Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The predictions of price from other websites seem very promising.

The CEO has good ties to the Chinese government. If they get in on the act they could very well go with trx

Yes, the Chinese government are well known for their support of free and open social media content platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

GreeBo wrote: »
    Has anyone got any concrete details on the deposit/bonus stuff regarding tron.com?

While I was on this forum, it reminded me that after successfully creating a wallet last Friday I still hadn't deposited any Tron in it yet. I've read there is mixed reports about getting free Tron from deposits or not!!
    I withdrew, a few tron from Binance to deposit to Wallet. There was a charge of 50Tron (it was only 30 on friday :() however that's where the bad news ends. What arrived in my wallet was double my TRON less the charge from Binance. Nice.
    Because the site in Chinese it's hard to tell if this was one time deal, so i decided to do another transfer to test the waters, a second more substantial transfer and this too was doubled. So I'm very pleased with this development, I still have some tron left in Binance and I'm giving serious consideration to sending that over aswell.
    For those that have not received their bonus, I would advise you to try and get in touch with someone on their reddit or telegram groups to see if there is a fix to this. I'm sure it can be remedied.
    Call out to Uncle Mclovin for hi-lighting this to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

OldHouse wrote: »
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Has anyone got any concrete details on the deposit/bonus stuff regarding tron.com?

While I was on this forum, it reminded me that after successfully creating a wallet last Friday I still hadn't deposited any Tron in it yet. I've read there is mixed reports about getting free Tron from deposits or not!!
    I withdrew, a few tron from Binance to deposit to Wallet. There was a charge of 50Tron (it was only 30 on friday :() however that's where the bad news ends. What arrived in my wallet was double my TRON less the charge from Binance. Nice.
    Because the site in Chinese it's hard to tell if this was one time deal, so i decided to do another transfer to test the waters, a second more substantial transfer and this too was doubled. So I'm very pleased with this development, I still have some tron left in Binance and I'm giving serious consideration to sending that over aswell.
    For those that have not received their bonus, I would advise you to try and get in touch with someone on their reddit or telegram groups to see if there is a fix to this. I'm sure it can be remedied.

Was the first amount transferred a substantial amount? I transferred over a small amount and didnt see any increase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

edit: never mind i figure it out

• Advertisement

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Was the first amount transferred a substantial amount? I transferred over a small amount and didnt see any increase!

I did a 1000 coins test amount, 950 after 50 charge.
    I would have done less, but the ratio of what was going through and charge was not worth it.

Just an update on things. I've since put in a 3 amount, and it's not only doubled, i'ts actually nearly tripled. I say that because when I see what went in and what was sent, its 2.9 times a the amount. Its a bit nuts to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

I transferred just over 1,000TRX to the wallet in two goes (test run first) and never got any bonus :(

- bo - wrote: »
    I transferred just over 1,000TRX to the wallet in two goes (test run first) and never got any bonus :(

It's very strange, how it's so inconsistent. I'm afraid to refresh mine to make sure it wasn't some sort of mistake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Very very very early days but it has a market cap similar to Dell Technologies...............

Is TRX a company?

I'm not buying shares in TRON, I'm buying some TRX currency.

I did a 1000 coins test amount, 950 after 50 charge.
    I would have done less, but the ratio of what was going through and charge was not worth it.

Just an update on things. I've since put in a 3 amount, and it's not only doubled, i'ts actually nearly tripled. I say that because when I see what went in and what was sent, its 2.9 times a the amount. Its a bit nuts to be honest.
    Yeah i only transferred 100 coins to see what would happen (dont have much faith in the tron website) but im tempted now to transfer over the whole lot of my tron in hope of getting a bonus..

• Advertisement

Yeah i only transferred 100 coins to see what would happen (dont have much faith in the tron website) but im tempted now to transfer over the whole lot of my tron in hope of getting a bonus..

