Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

For people on the show or people watching?

I wouldn't agree it needs to go on longer. 6 weeks of hand holding is enough to teach them what they need to do. You do need will power to make changes. Can't have motivation of tv cameras etc. all your life.

If the show makes 10 people turn their life around and lose weight then it's a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Agreed. The show is to change their routines/lifestyle for the better. It's up for the person to continue that.

Similar with people that get involved in the walking clubs etc. Anyway, if hypothetically 1000 people got involved in walking groups during the show, if even 100 kept it up that should be seen as a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Operation Transformation is back in 2023 and there's a new dietician! Aoife is cut from the OT diet.

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2022/1216/1342241-operation-transformation-set-to-return-in-2023/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭j2

Hopefully there will be some trans/non-binary contestants this year.

Would be interesting to see how much weight they'd lose when they chopped their balls off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

Should have got Vera Pauw to kick them into shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

She looks about 12, I doubt she has much life experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm going to miss Aoife, I liked her. Followed her videos on Instagram last year. Best of luck to all the leaders and the experts in the new show. I'll be tuning in. Really looking forward to seeing how last years participants are getting on now.

The nutritionist role is fairly redundant on the weekly shows.

The diets are set and there's no tweaking to each individuals likes or dislikes.

After the first 3 or 4 weeks max, there's nothing else really that the nutritionist can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rescue Remedy

The new dietician definitely doesn't have trouble with body fat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What a depressing loada exaggerated guff

Katie from 2022 has lost no weight since the end of last year's show. Not a great advertisement for the show.

Realistically if she was continuing to exercise and eat healthily a lot of that soft flesh would be gone. She's a young girl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes. Was thinking same. She looks no different at all. Yet the experience was transformational…🤔

I like Lorraine, she seems very genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Ch@!$t this **** show should have been cancelled long ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Dietician not exactly the picture of health eh..

Yes like she's 25 and diet and exercise are the 2 key components. As you say, no transformation, she's carrying a lot of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Ireland lights up brings back great memories for me of 20+ years ago when you could have another BnH ready for extraction no matter where you were.

By the end of the 8 weeks Marie Claire will be 6ft and a stone lighter. The transformation team will be using the Willy Wonka stretching machine this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sure why would she need to be a stone lighter, she's the perfect weight to be 5ft 8

This new wan giving the advice in the pink coat looks like a banshee.

With all the crying tonight most them will have already lost half a stone in water fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Burger (in a bun) and chips one of this weeks’ recipes - seriously 😳

Niamh Buffini, ginger....jaysus...she looked unreal at the weigh in.

Not liking the direction the show is going on. More like xfactor with the sob stories. It should be a show about losing weight.

Also only one fella this year and he's not even fat!

That's some mansion of a house the principal lives in. And her ma sold her house so a big wad in the back pocket. Thought they were going to talk about marriage problems when they showed the image of herself and the husband sitting at either end of the couch drinking wine. Usually the couples are shown snuggling on the couch. "life happens us too"....talk about seeing yourself above others...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

There's not a great variety in this year's contestants. Only one male. The women are all quite close in age and most have similar backgrounds (busy mother makes no time for herself).

They've never had a participant from what I remember where they were house sharing. They all live in their own houses.

House sharing is a massive struggle for diets. Your sharing a fridge/freezer with 3 or 4 others and you have no room for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Give me the biggest loser or my 600lb life amy day. Way more entertaining. Thats what we want these days. Not broadcasting community walks and half arsed attempts at people who arent all the over weight changing their habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Why is there 4 women and only one man on the show this year ?....and the one man isnt even very overweight ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

seems that some who are posting here did not actually watch the prog and or are not understanding its objective..

its called Operation Transformation - not just about wt - but overall health - metabolic age as a guide..

the 1 guy has CVD.. and has high fat content and dangerously distributed..

Marie will be interesting.. fair play to her - not seen any other small person on the show but i have not watched it every year..

I do think that there is too much emphasis on the sob stories though

not sure Sophie is right for the show

Advertisement