Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

argolis wrote: »
    I don't have that heat pump either on my eNiro :-/

My understanding is that there *is* a battery heater elsewhere ...

I seem to be getting about 20 - 25% less efficiency in the winter than in the summer. Have gone from 17.1 kWh/100km to around 20.7 kWh/100km fwiw. At least it's not the horrendous 40% loss that I've seen touted on some websites for EVs in winter.

For battery heater details see:
    https://electricrevs.com/2018/12/20/exclusive-details-on-hyundais-new-battery-thermal-management-design/

This is kona and USA based but same design choices apply.

The GOM change in range is just a guess, actual drop in range depends if you are sitting stopped in traffic making no progress with heater on, vs going slow with low wind chill but moving.

What also reduce GOM range in winter is colder battery temperature. A cold battery starting off has less power stored or available, so even with full charged cold battery you can travel less. Heat pumps are less efficient at zero degrees outside so they will not work well on days like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

just following a thought on heat pump on current gen E-Niro. if they have paddy specced Irish market what would be expectations in regards heat pump for SE version of E-Niro? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭championc

Since we know the Irish car has the expensive battery warmer, what could the reported €2k increase be for ? One part of me now feels that there will be little or no increase, which would give some substance to possibly why they won't utter a word about the SE until all FE's have been dispatched out of garages.

However, the hope is that the SE will come with the bits the UK models are getting which the FE Irish model lacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Can anyone recommend the best Android apps for the e-Niro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭CPTM

I cancelled my order today. I suppose the demand in the irish market made it completely fine. I get to keep the supervalu voucher which is fine by me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

CPTM wrote: »
    I cancelled my order today.

What turned you away from the Niro?
    Something about the new government making you jittery about EV's?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I'm considering the Niro. I *really* want to get an electric car on PCP, debating the Leaf, Kona or the Niro. Is everyone unhappy with the Niro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I'm considering the Niro. I *really* want to get an electric car on PCP, debating the Leaf, Kona or the Niro. Is everyone unhappy with the Niro?

Everyone? I'm very happy with my E-Niro.

Is everyone unhappy

I think you"ll struggle to find one unhappy camper. I think only the cost is the only potential negative

Ok fair enough :) I only skimmed the page and thought I was missing something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ok fair enough :) I only skimmed the page and thought I was missing something

Our biggest problem is that they can't be got, there's a new version coming but we have very little information on it.

KCross wrote: »
    What turned you away from the Niro?
    Something about the new government making you jittery about EV's?! :D

Only personal circumstances really. Work are going to allow me to work a lot more often at home (so less driving). I would love an E-Niro but realistically I know I'd be crazy to buy one when the only driving I'll be doing is 7k Km a year. It's a lot of money for that.

Lovely car, in different circumstances I'd be a kid at Christmas going in to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Love mine, best car I've ever had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

icom wrote: »
    Love mine, best car I've ever had :)

There would be waiting time for the eNiro most likely. Have you considered e-Soul?

peposhi wrote: »
    There would be waiting time for the eNiro most likely. Have you considered e-Soul?

It's a lovely car - But my left foot has a bigger boot than the e-Soul.

It's a lovely car - But my left foot has a bigger boot than the e-Soul.

:D
    Not creating an argument here but the difference is only 0.1 cubic meter and it's €2k less to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

It's also heinous looking.

:D
    Not creating an argument here but the difference is only 0.1 cubic meter and it's €2k less to buy

Is that really all the difference? My god, I saw them both side by side and the e-Niro's boot looked twice as big.

Is that really all the difference? My god, I saw them both side by side and the e-Niro's boot looked twice as big.

Yep.
    The eSoul boot can be recessed and with with the dropped level there’s quite a bit of space. Yes, it is smaller, but only a tad... I’d take that extra €2k saving over a bit of a boot space anytime (I saved nearly €3k by not going for the L62 which has same size boot as the e-Niro literally a couple of weeks ago)...

Check this out Re car dimensions:

https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

When you drop the shelf lower in the eSoul boot it gets quite a bit deeper.

• Advertisement

I showed a picture of the eSoul to my son. If I bought one, I was guaranteed never to have to bring him anywhere in that "Postman Pat van" :)

I have to say that that was pretty much how I saw it too. I'm buying a car, not a futuristic bl00dy spaceship !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

championc wrote: »
    I showed a picture of the eSoul to my son. If I bought one, I was guaranteed never to have to bring him anywhere in that "Postman Pat van" :)

There's a lot to say for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I have to say that that was pretty much how I saw it too. I'm buying a car, not a futuristic bl00dy spaceship !!!

I know that the Soul is a Marmite thing. I had the choice of the two last May and chose the Niro. I liked the look of the front of the soul, but couldn't come to terms with the back.

I'm a bit funny about looks though. I don't care what other people think about what I drive, but I have to be happy walking towards it. I don't love the Niro, but I don't dislike it either.

I couldn't live with the look of the BMW I3 (because it looks like it was made from the leftover parts bin), the Tesla Model 3 (too much metal under the rear window), the Leaf (...:eek:).

Bottom line is: each to their own. :D

Yeah, I can relate to that. I *loved* test driving someone else's Leaf, it isn't bad, but it flirts with being a hatchback too much my liking. BMW i3, it looks cheap and silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Do you have to order in a dealership or can you do it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

goob20s wrote: »
    Order in a dealership, and then hope for the best. Demand is greatly outstripping supply, so from what I've seen, you place your order, lay down a deposit of €1k (other's mileage may vary), get an approximate shipping date (some 3-6 months into the future), no pre-selection of colour, no negotiation and little response from the dealership. It's quite a leap of faith, when you weigh it up against the pricing.

goob20s wrote: »

The e-Soul - any Kia dealership can get you one. Portlaoise have (had) 3 - black, white and blue, Kilcullen have 2 - black and red. Walk in and pick the one you want.
    As I was told eNiro will not be pushed to sell by Kia in Europe (I’d say cause the PHEV and the hybrid are already there) They are concentrated on selling e-Soul as it’s unique and distinctive model...

I certainly noticed that the link to the e-Niro on all of the dealer websites no longer highlights or is clickable. So deffo something going on with e-Niro. It's possible that they might not even be taking orders for it anymore ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I certainly noticed that the link to the e-Niro on all of the dealer websites no longer highlights or is clickable. So deffo something going on with e-Niro. It's possible that they might not even be taking orders for it anymore ?????

Dealer told me last week they’d have more info on stock levels in April. Possibly they’ve stopped taking orders again like last year until they know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ballylad

Have deposit on one for April delivery, they said today that price is gone up by 2000e but will reduce it to 1000e, it was 39770 before this, anyone get similar request or what new specification is?

Advertisement