Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

No idea where we are after that

Once darragh went off we were very poor, he should not be taken off in the final

Casey only sub to impress

Wod and gillane make me nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭cave_dweller

Luimneach Abu!! A great win vs a tough Galway side!! A serious battle and so proud of the team for getting through it!! A great All Ireland vs Waterford to come!! Enjoy the night celebrating, Luimneach Abu!! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I ll nearly puy my foot through the telly at those wides...David Reidy..looks like he's terrified every time he gets the ball

Waterford would have crucified Limerick today. I think Limerick totally deserved the win but Flanagan wouldn't put a goal away if there was no goalie. I love the guy but he misses more than Gillane who luckily doesn't miss as much as Reidy who missed 2 more than Donovan. Shocking. They ll never play as bad again

Relieved to win, players probably too,hopefully they find their groove on the day......semifinals are pretty tense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

Won playing poorly which is not a bad way to be going into a final for a Limerick team. Quite unusual for us too.

Semi finals just need to be won. It doesn’t matter how.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

After the start we made I thought it was 2019 all over again. Once we got 3 pts ahead I thought we'd kick on but credit to Galway for coming back. Losing Joe seemed to galvanise them. But coming down the straight this team came up with the goods again. Worryingly wasteful in front of goal & still not convinced by Reidy. Saying that semi finals are all about getting to the final. Glad we ground it out and much improvement needed for 2 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭High bike

First 10 mins was the worst most of them played since under 14 ,really poor but still should have won more convincingly. As Donal Og said they seem to just do enough and that's a dangerous game to play.Having said that today was all about winning and plenty for Kiely to get stuck into them about for the next 2 weeks.Was pleasantly surprised by Nash,I thought he had by far his best game this year,and surely Casey has to start the final with Flanagan coming off the bench late on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

High bike wrote: »
    First 10 mins was the worst most of them played since under 14 ,really poor but still should have won more convincingly. As Donal Og said they seem to just do enough and that's a dangerous game to play.Having said that today was all about winning and plenty for Kiely to get stuck into them about for the next 2 weeks.Was pleasantly surprised by Nash,I thought he had by far his best game this year,and surely Casey has to start the final with Flanagan coming off the bench late on

The good news is someone always steps up if the big talked about players have a bad day or get marked out of the game. Same as 2018 we have the best 17 to 25 in the game too if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

There's a feeling of Galway 2018 about Limerick, they're getting through, just about, almost waiting for someone to give them the knockout punch.
    Alot of the players are out of form, especially the forwards, the first touch for the first 15 minutes was way off.
    Having said that Nash and Morrissey handled everything thrown at them, the half back line was superb and Hegarty and Morrissey rescued us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Waterford would have crucified Limerick today. I think Limerick totally deserved the win but Flanagan wouldn't put a goal away if there was no goalie. I love the guy but he misses more than Gillane who luckily doesn't miss as much as Reidy who missed 2 more than Donovan. Shocking. They ll never play as bad again

Is Flanagan the guy with the beard and socks permanently up....??

Mehapoy wrote: »
    There's a feeling of Galway 2018 about Limerick, they're getting through, just about, almost waiting for someone to give them the knockout punch.
    Alot of the players are out of form, especially the forwards, the first touch for the first 15 minutes was way off.
    Having said that Nash and Morrissey handled everything thrown at them, the half back line was superb and Hegarty and Morrissey rescued us.

And even out of position Lynch was brilliant again. His awareness and skill under serious and plenty of times today illegal pressure was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Cian lynch must be nailed on for hurler off the year.
    Guys touch and intelligence is on a completely different level to the rest of the team.

The composure shown by Tom Morrissey after his awful miss was highly commendable. His last point from play when he intercepted the clearance was superb. Overall though you couldn't be satisfied with the forwards. The backs were good..Nash was good...Find roared onto it and Dan was excellent..Half backs were top class. Its from there up that the trouble started. O Donovan...2 shocking misses ...WOD was good....Lynch good in patches...Morrissey very good...Hegarty excellent but he gave away 4 scored frees...some terrible tackles..stupid. Flanagan ,not a natural scorer but did well. Gillane was only OK...and Mulcahy was poor.
    Id bring on Adrian Breen before Reidy every time. Reidy has no composure. His shots were 5 misses..the goal chance was a miss ...I ll have to stop talking about him because I know he's got tonnes of hurling but it is of zero use without good decision making. He offers nothing right now.. Peter Casey will start the final with Mulcahy and Gillane...really I dont like Kinnerks hit and hope type gameplane for the forwards...it nearly cost them 2018...cost them.last year and nearly sunk them today. Although its the players who miss the chances not the coach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The good news is someone always steps up if the big talked about players have a bad day or get marked out of the game. Same as 2018 we have the best 17 to 25 in the game too if needs be

