Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster vs Munster, Mon 1st Jan 5:35pm; BBCNI/TG4

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Potato Farls
    Buer wrote: »
    Just watching highlights back. Surprised at no comment relating to John Ryan's tackle in the opening stages.

https://m.imgur.com/UF2I1QL?r

Mitigating circumstances with respect to a JOD doing the damage and turning
    the player but could very well be cited and suspended for that. Might actually have been better if he copped a yellow at the time.
    I think it was mentioned in the match thread at the time. But yeah, it doesn't look particularly good.

“Sammy went for the tackle and hit him in the head, and unfortunately the referee doesn’t have any other choice but to red card him,” Van Graan said.

http://www.the42.ie/jvg-munster-ulster-reaction-3776925-Jan2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Potato Farls
    prawnsambo wrote: »
    There was a big turn around by Ulster in the second half. The stats make interesting reading. Munster dominated possession and territory in the first half, but Ulster had 74%/78% in the second. Munster's only weapon in attack appeared to be the scrum and the maul. Zero clean breaks and only four defenders beaten. Ulster had eleven clean breaks and 28 defenders beaten. That couldn't all have come from after the red card or even the yellow surely?

The yellow card came from repeated infringements which was all down to the pressure Ulster were putting Munster under. They had already had 1 try disallowed (correctly) so had been knocking on the door. They then scored their first try before the red card was shown. Momentum had swung completely at that point. Nobody has any idea whether it would have been enough to win the game without the red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

JVG needs to take a leaf out of MOCs book and blame the weather/ref/earths orbit for the high tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

The commentary on the BBC is the most bias i've never heard, its laughable

I prefer HD to SD even with Irish commentary on TG4 so BBC2NI is a no no for me when I have the choice. BTW I can't speak a word of Irish.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lack of leadership, discipline, and poor kicking and lack of control at 10 cost Munster that game.

The forwards played very well indeed until Holland and Scannell went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

On a positive note, I thought Cloete's work rate was excellent last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,361 ✭✭✭✭phog

PetKing wrote: »
    On a positive note, I thought Cloete's work rate was excellent last night.

He's been excellent for us

I prefer HD to SD even with Irish commentary on TG4 so BBC2NI is a no no for me when I have the choice. BTW I can't speak a word of Irish.

It's on BBCNI and the program is called 'Ulster Rugby Live' no matter who is playing, they're catering to their audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

It's on BBCNI and the program is called 'Ulster Rugby Live' no matter who is playing, they're catering to their audience.

Can't undetstand the point you are making as the programme is on BBC2NI and is in SD. If it was on BBC1NI it would be in HD but regional BBC 2 programmes i.e. Scotland/Wales/NI are in SD only. There is a national BBC2 in HD but this only shows nationally networked programmes and not regional ones like Pro14 rugby on BBC2 W/ BBC2 Scotland/BBC2 NI. Thats my point as rugby last night was in HD on TG4 I chose their coverage over BBC NI. I would have done the same if Ulster were playing a Welsh team and it was also on S4C which is HD.

• Advertisement

Sorry I replied to the wrong post, was meant to be the one about the commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Potato Farls
    Sorry I replied to the wrong post, was meant to be the one about the commentary.
    All I have to say is TG it was in english and I did'nt have to listen to those gouls on TG4.

Advertisement