Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin "safe zone" for women on NYE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

JPCN1 wrote: »
    If only it were that easy. Ze Germans are going to cherry pick and then insist the rest of Europe shares the burden and most will do what they're told with the exception of the Poles and Hungarians. They couldn't achieve it by military means but yet most of EU now controlled by them.

Such nonsense. Typical ignorance of how the EU even works.

So once someone has German residency or a passport they can't travel or settle anywhere else in the EU??

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Such nonsense. Typical ignorance of how the EU even works.[/Q

The EU is supposed to work by agreement such as the Dublin Convention which Germany unilaterally set aside for its own ends and by doing so put enormous pressures on its neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Such nonsense. Typical ignorance of how the EU even works.[/Q

The EU is supposed to work by agreement such as the Dublin Convention which Germany unilaterally set aside for its own ends and by doing so put enormous pressures on its neighbours.

There's no doubt Germany\France seem to be the agenda setters in the so called "democratic" EU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So once someone has German residency or a passport they can't travel or settle anywhere else in the EU??

What, in those posts, refers to german residency or passports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

wakka12 wrote: »

Anyway lots of people on this thread do genuinely care about the decreasing levels of freedom of women in europe, and you certainly do not seem to be one of them.

Of course he doesn't, all he cares about is hopping from thread to thread thanks whoring shoving his virtue signalling nonsense down our throats. Any thread of this nature he's there talking out of his arse.

Meanwhile Iran's public are rebelling and such are the numbers that the Police are no longer arrested Women for refusing to wear hijabs and other items of clothing that cover them up. This is incredible to see so are the symbols they are using.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/12/29/police-tehran-women-headscarves/989822001/

This type of segregation in Berlin isn't a one off, there's the same nonsense going on in Sweden. There's only one reason for this and it's the large scale influx of uneducated immigrants from third world countries.

"Sweden's biggest music festival will be replaced next year by a women-only alternative after reports of a series of rapes and sexual assaults at this year's event."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/swedish-music-festival-go-women-only-following-string-sexual/

• Advertisement

Noel82 wrote: »

This type of segregation in Berlin isn't a one off, there's the same nonsense going on in Sweden. ]

The area being put aside in Berlin is for women to go/report to if they feel they've been attacked or harassed, not a women only segregated area per se.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Odhinn wrote: »
    The area being put aside in Berlin is for women to go/report to if they feel they've been attacked or harassed, not a women only segregated area per se.

Fair enough, I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Things are only to get worse in the next 5,10,20 years.

Noel82 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Things are only to get worse in the next 5,10,20 years.

According to many in the late 1800's and early 1900's, Western Europe was to be overrun by Slavs and Jews, based on notions of higher birth rates, patterns of migration, terrorism and influxes of refugees. Quite a common view in France, Britain and Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Loueln

I fear concentrating people in a safe zone, will make them a target for large gangs a la Cologne, or mass casualty terror attack.
    Secondly it smacks of surrender having a safe zone rather than trying to secure the public streets for everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

According to many in the late 1800's and early 1900's, Western Europe was to be overrun by Slavs and Jews, based on notions of higher birth rates, patterns of migration, terrorism and influxes of refugees. Quite a common view in France, Britain and Germany.
    Nearly goodwining there nodhinn

• Advertisement

Nearly goodwining there nodhinn

I'm pointing out, fairly clearly, that popular notions of what will happen demographically are often far far off the mark, and based on cultural biases.

I'm pointing out, fairly clearly, that popular notions of what will happen demographically are often far far off the mark, and based on cultural biases.
    True but back then there was no evidence of bad behaviour by Jews. No poisoning of wells recorded on smartphones. It was all down to blood liable etc. With the current situation, there is evidence of bad planning, loose controls, hearts over minds. It's not this same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm always amazed how people who can write can't read. Police requested same type of safe zone as it's available at Oktoberfest since 2003, well before last wave of immigrant influx. But yeah if you want to get all hysterical about it so be it but at least read what it actually is and how it operates.

http://littlemunichblackbook.com/the-sichere-wiesn-a-women-only-safe-haven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Human geography and big data projections are probably just slightly more accurate than in the late 1800's.

Current (medium scenario) PEW projections puts places like Sweden at 20% Muslim. Poland and Hungry have their own views on mass unchecked migration, as such their figures are 0.2 - 1.3%.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-30_at_19.50.32.png

True but back then there was no evidence of bad behaviour by Jews. .....