Is there though? Time will tell if that's true. What happened to that theory in 2019 v Kilkenny?

Is there though? Time will tell if that's true. What happened to that theory in 2019 v Kilkenny?

I cant take any of your posts seriously after your performance during last nights semi. You were comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

I cant take any of your posts seriously after your performance during last nights semi. You were comedy gold.

I got it wrong yes but delighted Waterford proved me wrong. Anything is possible in sport . I am delighted Limerick and Waterford are in final and opportunity for newer teams to taste success. Both are great teams and there on merit. May the best team win in the final

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dowling very nearly managed it, IIRC.

The composure shown by Tom Morrissey after his awful miss was highly commendable. His last point from play when he intercepted the clearance was superb. Overall though you couldn't be satisfied with the forwards. The backs were good..Nash was good...Find roared onto it and Dan was excellent..Half backs were top class. Its from there up that the trouble started. O Donovan...2 shocking misses ...WOD was good....Lynch good in patches...Morrissey very good...Hegarty excellent but he gave away 4 scored frees...some terrible tackles..stupid. Flanagan ,not a natural scorer but did well. Gillane was only OK...and Mulcahy was poor.
    Id bring on Adrian Breen before Reidy every time. Reidy has no composure. His shots were 5 misses..the goal chance was a miss ...I ll have to stop talking about him because I know he's got tonnes of hurling but it is of zero use without good decision making. He offers nothing right now.. Peter Casey will start the final with Mulcahy and Gillane...really I dont like Kinnerks hit and hope type gameplane for the forwards...it nearly cost them 2018...cost them.last year and nearly sunk them today. Although its the players who miss the chances not the coach

Wod was not good imo

Darragh missed 2 shots but also created, Flanagan for his flaws still should start the final

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

digzy wrote: »
    Guys touch and intelligence is on a completely different level to the rest of the team.

For me he's like the team as a whole, does some brilliant things, and anytime he's involved it's a super move, but feel he has another gear in him, whether that is coming out and scoring 6 points from play or ghosting in for a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

digzy wrote: »

He's class, but Tony got all the headlines for Clare earlier on so I wouldn't bet the house on it!

He's class, but Tony got all the headlines for Clare earlier on so I wouldn't bet the house on it!

I think its too early to give out hurler of the year. Lynch was excellent today but only in patches. He gave away 2 scored frees and missed a sitter of a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭raindodger

we never seem to do it easy ...... but we are there
    doesnt matter what happened before next day the day to peak

We lost by a point. But that was last year so whats your point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I ll nearly puy my foot through the telly at those wides...David Reidy..looks like he's terrified every time he gets the ball

What County are you from?

Don't buy the "Limerick are happy to keep teams at arms length" guff. Limerick, imo, feared Galway scoring goals and were too focussed on trying to score goals that weren't really on rather than taking points and building a lead. the real composure they showed wasn't from 50 to 70 mins, it was from when Galway levelled the match to pull ahead again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I think its too early to give out hurler of the year. Lynch was excellent today but only in patches. He gave away 2 scored frees and missed a sitter of a point.

I cant see a hurler who only reached the 1/4 final stage win hurler of the year , I would actually nominate Graham mulcahey as he is the driving force In this limerick team not as stylish as others but he is the driver of the limerick bus in my opinion all championship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I cant see a hurler who only reached the 1/4 final stage win hurler of the year , I would actually nominate Graham mulcahey as he is the driving force In this limerick team not as stylish as others but he is the driver of the limerick bus in my opinion all championship

Unfortunately Mulcahy was anonymous today

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Unfortunately Mulcahy was anonymous today
    He'll cut loose the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

He'll cut loose the next day

Hopefully!!!

Advertisement