrote: »
    I am due Vodafone upgrade now and holding off on the S9 to see what the P20 Pro and the HTC12 will offer and possible the Mate 10.

The S9 seems to be well ahead in the bench mark tests so I'm not sure how the others will fair out, buts its only a few more weeks to wait:eek:

Yeah my contract is up mid april with the P20 launch emd of march so it will be interesting to see the specs / reviews ...

I'm just afraid of those leica camera systems now ...saying that the variable apature on the s9+ could stop working too :)

Wireless charging on a p20 pro and we're in a whole new level of undecisive ness tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I have a upgrade on my account but I'm holding off as it's an Eir bundle everything in my account gets another two year contract. So will be holding off and buying SIM free from now on.

So be aware of this if you are with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Apparently, with my business plan, the S9 + is €629.99!

The S8 is €349.99. I currently have the S7 edge. I'm considering the S8 as I cannot justify that amount on the S9 when my S7 edge is working fine. Any views on the S8 as an upgrade from the S7 edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

everlast75 wrote: »
    Apparently, with my business plan, the S9 + is €629.99!

The S8 is €349.99. I currently have the S7 edge. I'm considering the S8 as I cannot justify that amount on the S9 when my S7 edge is working fine. Any views on the S8 as an upgrade from the S7 edge?

I went from the S7 edge to the S8. A worthwhile upgrade IMO, better battery life, faster, better camera, nicer design (in my opinion).

Sell the S7Edge and you'll be getting the S8 for next to nothing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Im upgrading from an s7 so im expecting a big enough jump tbh

I went from the S7 Edge to the S9 Plus and it's a significant upgrade - I'm very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

SuprSi wrote: »
    I went from the S7 Edge to the S9 Plus and it's a significant upgrade - I'm very happy with it

I did the same upgrade S7 Edge to the S9 Plus and I'm very happy with it.

The camera is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I'm not sure if it's something to do with moving to billpay or if it's the phone itself or what but I am finding the reception for calls on the S9+ is awful, either the calls are dropping or the calls go quiet and I can't hear anything :(

Have raised a ticket with Vodafone, have the sim in my old phone & seems to be ok. I think I will have to send this phone in for replacement or repair. Mad I haven't had this phone that long either :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Can someone suggest the best music player for this please? The s9 music player from the play store just keeps crashing on mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Update on the ZAGG glass protector for the S9+. The glass protector doesn't wrap all the way down the curved edges. There is about a 1mm gap on both sides where the edge starts and the protector starts. I hope that makes sense? It would appear this is to allow a case to fit correctly. If the glass wrapped all the way around, I would presume it would be very difficult to get some cases on.

Sensitivity appears to be ok and the glass protector is sensitive from edge to edge, including the black rim area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Where is the cheapest place to pick one of these up either s9 or s9+ sim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Where is the cheapest place to pick one of these up either s9 or s9+ sim free?

Amazon has s9 for £714 i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Amazon has s9 for £714 i think..

Cheers for that but I decided to go the old fashioned way after I posted and check prices myself and seen the prices on amazon. They are expensive phones. I'm still on the fence as my current phone is perfect so decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cheers for that but I decided to go the old fashioned way after I posted and check prices myself and seen the prices on amazon. They are expensive phones. I'm still on the fence as my current phone is perfect so decisions...

Its only out a week,I would be waiting another 4 or 5 weeks to see does it start to drop in price.S7 and 8 dropped considerably within 6 weeks of release iirc.

This was posted in Bargain Alerts on 31/05/17 about 4 weeks after release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

How much would an 18 month old s7 be worth..3 are offering me a new s9 for 389euro on a 40 euro a month contract today..is this
    a deal or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

Can someone suggest the best music player for this please? The s9 music player from the play store just keeps crashing on mine
    poweramp or n7player are considered to be the best players around
    i have both but prefer to use poweramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I really don't get why people recommend poweramp. Old design and the app hasn't been updated in 2 years!

I quite like Shuttle at the moment. Doubletwist is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Are the S9+'s boardsies are getting from Irish networks the 64GB storage or 128GB model? Can't seem to find the 128GB in any phone shops. Noticed Argos have it and recently dropped price of 128GB to 1099€.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Flaccus wrote: »
    Are the S9+'s boardsies are getting from Irish networks the 64GB storage or 128GB model? Can't seem to find the 128GB in any phone shops. Noticed Argos have it and recently dropped price of 128GB to 1099€.

I got the 64gb version from Vodafone. I'm fine with 64gb as I never used the 32gb before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I got a 64gb off 3. Picked up a 200gb memory card off amazon.de for 60 odd euros and that'll do nicely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

No the Irish stores have the 64gb option. You could order direct from Samsung UK to parcel motel for the s9+ In blue and 64gb... they also offer the dual SIM version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Eir selling 64gb only.

The ZAGG glass screen protector has definitely had an impact on touch sensitivity. Having to tap two and three times is becoming a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I went with a plastic screen from Spigen and it's interesting. I use Swiftkey and it definitely impares my swiping, but it doesn't impact the touch sensitivity and seems to be fairly resistant. It also hasn't peeled off yet, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I bought a Tech 21 case and its turned my S9+ into a bar of butter.

Its stupidly slippy now.

I need a case that is a bit more tactile, something with a bit of grip on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

How is everyone finding the battery life on the S9? I upgraded from an S8. It doesn't appear great tbh

Advertisement