Anti-tsarist violence was associated with Jews, far left terrorism was associated with jews, anarchist violence was associated with jews. Not just the jews involved, but all Jews generally.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/blood-rage-history-the-worlds-first-terrorists-1801195.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/30/opinion/the-first-global-terrorists-were-anarchists-in-the-1890s.html

Secular or reformed jews were blamed for lapses in 'public morals', something which continues to this day. Richard Nixon was a prominent believer in the notion. There is unfortunately very little new under the sun. Islamophobia and anti-semitism are really two cheeks of the same arse.

monnies wrote: »
    wow it's only 12 short months ago since the scania artic flattened 13 people dead at the christmas market at breitschiedplatz in berlin,
    but i would argue that the real terrorismus is the fact that german girls now are getting paranoid aboout going out on new years eve
    danke schoen merkel

ps vladimir putin said "syria is safe now, it's time for the refugees to go home"

There were more and bigger attacks in UK. (Not to mention France). And again why do you say 'now' since Oktoberfest has same set up since 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Just because they were wrong in the past about that doesnt mean we are wrong now. We are far better at predicting long term birth rates and migration patterns for instance. Not saying we'll be overrun or whatever, personally I don't care whether europe has a large muslim population or not, but just because europeans were wrong then doesnt mean they are wrong this time about a similar issue.
    Muslim birth rate is extremely high for instance, theres no debate there, combined with high migration rates into europe too..means there is some valid discussion to be had on the effects of this on european social structure. I wouldn't say its as big a cause for alarm as many on here seem to think though, at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

meeeeh wrote: »
    I'm always amazed how people who can write can't read. Police requested same type of safe zone as it's available at Oktoberfest since 2003, well before last wave of immigrant influx. But yeah if you want to get all hysterical about it so be it but at least read what it actually is and how it operates.

http://littlemunichblackbook.com/the-sichere-wiesn-a-women-only-safe-haven

And the music festival thing doesn't relate to immigrants either. An extraordinarily unfortunate aspect of all music festivals is that rapes occur at them. This includes one in Ireland where you go can back years and find examples.

I've also seen a fair few users on this thread with pretty awful views on rape and violence against women. Where they've blamed Weinstein's victims for example. So the concern doesn't seem exactly genuine, sadly.

Just because they were wrong in the past about that doesnt mean we are wrong now. We are far better at predicting long term birth rates and migration patterns for instance. Not saying we'll be overrun or whatever, personally I don't care whether europe has a large muslim population or not, but just because europeans were wrong then doesnt mean they are wrong this time about a similar issue.

It's rather striking how similar the attitudes and "predictions" are. There certainly will be a growth in the population with a muslim background, but outside of that.....
    Muslim birth rate is extremely high for instance, theres no debate there, combined with high migration rates into europe too..means there is some valid discussion to be had on the effects of this on european social structure. I wouldn't say its as big a cause for alarm as many on here seem to think though, at the same time

The birth rate tales off eventually. Theres no religous obligation to have a large family, nor is there a contraceptive ban.

It's rather striking how similar the attitudes and "predictions" are. There certainly will be a growth in the population with a muslim background, but outside of that.....

The birth rate tales off eventually. Theres no religous obligation to have a large family, nor is there a contraceptive ban.

The birth rates falls after several generations. The present one will have large families. And the number of muslims in europe will grow significantly over the next few decades, this is fact. And as I said, this will have some relatively noticeable effects on life in europe. Some will be good and some will be bad. I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed

• Advertisement

The birth rates falls after several generations. The present one will have large families. And the number of muslims in europe will grow significantly over the next few decades, this is fact. And as I said, this will have some relatively noticeable effects on life in europe. Some will be good and some will be bad. I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed

I said that there would be growth, and we are, in fact, discussing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

enricoh wrote: »
    Yeah good one, maybe the organizers of the Nye celebrations in Berlin are just making up the need for a women only safety zone too!

You could address the points I made

I do actually think women need a "Safe space" but not because of refugees. If there's one thing this year has shown it's that women are victimised by men. The MeToo hashtag has shown that women are harassed and assaulted by men.

In places like japan women have separate train carriages so they don't get molested. Not many muslims/arabs there.

