Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs Munster, Mon 1st Jan 5:35pm; BBCNI/TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

twinytwo wrote: »
    Ulster should count their lucky stars. Gifted a win.

By Arnold and Hanrahan yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Gilroy takes the man in the air... Ulster pen...more of it

Yeah definite penalty there. It was not a contest and he took the winger clean out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That was even worse than the first half against Leinster last week. Something I ddint think I'd see for a while. Completely lost the heads in the second half and poor leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Taxi for JJ ... Time to give BJ a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

Gonna be a long drive home for Munster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah, lads. That tackle was a full force clothes line into the head with no mitigating factors (the player wasn't going down or anything). Red all day.

Redder than Steyn's tackle on Sexton last year. Redder than awec's angry face during half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Potato Farls
    Munster have to be fuming, lost to Leinster at home and now threw away a 17 point lead to Ulster.

You'd expect them to come out swinging against Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Red absolutely won it for us.

Good comeback from Ulster though. it was good to see Gibbes seemed furious in the coaching box at the end too. knows it wasn't good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The change of props was huge also, Ulster would have continued to be steamrolled up front without those changes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Potato Farls
    MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Wonder who did the talking at half time. Some turn around.

The Ref? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Potato Farls
    The change of props was huge also, Ulster would have continued to be steamrolled up front without those changes.

Ah You has to be finished at this stage, absolutely dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Wow. Not sure what to say about that.

Arnold should get a few weeks from the committee and an absolute bollocking from his teammates.

Ulster were so bad in the first half that I wouldn't have thought they had it in them to take advantage of any Munster weakness but fair play they were much improved.

Ulster really needed that win. I can't see them getting a win at the RDS on Saturday and it would have been a disaster for them to get 0/3 from the three interpros.

I'd imagine Munster will get the win against Connacht on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Peregrine wrote: »
    Ulster really needed that win. I can't see them getting a win at the RDS on Saturday and it would have been a disaster for them to get 0/3 from the three interpros.

Imagine all you want if boxkicks Murray is back , happy days for conn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Imagine all you want if boxkicks Murray is back , happy days for conn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Potato Farls
    Scythica wrote: »
    Red absolutely won it for us.

Good comeback from Ulster though. it was good to see Gibbes seemed furious in the coaching box at the end too. knows it wasn't good enough
    To be fair, Ulster eschewed the arm wrestle that Munster were dragging them into and got the reward for playing with a bit more width.

Potato Farls
    prawnsambo wrote: »
    To be fair, Ulster eschewed the arm wrestle that Munster were dragging them into and got the reward for playing with a bit more width.

No they didn't...if it had remained 15v 15 it was a cake walk... trying to rationalize Ulster's width in the context of Munster being 1&2 men down is just daft

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Potato Farls
    No they didn't...if it had remained 15v 15 it was a cake walk... trying to rationalize Ulster's width in the context of Munster being 1&2 men down is just daft
    I missed the YC; had to step out for a bit, but I thought Ulster were getting a bit more width on the ball and keeping possession better and putting Munster under some pressure, No?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭visatorro

Ah, lads. That tackle was a full force clothes line into the head with no mitigating factors (the player wasn't going down or anything). Red all day.

Redder than Steyn's tackle on Sexton last year. Redder than awec's angry face during half time.

Late and to the head, that's what jp doyle said last year about steyns tackle on sexton. You'd imagine the same applies.

• Advertisement

Potato Farls
    I missed the YC; had to step out for a bit, but I thought Ulster were getting a bit more width on the ball and keeping possession better and putting Munster under some pressure, No?

I genuinely didn't think so...I thought the red card was harsh..but after that Ulster got the run of anything from the ref..not complaining... Ulster took their chance and hammered us in the second half.. but at the season end...this game won't count for much in Munsters calendar...it might keep Les Kiss in a job for another season though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sephiral wrote: »
    That is a sending off every single time. Not sure how anyone can argue against it. It is head contact at force and no real mitigation.

Arnold could have whipped out a lightsaber and dismembered Lealiifano and you'd have Munster fans on here arguing that it was a rugby incident.

Munster never commit acts of foul play if you read this forum.

It was a red card all day long, I said it to my pals the instant we saw the first replay, ref got it spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Potato Farls

Ulster were working their way back into it. Don’t mind the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Potato Farls
    I thought the red card was harsh.

Of course you did. You’re completely and utterly wrong to think it of course, but I’m in no way surprised.

Potato Farls
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Ulster were working their way back into it. Don’t mind the nonsense.

They really weren't...anyone who is familiar with Kiss' tactics will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I genuinely didn't think so...I thought the red card was harsh..but after that Ulster got the run of anything from the ref..not complaining... Ulster took their chance and hammered us in the second half.. but at the season end...this game won't count for much in Munsters calendar...it might keep Les Kiss in a job for another season though :)

I wouldn't be sure it won't count for much at seasons end. Cheetahs have two games in hand, both v Kings which could well be 10 points and move them in to second a point ahead of Munster. Would still favour Munster to get second in the conference but Cheetahs are well in the mix and won't be weakened during 6N period. Third in the conference will face one of Scarlets/Leinster away which will be an uphill battle.

Potato Farls
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Of course you did. You’re completely and utterly wrong to think it of course, but I’m in no way surprised.

Who cares what does..or does not surprise you?...

Who cares what does..or does not surprise you?...

The same question could be asked of everything you've posted on this thread. Or anything anyone has ever said.

It's a bit of a meaningless question, really. How is anyone supposed to answer that?

Potato Farls
    The same question could be asked of everything you've posted on this thread. Or anything anyone has ever said.

It's a bit of a meaningless question, really. How is anyone supposed to answer that?

Because it had nothing to do with the game...as usual.. attack the poster not the post....quite the norm on here isn't it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Potato Farls
    Arnold could have whipped out a lightsaber and dismembered Lealiifano and you'd have Munster fans on here arguing that it was a rugby incident.

Munster never commit acts of foul play if you read this forum.

It was a red card all day long, I said it to my pals the instant we saw the first replay, ref got it spot on.

You mad bro?

Advertisement