Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Change them for decent branded tyres and put the budget tyres on DoneDeal. You’ll get something for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The very similar miles (including untreated) ms jou does in her Niro EV. She got entire set of wheels and put winter Bridgestone Blizzaks on them. Simple swap twice a year and you're sorted. Speaking of summer tyres, factory michelins are long gone, she now has Goodyear Efficient Grip on one axle and Falken Azenis 510 on another axle, very happy with both sets. :-)

Nope, another set of wheels have no TPMS fitted. YET. We already know that it should be item no. 52940-T6100 (car built 10/2021, registered 01/2022), but there are also sets available as accessory items (MUCH cheaper). But some sources said item no. D4F40AK990, other insist on no. LP52940CG100K, so will definately enquire with dealer, unless Boardsie(s) know already.

Speaking of which - anyone knows if Niro EV were ever on 16in wheels? If yes, what's tyre pressure? If no, what's tyre pressure in 16s for PHEV?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Speaking of which - anyone knows if Niro EV were ever on 16in wheels? If yes, what's tyre pressure? If no, what's tyre pressure in 16s for PHEV?

On the PHEV it's 2.5 bar or 36 psi all round.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone know if there’s a recall on any coolant related issues with the eNiro.

One of ours came back this evening with low coolant.

Don’t want to add or top it up before talking to Kia tomorrow.

2021 eNiro 45k km on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There was a coolant related recall, but I think it was just some 2020 cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Or was the recall on Blue coolant, and the newer one is green ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Did you buy off a private individual or a shop on Adverts? if the first, are they selling others? can you provide the username? saw some on adverts but they were old and a bit grotty looking, Im looking for an original ioniq, wondering if its the same as the original niro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andron

You shouldn't be trying to top it up. It is a low conductivity coolant which you wouldn't get in a store. Only the KIA garage has it.

Yep. Hence waiting to speak to them tomorrow. I want to try arm myself with some info before they offer to top it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had my coolant replaced at the last service as per recall. Car is 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭sh81722

I would be more worried about where it went. If there are no visible leaks the only possiblility is inside the battery pack.

Update.

Kia topped it up and said to monitor it. If not drops again they will inspect and look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

In terms of spare wheel firstly check your car to see if room for space saver or complete full size wheel. Count the number of nuts on the wheel to get started.

I bought a once off from a private seller on adverts. I haggled the price and collected. There are some options for niro on ebay but higher price.

In terms of comparability I found vw wheels dont fit kia as centre hole too small even though nuts line up. It's high risk buying online unless you are 100% sure it fits. Ideally go to the seller and test fit it on the real car. On some space saver wheels they can interfere with front brake caliper and so actually not fully fit.

You also need to buy a jack and wheel spanner.

If you do buy online make sure you test fit it at home to ensure it does actually fit and you have everything you need to fit it. After any visit to a dealer or tyre place ensure the wheel nuts are not too tight. When I attempted to remove mine I needed a heavy x spanner and a length of pipe as they were crazy over tight. No point having spare wheel if you can't get nuts off on the side of the road. Most car insurance policies come with break down cover or newer cars may have free break down.

I also bring a digital compressor and a tyre repair kit along with multiple charging cables and extension leads and a jump pack.

The coolant level may drop in cold weather naturally. Also if coolant change was done at dealer recently it may take time to move around to all places and get all air out so level may drop as it settles over weeks. That said there was recalls on some coolants and some kia and Hyundai EVs for coolant crystalization and in the past leaks in the inverter of coolant on ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Regarding coolant change service…we’ve a 221 eniro. Went in for 60k service this mo th expecting to be paying big for the coolant change. Was told by kia service it’s not needed. Anyone else had 60k service recently with no need for coolant change?

Check the paper manual on what is required at what mileage. Often dealers don't follow the actual requirements which is needed to keep warranty. I had to tell the dealer what was required, not the other way around. If you use multiple dealers for service there is no central records system so they don't know what was done at other garages.

Funny enough, coolant was changed at the last service about 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

RE: space saver vs full size wheel - in MY22 Niro EV full size would fit into a a spare wheel well, although it's tight fit. Here's the story:

The rim is 17 inch second hand Santa Fe from Adverts. And if you're unsure if it fits or not (in terms of bore/PCD) check wheelfitment.eu - very handy site.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Yes there is a coolant recall on 2021 eniro, mine was replaced I think last Jan. Something to do with sediment in coolant, and yes blue coolant like yours. Had issue after replacement where level dropped below min line, brought back to kia where they performed pressure test on system and topped up. All good now.

Thanks. I think we’re in the same boat. They replaced it but the levels dropped. I’ll keep an eye on it as it’s a taxi so don’t want it melting mid shift 😂

• Advertisement

I think the level drop was attributed to airlocks gradually getting pushed out after a full fluid replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Minifox

Exactly the same for me. Same recall, same replacement of fluid, same need to go back again when levels dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Yes exactly, so looks like a top up will be needed after coolant replacement due to airlocks. Last thing we need Is an overheated battery/inverter :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

I can concur with the coolant replacement and airlocks, I had similar happen with mine on the service last year (due to the recall mentioned). Dropped it back in to the garage who topped it off again at the time no quibble. Plenty of posts about it online at the time that I found which reassured me, and I've seen several more post here since I reported it earlier in the thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

I saw a 2020 uk import today on sale for 27k. Im seriously considering it. Would love to hear some real life yes or no if possible. Use will be 90% school runs. 20k per annum does my current petrol car.

Family with 2 kids and a mid size dog.

No second car available so if the ev gives me trouble im stuck as we live 15km away from school...

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Firblog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

As long as you have a charger in the house it will be a perfect car for you

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Anybody interested in lowering the boot floor of e Niro to create more boot space ?

see u tube videos , if curious .

in other countries the e Niro doesn’t have the false floor in the boot . you take out all those plastic bits and stick them in attic .

then you get a new boot floor cut from plywood .

Adds nice bit of space in boot , but now there is a 6 inch lip )

anyway , I used to have an E Niro and have all the bits needed .

free to a good home . Cork city based .

I took out the boot bits, and simply used the original floor again.

Yes, it's tight, but why bother faffing around getting and cutting plywood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Badger242

I'm considering buying a used e niro privately. It's a 64kw 2022 base spec UK import with about 27,000km on it. It will be our main car (other car is a 24kw leaf). E niro is on the shortlist for a few reason; range, price, boot size and warrenty. The other option would be a model 3 but currently out of budget (max €25k) and those that are closest are mostly19/20 cars with higher milage than above (less attractive from a warrenty aspect).

I have a few questions I'm hoping people might be able to help with.

1. Is the 7 year Kia warrenty valid in Ireland on a UK import? From what I can tell yes, as long as services done within time/milage periods?

2. My commute (average twice per week) is 165km round trip and mostly motorway. Will this do it in winter with some to spare for running about in the evening when I get home? No heat pump btw.

3. How practical is boot space? Will it work for a family of four with two small kids. I have been spoilt with a large boot in my diesel saloon up to now.

4. Any rough thoughts on what is reasonable price? Its already Irish registered so no import/VAT issues.

5. An issues I should look out for when viewing car?

Thanks!

Advertisement