The weird thing is that Sweden, which treats all sexual assault as rape, has seen numbers decrease. And it's because they take it seriously. They educate their population and make sure that their police and judiciary know how to handle these cases. The numbers there have decreased at the same time that they took in a large number of refugees. If what people say here was true then you'd think they would have seen an increase.

But that's all slightly off topic.

All I wanted to know was what defines a mass rape. How often does it occur? And proof that non white people perpetrate it more often.

I said that there would be growth, and we are, in fact, discussing it.

The fact that there will be growth simply goes without saying. You seem to be implying that actual predicted growth is not true though, based on the fact that europeans also wrongly predicted a demographic growth of jewish community nearly a century ago before computers even existed

Is mass immigration always a positive for the in situ population? We should be allowed to ask these questions without vague comparisons to 19th century persecutions being bandied around. I absolutely recognise the readiness for xenophobia in the human psyche but that shouldn't deter a genuine inquisitive mind from hashing out the pros and cons. Multiculturalism, like every other ideology, should be open to scrutiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Is mass immigration always a positive for the in situ population? We should be allowed to ask these questions without vague comparisons to 19th century persecutions being bandied around. I absolutely recognise the readiness for xenophobia in the human psyche but that shouldn't deter a genuine inquisitive mind from hashing out the pros and cons. Multiculturalism, like every other ideology, should be open to scrutiny.

Surely best to be discussed at a higher level in Humanities then, then a base “they tuk r jabs” AH level?

Surely best to be discussed at a higher level in Humanities then, then a base “they tuk r jabs” AH level?
    I don't know. I think the serfs and plebs should be allowed to discuss things too.

No. You are making **** up. And, once again, obsfucating.

Read the article in the OP and hone in on this line.

This thread is about the fallout from NYE 2015 & 2016 celebrations in Germany and the Taharrush (i.e. mass sexual assaults) that took place there. And that there are now "Safe Zones". Something not needed before.

Is that clear now?

Let me clarify it for you again in case it is not.....

Berlin never needed this type of Safe Zone for Women before on New Years Eve.

Maybe you'd like to comment on the fact that in Berlin they have had to introduce a Safe Zone for women for the first time. In a Western European city. Because of fears of a repeat of Taharrush.

Or are you going to continue to bull****, obsfucate and introduce those wonderful straw men.

I think you need to look up "obfuscating"

You said
    The vast majority of mass sexual assaults on women in Western Europe are not being committed by white men though, are they?

I asked you what a mass sexual assault was and proof that the majority of mass sexual assaults, in Europe are committed by non white people.

I replied directly to your post. I asked questions about a statement you made. That's not obfuscating.

Here's an example (not a definition as someone else here would say)

You say "Trump is fatter than Leo".
    I ask what's the definition of fat? Is it width or weight? Also what figures are you using?
    You say "Stop obfuscating"

See how silly you look?

Now, just answer my questions or provide any statistics to back up your claim. Otherwise we can both agree that you were making sh1t up when you said
    The vast majority of mass sexual assaults on women in Western Europe are not being committed by white men though, are they?

Genuine inquisitive mind would actually check what the safe zones are about and how long they are around. That is inquisitive. Using safe zones for cheap shots on immigration without informing themselves in them is just being ignorant.

Yes there should be discussion on immigration and how to ensure liberal way of life in Europe can be preserved. But please don't make it as dumb as this thread.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Genuine inquisitive mind would actually check what the safe zones are about and how long they are around. That is inquisitive. Using safe zones for cheap shots on immigration without informing themselves in them is just being ignorant.

Yes there should be discussion on immigration and how to ensure liberal way of life in Europe can be preserved. But please don't make it as dumb as this thread.

Fair enough. These safe zones may be a swing and a miss but there is no shortage of other worrying stats. I do agree that maintaining the liberal ethos of Europe should be the number one priority. But that requires us to recognise that our culture is good. Not only that, it's actually superior to others. The values of the enlightenment are worth fighting for.

• Advertisement

True but the problem with these heads is that they are led by emotion rather than actual logic and facts. Wild statements fly around the place and there's nothing to back them up.

There's also a ridiculous number of rereg's who drive off serious discussion. The reregs are the ones who come out with the wildest claims. They are the ones who are obviously racist and have gotten banned time and time again.

Advertisement