Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

He did say after that, that he used to do the cooking at home, from when he was a kid. Something along those lines anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

This is the thing though. You'd be surprised at how much a difference large portions make. And how you're actually not starving after making them smaller. One of the easiest and most impactful changes that can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Well I watched my first episode of Operation transformation this week and I thought it was comedy gold. The men are portrayed as basically children while the women are portrayed as "Strong and powerful". Very similar to a lot of ads on tv where the man makes some sort of mess and the wife swoops in and cleans it all up, rolling her eyes at man-child. Its devious conditioning. As for the philosophy of the program...........the problem I have with all of these shows is that theres way too much support in the moment, they'll lose weight right now, but as soon as the cameras are taken away and all the support is removed, they're left to their own devices and they'll put the weight back on. I saw something about the Biggest loser, a follow up program done to see how the winners were getting on a year later. They all had regained the weight and more. You have to be self motivated and self directed, if you're relying on the support of others you're gonna fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

In fairness I think that was an air fryer not the kettle!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Westernview

Only NASA scientists can work the air fryers. I mean there's 2 knobs on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

So true. Isn't Karl a bit camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The_Erection_of_Cass

I thought it was funny in last weeks episode where the lady with arthritis was going on about how she could now do all these things she couldn't do before.

It was literally the first couple of days of week two, 8 or 9 days into the program and she's saying she's able to do this and do that, how she's able to walk roads she hasn't walked in 20 years.

You just can't change that quickly or she'll be climbing Croagh Patrick by the end of week 8. I think she could always do these things, she just told herself she couldn't.

I always feel the nutritionist has very little input in OT because all the participants just have to follow the plan.

Unless someone doesn't like a certain food they might step in but they always feel a bit spare to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

The lady with the grey bob looks like Dory from Finding Nemo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod - Cut out the juvenile comments about physical appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fair play to your man from last year running the marathon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Westernview

More shameless promotion of Ashford Castle. They must be paying RTE for this prime time advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 digzy2

She comes across as one of the most likeable participants. Real down to earth family. Really felt for her when the daughter left for oz in one of the earlier episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Knight

They're clearly adding audience clap track from the late late or something. 😂

Darragh looking much slimmer. Funny you don't notice it week on week really.

Anyone know what song they played at the start tonight? Sounds like Hans Zimmer

Sorry my bad, I mean the bit at the start of the Phoenix Park bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

She really was lovely. Pretty much watched it for her and Darragh the rugby player. Genuinely think the show might have saved his family and relationship. Gave him a good wake up call and a bit of cop on. Those two had the biggest 'transformations' I think both mentally and physically.

It looked like the experts were getting a bit frustrated with Noel. Wasn't taking it too seriously at the start, then was told to walk the 5k and ran it in the end etc.

• Advertisement

Yes from a strictly professional angle, him running it wasn't a good look.

He essentially decided he wasn't going to take the advice of the experts. As a so called leader, what message does that send to people who are given advice to do/not do things...should they also decide to not take their advice?

I think Karl was being overly cautious anyways by saying he shouldn't run it. It was one 5k on a big day for them, should have just let him off and get through it.

Advertisement