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

- bo - wrote: »

+1 I transferred an amount in excess of 13K TRX to the TRON wallet a few days ago and also received no bonus.
    I did get hit with a 130TRX in fees for my trouble.(send and withdraw)

The seemingly random nature of the "bonus" allocation would raise a concern if I was a more cynical person ;)
    I wonder how many wallet transactions/withdrawals to the wallet have been made for the sole purpose of gaining a purported bonus?(I know my own was)

With the surge in wallet activity for the hit/miss bonus being used as a promotional tool(According to many posters Mr Sun is a marketing genius after all) one would have to wonder what effect the usage/wallet/transaction data and its artificial inflation by these mean have an overall adoption rates for TRON?
    How much market activity is being driven by the seemingly random bonuses?

A few posters here are of the opinion that any post deprecating TRON is merely FUD or misunderstanding of the translation of the whitepaper from Mandarin.

In my case it isn't, it really is based on reading the supporting documentation, documentation from a company that has according to the opinion of many a "marketing genius",at its helm. A marketing genius with with an M.A from an American University no less(Which only compounds my issue with the poor English Whitepaper).
    And my being patently unable to make any coherent case use for it, or indeed to identify any USP that differentiates it from either existing web offerings or competing coins.

A further worry for me, is the actual presentation/updates offered.
    Again, a person educated to an M.A standard in the medium of English has stood over the Whitepaper translation.
    Whilst difficulty in presenting in English are to be expected for a non native speaker, and are excusable I would point out that broken English in a Thesis does not lead to a degree.
    The whitepaper is a technical document and as such it should be subject to exacting translation, not thrown into google translate with a few buzzwords added in afterwards.
    Which is what the paper in English reads as.

I've made money from TRON, and am happy to bank it.
    I have seen legitimate concerns raised regarding it, that have been dismissed as FUD without any actual rebuttal.
    Very early on in this thread I outlined my concerns with TRON and asked for detail to clarify my understanding or indeed my misunderstanding...
    It still hasn't been forthcoming, and to be honest my own misgivings regarding TRON are only growing based on the lack of any actual detail or consistency in how this "bonus" system is intended to work.

Its one thing to say that at a 1 million active wallets, a "substantial bonus will be allocated to wallet holders.
    Its quite another to allocate random bonuses based on nohing other than lodging to the account.

I'll let folks draw their own conclusion as to what the aim of that tactic is.

banie01 wrote: »
    +1 I transferred an amount in excess of 13K TRX to the TRON wallet a few days ago and also received no bonus.
    I did get hit with a 130TRX in fees for my trouble.(send and withdraw)

The seemingly random nature of the "bonus" allocation would raise a concern if I was a more cynical person ;)
    I wonder how many wallet transactions/withdrawals to the wallet have been made for the sole purpose of gaining a purported bonus?(I know my own was)

With the surge in wallet activity for the hit/miss bonus being used as a promotional tool(According to many posters Mr Sun is a marketing genius after all) one would have to wonder what effect the usage/wallet/transaction data and its artificial inflation by these mean have an overall adoption rates for TRON?
    How much market activity is being driven by the seemingly random bonuses?

A few posters here are of the opinion that any post deprecating TRON is merely FUD or misunderstanding of the translation of the whitepaper from Mandarin.

In my case it isn't, it really is based on reading the supporting documentation, documentation from a company that has according to the opinion of many a "marketing genius",at its helm. A marketing genius with with an M.A from an American University no less.
    And my being patently unable to make any coherent case use for it, or indeed to identify any USP that differentiates it from either existing web offerings or competing coins.

A further worry for me, is the actual presentation/updates offered.
    Again, a person educated to an M.A standard in the medium of English has stood over the Whitepaper translation.
    Whilst difficulty in presenting in English are to be expected for a non native speaker, and are excusable I would point out that broken English in a Thesis does not lead to a degree.

