Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

My VF pre-order was just cancelled due to “criteria limitations” whatever that means

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

SachaJ wrote: »
    My VF pre-order was just cancelled due to “criteria limitations” whatever that means

Hmm, can you let me know if you find out why? I am trying to pull it all together for Thursday lunchtime, but if it turns out that I'll get this too I won't bother,

errlloyd wrote: »
    Hmm, can you let me know if you find out why? I am trying to pull it all together for Thursday lunchtime, but if it turns out that I'll get this too I won't bother,

I rang and basically said they didn’t know why it was cancelled. Confirmed they could see it cancelled on the system but not why.

I was told to do the order again and it might go through this time!

The computer says no.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Is phone worth an update from S7?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What's the opinion of the new lilac colour?

Looks interesting in YouTube videos.

But had anyone seen it for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

chases0102 wrote: »
    Is phone worth an update from S7?

That's what I'm upgrading from, it's a 2 year old phone so should be a decent upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Three won't have them until the 16th of March but I'm thinking of upgrading from the S8+..

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Truckermal wrote: »
    Three won't have them until the 16th of March but I'm thinking of upgrading from the S8+..

Well if your looking to sell your s8+ on PM me :D

Just pre-ordered from VF. It was a bit of a rigmarole exiting my contract early, but to be fair I was hardly ever on hold and customer care were sound.

I'm stupidly excited about picking it up tomorrow! :D Got the case delivered yesterday and the phone is quite a bit bigger than the S7, which will be interesting.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'm stupidly excited about picking it up tomorrow! :D Got the case delivered yesterday and the phone is quite a bit bigger than the S7, which will be interesting.

Got an email around 1:15 saying mine had dispatched. Picking it up from Grafton Street, you vodafone too?

Moving to Vodafone but got the phone in Carphone Warehouse (UK).

Did I make a massive error? Guy in Vodafone shop just told me the pre orders were the 16th and the regular release was 23rd. He's wrong right?

Did I make a massive error? Guy in Vodafone shop just told me the pre orders were the 16th and the regular release was 23rd. He's wrong right?

Pre-orders are definitely delivered today, not sure what he's talking about. General sale is in a week.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Pre-orders are definitely delivered today, not sure what he's talking about. General sale is in a week.

Yep, got mine this morning. Beast of a phone

I put a pre-order through on Wednesday but have not had any dispatch notification

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

That was the case for the (pre)pre-orders up to yesterday, and to be delivered today.

They are still taking (Normal)pre-orders now, but they will not arrive until the 16th with the general sales?

Maybe they expect to have a high number of further pre-orders, so will not have availability of general sales, so anyone who has not ordered before the 16th will have to wait.

So it depends on which pre-orders you/VF are talking about:confused:

ForestFire wrote: »
    So it depends on which pre-orders you/VF are talking about:confused:

Gladly the guy was just wrong, got mine about an hour and a half ago. Pretty challenging actually capturing super slow mo, but very cool when you do.

Gladly the guy was just wrong, got mine about an hour and a half ago. Pretty challenging actually capturing super slow mo, but very cool when you do.

Good to hear, I did not pull the trigger yet and at this stage happy to waith to see the P20 Pro and HTC U12 options at the end of the month (Hopefully).

I'm sure I can handle the two week wait:eek:.

I will likely go with the S9 from what is known of the other release to date, but will wait, just in case there is a surprise feature during their releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

got my S9+ this morning but havent had a chance to play with it yet . nice case that comes with it though

• Advertisement

very wrong i got mine on vodafone this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Looking forward to in-depth hands on reviews on real time battery life and any major differences against the S8!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I was in with 3 today and the guy was sure they would be selling it on Monday.

I'm looking for the S9+ in black but need to sell my S7 Edge first.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Are 3 taking trade ins..i have a s7 to get rid of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

j14 wrote: »
    I was in with 3 today and the guy was sure they would be selling it on Monday.

I'm looking for the S9+ in black but need to sell my S7 Edge first.

The black seems to be a right fingerprint magnet from the video reviews I've seen.
    Not so much a problem if you'll be rocking a case. Otherwise you might need to carry a cloth especially if you have "greasy" fingers ;-)

Does anyone who has the black care to comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

biebiebie wrote: »
    The black seems to be a right fingerprint magnet from the video reviews I've seen.
    Not so much a problem if you'll be rocking a case. Otherwise you might need to carry a cloth especially if you have "greasy" fingers ;-)

Have the black S8 and can confirm the same, however I put a spigen case on it and that solves the problem. Its ultra thin and you wouldn't even notice it on the phone.

They've also kept my phones in the past in 100% grade A condition, here is the one for the S9 if you are interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Spigen%C2%AE-Crystal-Flexible-Protection-Matte-Black/dp/B0789VKH5Y/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1520637722&sr=8-12&keywords=s9+spigen+case

biebiebie wrote: »

yup total fingerprint magnet . worse on the back of the phone that the front but to be fair this isnt just a samsung thing . ive had phones from all the major brands and they were all the same.

i have it in the cover so you dont notice it

Mine arrived yesterday and I’m still trying to figure it out after coming from an iPhone 6. The weight of the 9+ is surprising. Quite heavy.

Any recommend a charger? Need to get something for work. Or just use the micro-USB to USB-C adapter? Also need to get a screen protector, tempered glass or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Have the black S8 and can confirm the same, however I put a spigen case on it and that solves the problem. Its ultra thin and you wouldn't even notice it on the phone.

They've also kept my phones in the past in 100% grade A condition, here is the one for the S9 if you are interested:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Spigen%C2%AE-Crystal-Flexible-Protection-Matte-Black/dp/B0789VKH5Y/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1520637722&sr=8-12&keywords=s9+spigen+case

Yes very good covers, have one for my s7, but unfortunaty bought after the back glass broke in corner.

No further damage since though. The case itself is starting to crack now but after 2 years use.

Advertisement