Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

AEW making Impact relevant again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gotta love Don staring Matthews out of it for his stooge like temerity questioning Kenny. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That was a brilliant heel promo/segment from Omega.

Love the bits at the end talking about Josh, "back to Stanford kid", "Ah I like him he's not a bad guy", "he's a stooge"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kenny using the Ambrose name.

Now to see how many stick around. They had Josh summarising pretty much everything to give backstory to matches for anyone tuning in.

Meant to say last week, I didn't realise Crazzy Steve is legally blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Really enjoyed that Kenny segment there.

The Tough Enough / Ambrose bit had me rolling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Brandon Thurston says Impact live on Twitch peaked at 52,000 viewers (Omega segment) more than 3 times the previous record.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That was a pretty good episode, strong opening and closing matches (Moose is a tough POS) and a few fun bits in the middle

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1336491313966051334

The Tony Khan ad was great too, the way he speaks is very different to what you usually hear in wrestling. Kenny blanking Josh's handshake was a nice little touch, I really hate him on commentary but Matthews works really well in backstage interviews with heels

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Impact tripled its Twitch viewership record from 17k to 52k last night.

221k watched it on AXS it was the 96th most watched show of the night and 60% increase in the key demo.

Across all the platforms it is on Impact drew 750k.

AXS, Twitch, Facebook Live, Youtube.

The crossover worked for one episode at least.

I would be curious what non regular Impact watchers thought of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Look like The North are breaking up Eathan Page won't be renewing his contract.

Well that sucks, between this and the tree house just goes to show Impact is a convenience and not much more.

Final Resolution tonight however Kenny is in Mexico, I wonder will Callis get involved in someway to progress the crossover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Final Resolution tonight however Kenny is in Mexico, I wonder will Callis get involved in someway to progress the crossover.

There's a whole roster of AEW guys and gals that could get involved :D

Kenny due to appear again tonight.

Kenny due to appear again tonight.

Well I hope he finally actually 'appears' tonight, these bus segments are dragging a bit already, first week was great, 2nd average and a 3rd will be boring

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Apologies, I didn't realize Impact was still going until now. How did they get the AEW champ to appear?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Apologies, I didn't realize Impact was still going until now. How did they get the AEW champ to appear?

AEW and Impact acknowledge the existence of other wrestling promotions and are willing to do business with them because it is mutaully beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Well I hope he finally actually 'appears' tonight, these bus segments are dragging a bit already, first week was great, 2nd average and a 3rd will be boring

Impact was taped months in advance, with speculation that it was done prior to this arrangement being finalised. So expect another bus segment I guess.

• Advertisement

Dude why :)

The Bullet Club back together so if they are using the name there must be a working relationship with NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Liked that, definitely didn't do anything to dispel the BC rumours! And some of the lads will be happy to hear he got off the bus!

BC vs MCMG/Swann will be class, I'll watch Hard to Kill now with that on the card.

Yeah good to see him getting off the bus and interacting a bit

We just need to see the Impact guys fighting back a bit now and it's going to be great

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

That was awesome. I know people want this to move forward fast but I’m very happy with the slow pace.

Love this Kenny so much.

Was expecting another cop out recording on a bus. **** me that was amazing. Hopefully they manage it right with Swann looking strong even though I know that's not the point here.

It is a bit ludicrous however having the EVP sh1t on the mess of the heavyweight title picture currently on Impact. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ciaran2054 wrote: »
    That was awesome. I know people want this to move forward fast but I’m very happy with the slow pace.

Love this Kenny so much.

Same, I think booking the tag match first is a great move, no need to go straight into the one on one match with Swann, keeps your options open.

Refreshing to see a big programme in US wrestling being given time to breathe and not be rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bullet Club are almost as played out as DX these days. Bastardised versions over multiple years across multiple companies with countless members. Let it die.

What's worse is they're attaching a new intriguing world champion in Omega with the drizzling shìts that are Gallows and Anderson.

Well it's working anyway. Can't remember the last time this thread was so active.

Not sure about how much was prerecorded now, unless they filmed the confrontation between Swann and Anderson on the ramp recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Odds on the Bucks siding with Kenny and screwing over Gallows and Anderson to take a spot in the match? They've talked about MCMG an awful lot.

• Advertisement

Kenny with the They seem Easy to Kill after the best down :)

Advertisement