Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Anyone had any luck finding a dealer who will service the eniro for a decent price. €200 price that they are saying is coming from Kia is silly for very little

That's very cheeky! I had my dash cam running the whole time the Niro was in for service. Charging €20 for a service would even be a bit much. All they did was check that all the lights worked and topped off the washer fluid. The same as they did on the Ioniq the year before.

At least they used the ozone generator to sanitise the car at the end.

I had no charge as I had winkled a 3 year service plan out of the dealer when I bought the car last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Hi all - have viewed an e-Niro today and excited by it!! Question, what cost are people being quoted and was there anything additional (service pack etc)

Was quoted in around the 41.8k mark for one and just want to know if there’s much haggling (I appreciate the demand aspect) to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Hi all - have viewed an e-Niro today and excited by it!! Question, what cost are people being quoted and was there anything additional (service pack etc)

Was quoted in around the 41.8k mark for one and just want to know if there’s much haggling (I appreciate the demand aspect) to be done!

Because supply is low there's not a huge amount of wiggle room on the list price but I do think your quote is about €400 above the total on the road price (including delivery and metallic paint charges). I'd recommend calling a few dealers to check if you can get better than that quote. If trading in something against it then maximising what you get for that is perhaps your best bet.

You can get them to include mats, mudflaps and the rubber boot liner. Not sure on availability of service pack.

Also, you'll have the 2% reduction in vat rate in a few weeks so that'll knock off another €800 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Should be able to buy for 40500 straight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭eagerv

As unkel would say, send out an EMail to every dealer in the country stating you are a cash buyer and would take immediately. (If that is your wish).

When I was interested in a Niro at the start of the pandemic I was told it would probably be next year! They then tried to sell me a Soul which I had little interest in.

More recently when I enquired again there was no problem with ordering one for immediate delivery, I could even pick my colour. This just happened to be at the same time as VW opened the order book for the ID3. So don't believe them when they say they are impossible to get....:)

Btw I ordered an ID.3.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    As unkel would say, send out an EMail to every dealer in the country stating you are a cash buyer and would take immediately. (If that is your wish).

When I was interested in a Niro at the start of the pandemic I was told it would probably be next year! They then tried to sell me a Soul which I had little interest in.

More recently when I enquired again there was no problem with ordering one for immediate delivery, I could even pick my colour. This just happened to be at the same time as VW opened the order book for the ID3. So don't believe them when they say they are impossible to get....:)

Btw I ordered an ID.3.

So you're saying not requiring finance to buy the kia niro might allow swift delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don’t think requiring finance or not is a factor. It’s just that the supply situation has changed for the better. I also got mine quickly, with the timeframe given before we got into how I’d be paying.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    So you're saying not requiring finance to buy the kia niro might allow swift delivery?

No, but may/maynot allow for a better cash price?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I would leave out the cash buyer from the email, dealers are incentivised to sell a car on finance. I try and delay decisions about how I'm paying until they've shown me all the options.

liamog wrote: »
    I would leave out the cash buyer from the email, dealers are incentivised to sell a car on finance. I try and delay decisions about how I'm paying until they've shown me all the options.

Yes, correct, I should not have mentioned finance.
    I was under the impression that the Niro is not in as short supply as they would like buyers to think.
    And from my limited dealings it looks as though a fairly good discount could be available.

• Advertisement

It won't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Is there a Blind-Spot Collision Warning system on the latest Niro? I don't see any buttons, so assume not

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nope.

Could see the upcoming skoda enyaq provide stiff competition to the kia niro ?

Interior likely to be more exciting than the niro?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Could see the upcoming skoda enyaq provide stiff competition to the kia niro ?

Interior likely to be more exciting than the niro?

Dealer told me they expect it to cost about €50k after grants so maybe not :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hey, is there any way to retrieve the amount of charge the car has taken on? Just trying to figure out the break-even point for a day/night meter, and have been charging from various different sources (ESB, EasyGo, home), so if the car tracked this, it would be most useful. Doesn't seem to be available in the UVO app.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hey, is there any way to retrieve the amount of charge the car has taken on? Just trying to figure out the break-even point for a day/night meter, and have been charging from various different sources (ESB, EasyGo, home), so if the car tracked this, it would be most useful. Doesn't seem to be available in the UVO app.

Note how much power your house consumes overnight on a night you don't charge, then note how much power your house consumes overnight on a night you do charge. The difference is how much the car consumed. Not really needed though.

What's your kW/100km? (16kw?) What's your annual mileage? (15k km) = 2400kWh usage (probably a bit more with losses, maybe +10%). Difference between night and day rate is about 8c (energia), and the standing charge for day/night is €46 more than 24hr.

2400kWh will be €192 cheaper at night - €46 additional standing charge = €146 saved. You'll save a bit more on other things running at night, but you'll spend a bit more (~1c/kWh) on your day rate so they'll likely even out at worst.

