Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intl Series 2018

Options
  • 04-01-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hi lads........ did I see the list of teams & matchups for London somewhere on Twitter or am I imagining it?

Can't find anything on nfl.com?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hi lads........ did I see the list of teams & matchups for London somewhere on Twitter or am I imagining it?

Can't find anything on nfl.com?

that was a fake.

It looks like the Chargers will be in London and the Rams in Mexico, however nothing confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

that was a fake.

It looks like the Chargers will be in London and the Rams in Mexico, however nothing confirmed yet

Thanks man.......... betcha it's the greedy greeks 'at home' in Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Jaguars' home opponents:

Titans
    Texans
    Colts

Patriots
    Jets
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Steelers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Heard that the price for the 49ers not doing Hard Knocks would be to have to play in one of the international games, possibly against the Rams in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

adrian522 wrote: »
    Heard that the price for the 49ers not doing Hard Knocks would be to have to play in one of the international games, possibly against the Rams in Mexico.

Was it reported 49ers didn't want to be on hard knocks,

On the international series, seen a tweet on Tuesday night chargers where to play the Bengals in London, looked for the tweet yesterday but it's gone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jaguars' home opponents:

Titans
    Texans
    Colts

Patriots
    Jets
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Steelers

With the Jags winning the division and the Titans beating them twice, the Jags/Titans could be a good game.

However, the Titans don't have a following really here, so be hard to see what market it would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

However, the Titans don't have a following really here, so be hard to see what market it would get.

The last one I was at was the Steelers/Vikings in 2013, but for the five years before that you'd easily spot all 32 jerseys. Is it still the same or has the "novelty" worn off at this stage. The attendances look to be holding steady but is it a different crowd now?

The last one I was at was the Steelers/Vikings in 2013, but for the five years before that you'd easily spot all 32 jerseys. Is it still the same or has the "novelty" worn off at this stage. The attendances look to be holding steady but is it a different crowd now?

I havent been in a few years either purely because the novelty wore off.
    4 games a year is too much tbh, but if there was a Titans game, i'd be there in a heartbeat.

I think there's a lot more people wearing Jags gear

The novelty element of seeing people in all NFL jerseys wore off in the ground. The atmosphere was neutral indeed, though to be fair the football on show was poor (Dolphins v Saints).

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

When I went in 2016, the games were announced before XMas and the tickets on sale mid-late January as far as I remember?

What's the hold up??! :/ Also, can you only buy 4 tickets at once? Think I remember that from last time too. The NFL is gradually getting more appealing to my mates so will probably be more than 3 of us heading over this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I went across in 2015 and it was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Announcement on Thursday at 3.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Hoping the Chiefs will be one of the teams announced.

Will take Panthers as an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was at the Cardinals Rams game, saw all the jerseys but the majority was Cardinals jerseys

Also hope the eagles get the game against the jags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

The Chargers will be giving up a home game for the next two years it's been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

*prays for Chiefs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Hoping to make the trip over this year, how long after the announcement do tickets generally go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Eagles/Jags
    Titans/Chargers
    Seahawks/Raiders

Paully D wrote: »
    Eagles/Jags
    Titans/Chargers
    Seahawks/Raiders

Only three games this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Only three games this year?

Thoughts are they are the Wembley and hopefully 2 more in Spurs new ground to be announced

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Eagles/Jags
    Titans/Chargers
    Seahawks/Raiders

Nice, looking forward to that. Hello Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Are those confirmed Paully?

Much better offering of games this time round if so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I cant remember all the match ups from years gone by, but these 3 games must surely be the best pack of games they have ever got for the series. All very much playoff contenders this year or last year and should push on next year too.

Don't think they are confirmed I'm guessing that's who he is hoping for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

3 games doing the rounds from reliable sources all in Wembley... Seem that white Hart Lane won't be ready in time so only 3 games this year for London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hococop wrote: »
    Don't think they are confirmed I'm guessing that's who he is hoping for

The Philadelphia Enquirer and NBC Sports (and probably others) have said these are the games.

The Philadelphia Enquirer and NBC Sports (and probably others) have said these are the games.

God I hope so, would love to see the eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ah yeah, no smoke without fire, it's being reported everywhere now.

Seahawks Raiders looks the standout, but I'd be happy with tickets for any of the three games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Thoughts are they are the Wembley and hopefully 2 more in Spurs new ground to be announced
    It won't be ready. Spurs already have Wembley rented for the first half of next season with option to even extend into 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It won't be ready. Spurs already have Wembley rented for the first half of next season with option to even extend into 2019.
    Link to this by any chance?
    I don't think its true as it would be against EPL rules. (must play all home games in same ground).

Advertisement