I've made money from TRON, and am happy to bank it.
    I have seen legitimate concerns raised regarding it, that have been dismissed as FUD without any actual rebuttal.
    Very early on in this thread I outlined my concerns with TRON and asked for detail to clarify my understanding or indeed my misunderstanding...
    It still hasn't been forthcoming, and to be honest my own misgivings regarding TRON are only growing based on the lack of any actual detail or consistency in how this "bonus" system is intended to work.

Its one thing to say that at a 1 million active wallets, a "substantial bonus will be allocated to wallet holders.
    Its quite another to allocate random bonuses based on nohing other than lodging to the account.

I'll let folks draw their own conclusion as to what the aim of that tactic is.

I'm inclined to agree with most of what you have said, above but as I seem to be one of the lucky ones on this bonus scheme, I'm goin to give Tron the benefit of the doubt. They are at very early stages in their development, and there current level of growth was never sustainable. But having said that, tron in as good of position as many of the coins we have seen in the last month break out. I'm going to stay invested for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

banie01, you've just written a clear post outlining exactly why you don't believe TRX is a good investment. You pointed out precisely what your problems are with the project. If only everyone who was against it could do the same.

The people who come in to the forum with a one line post about how crap X coin is and don't have a notion of backing up their statements are as bad as those whose only contribution is "to the moon!!!1!" or "xfinity dollars by 5pm", which annoys everyone.

Prime candidates for some stronger modding IMO.

1450 TRX just cleared in my Tron wallet (1500-50 fee)... No bonus :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

benjamin d wrote: »
    1450 TRX just cleared in my Tron wallet (1500-50 fee)... No bonus :(

Was there an expectation that the bonus would be instantaneous? Others above have said the transfer was delayed, but they got it eventually.

If you don't get it I'd be right píssed though!

Was there an expectation that the bonus would be instantaneous? Others above have said the transfer was delayed, but they got it eventually.

I'd just kind of assumed, and I think others had said there was more in the wallet when the transfer completed. Im just putting it down to bad luck and hopefully there's no harm done.

Hmmm - just got a spam email in both Chinese character and English. Pity I didn't use a "burner" email. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

Hi - Can you please link me to where i need to go / who you recommend talking to regarding the tron bonus?. also transferred some in but got nothing yet.

paddyman wrote: »
    Hi - Can you please link me to where i need to go / who you recommend talking to regarding the tron bonus?. also transferred some in but got nothing yet.

Hi there, I haven't spoke to anyone personally, I had no issue. But i do know from using other Reddit (sub forum) that often the admins will help anyway they can if you are not doing something correctly. The ones on Nav helped me before when my Nav wallet stopped working, and I was unable to stake. They sorted it out for me.
    Here is a link to the Tron reddit. The list of moderators are in the btm right hand side.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/

• Advertisement

Ok, my total has now tripled!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Ok, my total has now tripled!

It's like free money...

Anyone not find this alittle suspicious?

jon1981 wrote: »
    It's like free money...

Very much so. I'm tempted to send it all back to binance and cash out my initial amount keeping the free TRX there to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Very much so. I'm tempted to send it all back to binance and cash out my initial amount keeping the free TRX there to see what happens.

That would be the clever thing to do.

Just transferred my trx to Tron from binance, no bonus yet..

jon1981 wrote: »
    It's like free money...

Crypto currency, normal investment rules don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Drumorig

I've a few thousand of these and wouldn't trust their site but if I can double or triple and put it back in my own wallet it's worth a shot. Anyone doubled and took all the coins out?

Just transferred my trx to Tron from binance, no bonus yet..

Can confirm my trx just doubled

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

anyone have instructions on how to get it back to binance? -- does it have to go via an ethr wallet or can it go directly back to tron wallet?

ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

How long are transfers taking from Tron wallet to Binance for people normally? I transferred mine there, but I can't see anywhere on the Tron site to view pending transfers or any sort of history...

Advertisement