Unless of course you regularly pay for charging out and about.

I had to grab something from the car last night and only noticed the fancy red strip lights above glove compartment and central section. Very cool! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭xboxdad

chewed wrote: »
    I had to grab something from the car last night and only noticed the fancy red strip lights above glove compartment and central section. Very cool! :cool:

You can even customize the color from the settings.

xboxdad wrote: »
    You can even customize the color from the settings.

Really? Wow, even cooler (and completely pointless)! Do they stay on when you're driving? I have yet to drive mine in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭xboxdad

chewed wrote: »
    Really? Wow, even cooler (and completely pointless)! Do they stay on when you're driving? I have yet to drive mine in the dark.

I did a lot of driving in the dark, but I don't remember if they stay on. I assume they do stay on as they're not bright at all even on full brightness in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

xboxdad wrote: »
    I did a lot of driving in the dark, but I don't remember if they stay on. I assume they do stay on as they're not bright at all even on full brightness in the dark.

Yeah they stay on, I love them though have only driven once in the dark. It creates nice a ambience :-D I feel a little silly writing about it, it's so unnecessary but delightful.

One can adjust the brightness from the 'Convenience' settings accessible via the steering wheel (only configurable when parked).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Order placed for a new E-niro yesterday delivery before the end of the month. Buying it as a company car so no SEAI grant or charge grant :mad: .

What would be the recommended charger to install? Anything else I should be thinking of before I get the car (EV Newbie).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kieran. wrote: »
    What would be the recommended charger to install? Anything else I should be thinking of before I get the car (EV Newbie).

Its a regularly asked question and there is no one answer. It depends on you.

What do you need from the charge point.

e.g.
    Do you have other high power devices in the house (electric shower or heat pump)?
    Do you have or plan to have Solar PV at some point
    Do you want to be able to utilise an app with it or just a plug 'n go experience?
    Do you want it tethered or untethered?
    Do you care about the look of it?
    Are you price sensitive... do you want bells n whistles or cheap and cheerful

Ultimately all the charge points will do the same job in that they will charge the car... its generally personal preference things that will decide which one you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

KCross wrote: »
    Its a regularly asked question and there is no one answer. It depends on you.

What do you need from the charge point.

e.g.
    Do you have other high power devices in the house (electric shower or heat pump)?
    Do you have or plan to have Solar PV at some point
    Do you want to be able to utilise an app with it or just a plug 'n go experience?
    Do you want it tethered or untethered?
    Do you care about the look of it?
    Are you price sensitive... do you want bells n whistles or cheap and cheerful

Ultimately all the charge points will do the same job in that they will charge the car... its generally personal preference things that will decide which one you buy.

We have an electric shower but it seldom used as we have pumped showers in the main bathroom and En-Suite

No plans for Solar PV

Whats the benefits of an 'App' generally speaking?

Preferably tethered

It will be to the front of the house so it would need to look good but not necessarily a work of modern art.

Cost is a factor but not the main factor, I want to get it right first and foremost.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

kieran. wrote: »
    We have an electric shower but it seldom used as we have pumped showers in the main bathroom and En-Suite

No plans for Solar PV

Whats the benefits of an 'App' generally speaking?

Preferably tethered

It will be to the front of the house so it would need to look good but not necessarily a work of modern art.

Cost is a factor but not the main factor, I want to get it right first and foremost.

Electric shower will cost you a bit. You'll need a priority switch (or a charge point which can load balance like a Zappi $$$) and from what i've heard they add a couple of hundred to the price.

Keep in mind that to get the €600 charge point grant you need to have the works done after you purchase the car. Stupid I know, but that's a rule last I check.

Not sure what charge point "looks good" and is tethered. The EO Mini is nice and compact/simple (it's untethered), but you'd also have a cut off switch nearby.
    Something like this:
    TB27y0uX6gy_uJjSZSgXXbz0XXa_!!1064607563.jpg
    And they're pretty ugly on the front of your house.

The Home chargepoint purchase thread might be better suited to find an answer

An app would allow you to set charing times (car can do this too), see what power it's pulling, some things like that. Somewhat useful, but IMO it's overkill at any significant cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭championc

Regarding any who have got grants for installing home chargers, how quickly was your grant paid ?

championc wrote: »
    Regarding any who have got grants for installing home chargers, how quickly was your grant paid ?

6 weeks which is what they say it will take.... 4-6 weeks.

KCross wrote: »
    6 weeks which is what they say it will take.... 4-6 weeks.

Lately though it seems to take a bit longer. Ours took 10 weeks, others I think reported longer.

• Advertisement

Lately though it seems to take a bit longer. Ours took 10 weeks, others I think reported longer.

Fair enough, mine was before Covid so maybe things have got worse.

Advertisement