Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Went out at lunchtime but it’s back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Hey folks, did the app change, or is this just me ? Been like this for months

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

Hi Folks,

Just updated the maps on my recently received Niro EV MY23. Is this the current map appearance?

My memory of the recent map update on my e-Niro MY22 was of a much more modern and pleasing appearance to the map. My recollection was that this was the appearance before the update. Am I imagining things? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

I never really use the Kia maps TBH, so haven't really noticed anything different. I know you can change the look and feel of these so maybe that's what you're recollecting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can change the background colour, that's it AFAIK. The choice is between 3 or 4 equally washed out colours so doesn't really make much difference. At some stage I seem to recall the thickness of the lines indicating traffic (green orange, red) seemed to decrease, making it a little more difficult to see, that's all I can remember.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Doe anyones app push an alert to thier phone saying the car is not locked even thought it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Yeah, happened few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

I have also received these, however, I put it down to the time it was taking between the time the notification left the car and when your phone actually received the notification.

A situation such as, you take time to get out of the car and maybe unload a few bags of groceries and eventually get round to locking the car. Five minutes later or ven more you get the notification that the car is unlocked. I haven't received any 'not locked' notifications out-of-the-blue when there was no other possible reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Anyone getting this error message - when I open app and refresh I get this message and also now unable to send commands to car to change charge limits etc

doesn't matter if I am on WIFI or 4G connection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Working fine for me. Did you try resetting the head unit?

thx, did a search online and reset the head unit so works fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭daheff

has anybody had to get their EV battery replaced under warranty?

I have a 2019 Niro PHEV. Allegedly the range is 58km on a full charge. Lately i've noticed that i'm struggling with 30km. How can i get the battery SoH checked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

It's probably normal. Range depends on driving style, temperature, speed. Drive really slow in warm weather and you may get close to claimed range. Drive normally and you may get half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Get yourself an OBDII dongle and an app called PHEV Watchdog. It'll give you your battery SOH and a lot more besides.

I had a 2019 Ioniq PHEV with over 75k miles on it before trading in and the SOH was showing as 95%. It had done over 45k miles on pure EV at that stage. Range does drop quite a bit in this weather though, but rarely would I get less than about 25 miles (so over 40kms) in winter. Could definitely match and sometimes exceed the official Hyundai EV range in summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andron

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Dublin to do the service / checks on eNiro 202? Low conductivity coolant seems to be below min which I would assume should be fixed for free by manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

What mileage? Was coolant ever changed in a previous service? Are you north side or south side? Coolant top up may not be covered under warranty. It is special coolant not available at local motor factors off the shelf. There is a low coolant warning but I would check level in bottle regularly until you get in. Most garages have a 3 week wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

I assume your "good" = reasonably priced ? Kia Liffey Valley is €199 which I feel is expensive.

35K km - I bought it from Stuart’s Garages and they supposedly have done service before selling. Maybe I should try to reach out back to them and try to ask them fix it for free. I know it is the special coolant. North or south doesn’t really matter for me. Anything within 60km range of Dublin is fine.

There is no warning but it is couple cam below the Min bar.

I had the same issue with Ioniq and it was done for free during the usual service at Mooney’s. They called it coolant recall, did it during service and charged me nothing for that.

Update:I end up going to Stuarts Garages and they topped it up for free. What they told me is after coolant recall bubbles can come up to the bottle therefore it drops below min.

Post edited by andron on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Has anyone had an issue with the Kia app not connecting to the car. It seemed to randomly stop on Monday and even if i logout and login again it doesn’t show the car status.

To answer my own question, resetting the headunit using a ball point pen on the little button beside the volume control sorted it. It seems to update much faster too.

getting similar error again on app - tried resetting the head unit multiple times but no luck - different error code than the last time 997 Vs 515

anyone else seeing this or know of a fix as I have hit a dead end

They clearly had some issues on their servers. Both Ioniq and Niro lost connectivity over the same night and couldn’t recover. I used head unit reset and it didn’t help. I had to “Reconfigure” in head unit settings to make it work after reset.

I have seen people suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app too, which I had already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

I’ve had a scan through this thread to see if my question was answered but can’t seem to find a definitive answer.

We’re considering a second hand E-Niro - the old look - 2021. If we can’t get a tow bar fitted to carry a bike rack then it’s off the table as an option for our family. Has anyone had a tow bar fitted successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

Here's a small bit about tow bars discussed last year. Haven't got one myself yet.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118581862#Comment_118581862

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Hi, I've an eniro and as far as I'm aware you can't install a towbar as this is something I wanted. But you could carry bikes on rood by getting roof bars etc

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Thanks for answering my question. Rules that car out. We need to carry 4 bikes with electric ones included. Putting them up on the roof isn’t something I’d want to have to do. Good to know before considering any further. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Glad to help, tbh I'm not sure there are many EV models currently that can have a hitch installed after market. Hopefully you find one, good luck with the search 👍

Advertisement