Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Listening as in.......there self aware ?

:pac:

Yeah, like they can hear us :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Yeah, like they can hear us :pac:

Ta'd I can't find my tin foil hat :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Those pleasant people who like to engage in the hocking up of the contents of their tobacco entombed lungs and expunging it's contents in public places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

People starting phone conversations with "It's Me"

If I have enough context to know who "Me" is with those 2 words then I would have known it without them. You just wasted 5 seconds of my life with redundant information!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your Face wrote: »
    Those pleasant people who like to engage in the hocking up of the contents of their tobacco entombed lungs and expunging it's contents in public places.

A lad on my course is like that, everytime I turn I'm expecting to see his lungs on the table 🤮🤢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

Memo to self: next time you feign interest, make sure you have some young one next to you to deflect on to - e.g. That sounds fascinating - Seán here has a huge interest in that! and then follow it with something like 'I'd really love to hear more on this but unfortunately I have to go but Seán would love to talk to you about that'.

We used to have a great aunt who would spend ages going on and on about herself, with endless stories about her medical dramas, various situations in which she triumphed over petty officialdom and strangers people doing all kinds of things for her just because she was so awesome. One day at my parents' house she was regaling slowly killing my dad and I with some saga or other when I decided to bail and leave them to it. Only I felt bad about dropping my dad in it, as he had suffered a stroke (long before, that is, not during the story :)), so I decided I would stick it out for a while longer. Less than a minute later my dad stood up, declared he had something to take care of and left the room. I looked at me as he was saying it and I swear there was a twinkle in his eye as he looked at my horror-stricken face...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Will someone please dig up old post of mine from last year or the previous year about not getting full-scale Headcold/Sore-Throat/Chest-Infection thing but still suffering through it and the Doctor not believing me and I feeling like death. 'Cos that's me again right about now. My muscles are sore all-over from feeling Flu-like and everything is sore from this gagging/retching/choking/not-coughing thing. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The self service checkouts in Dealz with the Elvis voice.

Oh come on. How can you not love a disembodied Elvis voice at check out? What is wrong with ya?

TA that my local Dealz has 4 self service checkouts and only 2 of them take cash. Why can't they get them fixed so you can pay as you want on all of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Call from iPsosMRBI re phone services - I ask who is this poll for- I will tell you that at the end. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My telly can record but only the channel I'm watching, which is not really much use when there's a clash.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Exhaustion, gunky lungs, headaches :(

Coloured wine glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

People wearing baseball caps indoors. It's the most ignorant thing ever and I absolutely despise it.
    Always finding the most obnoxious NY Yankees hat or some stupid pink one.
    Christ.

I feel so rubbish the last few days I've made the decision to part with money that I can't afford to, to go to the GP.

TA'd I have to get up at the crack of dawn as it's 1st come 1st served. I'm as weak as water. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

northgirl wrote: »
    I think they're kind of amusing. They're feicin better than some of the haughty ones in Tesco/Dunnes. I always answer them back, cause you know, they are listening... :D

The 70c shopping bags in Dunnes. Every time I scan one I get the "Please wait for assistance" It's been like this for years, so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Me: Just checking that we'll do the thing this way
    Boss: This was agreed last week. Nothing has changed.
    Me: OK, just checking.
    **two days later
    Boss: Actually we'll do it the other way

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Me: Just checking that we'll do the thing this way
    Boss: This was agreed last week. Nothing has changed.
    Me: OK, just checking.
    **two days later
    Boss: Why didnt you do it the other way
    Me: I doubled checked with you and you told me this way.
    Boss: No I didn't.

:rolleyes:

Thought I'd give your post an edit to reflect my boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Waking at 4 still awake near 6

Try_harder wrote: »
    Waking at 4 still awake near 6

Me - 4 to 530ish very annoying, can't even blame bright mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Now that I finally can go back to work, I no longer want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ranting on behalf of my sister here. She was told in a review meeting last week by her new boss that she didn't portray a sense of urgency in her work and that she wasn't proactive enough so they were gonna extend her probation period. WTAF does that even mean? She doesn't run around the office like a headless chicken or panic at the least bit of pressure? Since when is a calm and professional manner in an office a bad thing?

This is the kicker though, when she asked for an example of what she could do to portray a "sense of urgency" he said, and I quote:
    "PUT OUT THE BISCUITS IN THE MORNING".
    Is he for real? Like actually? He clearly doesn't realise how sexist that sounds. What a moron. I would've lost the rag with him. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Cooking in someone else's kitchen with their pots/utensils and what they have in the cupboard/fridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Someone broke into my house this morning and all they did was cook their breakfast & leave me a shedload of washing to do !!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Someone broke into my house this morning and all they did was cook their breakfast & leave me a shedload of washing to do !!

Did you not get the breakfast I left for you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

More headwrecking nonsense:

Me: The client wants this feature included in the project
    Boss: There is probably a better option. We need to be careful.
    Me: But the client specifically wants this.
    Boss: Don't do anything yet. I'll raise this with him at our meeting next week and there will probably be a better solution.

**After the meeting

Me: Did you discuss that feature with the client in the meeting.
    Boss: No I didn't but we need to follow the client's requirements so it is best to include the feature

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Second cold sore in nearly as many weeks. I shall have to get myself a little bell. some fecker nicked my cup in work this morning as well.

TV licence renewal arrived today, if there's one thing I really resent paying......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Second cold sore in nearly as many weeks. I shall have to get myself a little bell. some fecker nicked my cup in work this morning as well.

You'll soon find out who the thief is, it's the next person who gets a cold sore. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    You'll soon find out who the thief is, it's the next person who gets a cold sore. :cool:

i wont have that pleasure as i am off for the next 10 days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Absolutely spitting mad at a Civil Servant that just treated my daughter like a piece of shoite on her shoe . It was an easy mistake to make and my daughter was treated like dirt . Fuming here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement