Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Always nice to help the less fortunate. tony Khan not exactly being subtle in his digs.

Kenny using the Bullet Club name again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Last episode was fairly fun except for the main event, I have no interest in Callihan/Edwards.

I lol'd at Ethan Page at the end of his split personality promo "see you there, you ugly bastard" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony yes Tony I don't know whats so Good about them and Tony I don't think they are real Brothers either :)

AEW tomorrow on a real Network.

Paid for by Tony Khan.

Yeah, Tony Khan seems to be having fun with those ads.

Interested to see how The Karate Man vs Ethan Page plays out.

• Advertisement

Matt Striker and D'Lo Brown will be their new announce team going forward starting with the PPV this weekend.

Josh Matthews was terrible tbf. I didn't like Striker as a colour commentator in WWE but not sure what he's like as the play by play guy.

Hard to Kill is live on Premier Sports 2 on Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

First time in quite a while I'm excited about an Impact show, tonight should be good. Definitely agree with the above about the new comms team, Matthews and Rayne could be hard to listen to at times.

The main event is obviously the attraction, I wonder will we see any other AEW heads appear during the show? Will be a cracker of a match either way, shame about Shelley but Moose isn't a bad replacement. The X-Division and Barbed Wire Massacre should be good too, you'll find me changing the channel when Ethan Page appears though, can't stand him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm actually even more interested now that Moose is there, considering that him and Swann are in the middle of their own feud at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 53,862 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This is on Premier Sports 2 tonight at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Headshot wrote: »

Will probably get it through Fite.

• Advertisement

Will probably get it through Fite.

Don't you have to pay for it on Fite?

I have Premier Sports free with Eir :)

Shelly doesn't have an injury or COVID.
    "I assure everyone out there, I don't have COVID. I am not orthopedically injured, but in the interest in safety, my situation is a very complex one. I put that first, as does Impact management, and they are doing the most in terms of precautions to make sure nobody is at risk at Hard to Kill or going forward. However, as a transient figure in pro wrestling, I promise you that no matter what I'll be back in Impact. You can count on that."

Blood?

Don't you have to pay for it on Fite?

I have Premier Sports free with Eir :)

I don't think I have premier sports. Happy to support Impact anyway.

I don't think I have premier sports. Happy to support Impact anyway.

It's Free Sports on the Eir app

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

Shelly doesn't have an injury or COVID.

Blood?

Concussion maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just spotted that on the Sky guide. Haven't been watching but I'll throw an eye. Probably flick between this and the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am watching the show live and I really want to like Impact. But it's shi*e to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's a long way off AEW now for a promotion that was once the clear number two in the country. Passed a couple of hours but it didn't make me want to watch Impact on any kind of regular basis.
    It's kind of summed up by Zack Ryder/Matt Cardona showing up as a big surprise and nobody caring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah it's hard to like despite having some good talent. Serious performance by Moose who I don't think I've seen wrestle before.

Madison Rayne is 5ft3 and Gail Kim is 5ft4 and they both towered over Hogan & Steelz when they handed them the titles.

• Advertisement

Madison Rayne is 5ft3 and Gail Kim is 5ft4 and they both towered over Hogan & Steelz when they handed them the titles.

Haha I noticed that. Fire and Flava were the right pick but Havok looked like a beast in defeat.

Not sure how I feel about Taya tapping to Purrazzo and it's hard to see who they will position to take the title off her.

Moose has dropped weight and looked impressive in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I liked the main event and Moose was really good, thought Barbed Wire massacre was good too. But yeh it's hard to care about Impact, MLW is a big step ahead as number 3 in the US for me.

I thought there was a lot more hints that there may be a working arrangement in place with NJPW.

Am watching the show live and I really want to like Impact. But it's shi*e to be honest.

Ya I would agree, I kinda fast forward through alot of matches

I wouldnt be watching if Omega wasnt headlining tbh

Btw I fecking hate Josh Mathews...

It's quite amazing if you think about AEW is such a new promotion and already miles ahead of Impact

Imagine in some alternate universe, they never brought in Hogan and Bischoff and the likes of AJ, Joe, Daniels and MCMG continued to help build the company.

I assumed Sabin would take the pin to be sure the Impact champion and Moose stayed protected.

The constant talk of being monumental and a big moment in wrestling history that another brand's champion is competing on Impact was annoying. Especially since Impact/TNA previously featured ones coming to the ring with titles from multiple promotions and even included footage of them winning those titles.

Hopefully Cardona is done with AEW if he's showing up in Impact. Impact is more his level imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I tried it. But God Striker is awful, cringe to the point where I did really consider turning off the audio. The product does nothing for me outside of Ace Austin and Chris Bey look good. Main event was very good though, the stretch was a lot of fun and Moose was impressive.

Apologies it wasnt Josh Mathews who I hated commentating with D'lo but in fact Striker

God, Matt Striker was ****ing atrocious

He makes AEW Ogogo look world class

Is Josh leaving with his Mrs since they have been replaced on commentary or is he moving upstairs?

• Advertisement

Is Josh leaving with his Mrs since they have been replaced on commentary or is he moving upstairs?

https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2021/1/13/22228789/impact-wrestling-new-announce-team
    He received a promotion to Senior Producer and a new multi-year contract.

Advertisement