Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,571 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭cave_dweller

I'd get to Centra quick, they're selling like hot cakes! There is a great buzz about the place today.

Minors on TG4 Youtube now and U20s playing later on TG4. Both vs Cork. I'm looking forward to seeing how the younger players get on.

Not surprised there were no changes to the senior team announced. We didn't play as smoothly as we could vs Galway but we won without much trouble and had two great goal chances created by our forwards. O'Donovan will have benefited from the game after all of his injuries as well. We are nicely poised for tomorrow and really hope the lads can win one more big game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Didn't have the physical player's for extra time, actual o'Neill had a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Great display by the minors absolutely savage the 20s put up a great show probably have as much if not more prospects for the senior team than cork have and that's all that matters.

Now for the big one a lot of pundits tipping Waterford hope we can find this elusive 3rd gear some say we have I think we'll need it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭cave_dweller

We did it!! Luimneach Abu!! What a team, so proud of them! They've won everything there for them this year. Outstanding achievement and thanks to them all!! ������

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Fair play to ye all, you truly deserved it. Congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Luimneach Abu. Yee haa

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

We did it!! Luimneach Abu!! What a team, so proud of them! They've won everything there for them this year. Outstanding achievement and thanks to them all!! ������

First time since 1961 since it happened.. Outstanding achievement and more to come..

Brilliant to get the 2nd one

The tension of the semi final evaporated and they were awesome

• Advertisement

I've been critical of dan Morrissey here plenty, I'll stand by that and say he's not a half back but he's been a brilliant full back for us - congrats to you dan what a to celebrate Christmas with your brother

That was amazing all the trophies in the bag in 2020. Fine big car parade making plenty of noise through the city right now great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Epic stuff, Delighted. Wish we could celebrate properly😜

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Epic stuff, Delighted. Wish we could celebrate properly😜

Well have our day when this is all over down the City End some summer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done lads.

No doubt about it ye are the best team in the country. I say it wont be the last time to come in here and congratulate ye again in the future.

Enjoy.

Presumably its hegarty for player of the year followed by finn and hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭LMK

Great to win with a good performance from all the players. Composure in possession was so impressive.
    Waterford probably underperformed and the refs approach to let the play "flow" was in our favour, but that Limerick performance meant there was only going to be one outcome today.
    Bottom line is we have top class players, and a couple that could go on to be all time greats, when they are operating at the best or close to it then they are favorites to win, I hope/expect they win another AI in the next few years..
    Hope Mike Casey and Ritchie make a full recovery... Up Limerick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

well done lads , great win , great year for limerick gaa , this team probably has one even two more all irelands in them given the age profile ,

also the two year improvement in kyle hayes , tom morrissy sean finn and gearoid heargety has been frightening

we all rave about kinnerk up here still but john kiely is probably the best coach i have seen for what he has done with this limerick team and how he has compleatly changed the mentality within the county

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Delighted with the win today. When they get into full flow they're lovely to watch. Always looking for the man in space, some super points from Morrissey. He looks like he's emulating Gillane with the ones he's scoring over the shoulder. On Hegarty, he's a big man which sometimes takes away from some of the sublime touches he shows. Such a skilfull player.
    Was thinking the Championship would have been called off this year but what a sweet Christmas present this is. Luimneach Abú.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Congrats from a former Leitrim hurler!.....those lads are a credit to their families and County.The way they swarmed around the Waterford player in possession from the off was incessant,I was lucky enough to see the great KK teams of the noughties in Croke Park on big days several time’s....I genuinely feel that this Limerick side would put it up to them in a winner takes all tussle.

Yere passing,shooting,winning of the dirty ball and fact ye took a few cards to stop Waterford heading for goals in last 20 mins capped a superb display.

Waterford always needed everything to go right for them to beat ye,was sorry to see de Burca leave the field so early but they can be proud of their years work too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Congrats from a deise fan.

Thought you guys were superb today. Bossed us all over the pitch.

Not sure if the following comparison will be appreciated but i think this Limerick side are similar to the Kilkenny team that dominated in the naughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Privileged to get to watch these guys, they've elevated themselves to the pantheon of the 1930's team. Might as well make hay now that they're on top, with the age profile they could win another one or two( we won't get greedy!) Certainty they have raised to bar for all Limerick teams coming after, to think where we were early 10's wondering where a Munster championship win would come from.
    Even more encouraged by the minors getting to a Munster final, we should have the basis for some good u20 teams in the next few years, and with talents like English, O'Neill, Kirby, Ryan etc to come through to a good senior team.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

I would say this Limerick team have more than enough potential to challenge the reputation of the great KK team of the naughties. To think that you cobbled together a full back line with English and Casey injured and still won an all Ireland handily. What will happen when you have a full panel I shudder to think. The other thing that the KK team had was ferocious competition for a starting position - you guys have the makings of that and with very fertile underage prospects this will only get better and better. If they can maintain the hunger and the commitment then there's no reason why they won't be contesting most of the next 5-7 all Irelands - whether they win any of them or not is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be betting against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Congrats gents, superb display. Physicality mixed with superb skill and combined with application is hard to beat. It's a please to see a team use the ball so intelligently as against the drive it up the field tactic and hope a forward can win his own ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

RIP Willie Mulcahy

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I've been critical of dan Morrissey here plenty, I'll stand by that and say he's not a half back but he's been a brilliant full back for us - congrats to you dan what a to celebrate Christmas with your brother

Yeah you were wrong about him at halfback. He's an outstanding half back. And he's done very well at fullback aswell.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Yeah you were wrong about him at halfback. He's an outstanding half back. And he's done very well at fullback aswell.

Hes a good half back but was a weak link imo, super performance at full back

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

He’s an all star at wing back, enough said!! And he’ll have one in full back line as well once they’re handed out. Brilliant player

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Big congrats to the minors on winning the Munster final. Watched it on the radio...... Really enjoyed the commentary on live 95, Shane Dowling in with Mal. Shane practically pucking every ball. Good times continue..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Is Adam English a brother of Richie? A seriously talented chap.

Advertisement