Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin "safe zone" for women on NYE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

No they didn't.

Plus even with the influx of refugees the number of sexual assaults has dropped. There's less sexual assault in sweden now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I don't think we should be surprised. Decisions and policies often have unintended consequences. Multiculturalism can't be all cultural enrichment and shiny happy clappy. Introducing large amounts of primarily single young men into a culture strikingly more liberal than their own with no real tried and tested plans about how to integrate them was foolhardy, not even the most gushing multiculturalist would argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I don't think we should be surprised. Decisions and policies often have unintended consequences. Multiculturalism can't be all cultural enrichment and shiny happy clappy. Introducing large amounts of primarily single young men into a culture strikingly more liberal than their own with no real tried and tested plans about how to integrate them was foolhardy, not even the most gushing multiculturalist would argue with that.

And yet the EU persist with it....changing the face of Europe I think they call it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

When was the last mass gang rape in Berlin?

I'll give you a clue, it was committed by white men.

Last one I can find online was in March of this year. 5 Arab men in a refugee centre in Hamburg raped a seven year old girl. I’m blocking you now. I’m not going to continue speaking with someone so sick as to use rape to score points. Have a word with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Tbf the definition of rape was stupidly wide in Sweden....afaik it was the charge Assange faced...for slapping some wan in the arse

Highly wrong and reprensible....but deminishs actual rape victims....and caused rape figures to rocket....ffs step foot in any nightclub in the country tonight and you'll see same/worse than what Assange done

**this is not to deminish sex assult victims,but I do feel actual facts are necessary here......to prevent this turning into a mess and being locked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm not denying immigrants causing rise in sex crimes (and probably ordinary crime Idk? )

But it's undoubted that saying they are going about raping everything that moves (as technically they were in sweden) and applying it that they will rape everyone in ireland...is fear-mongering misrepresenting facts IMO.....

.when the 2 definitions are vastly different

>>if that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm not sure you know what a straw man is.

You've just said that the majority of mass sexual assaults are committed by non white people. You haven't
    1) specified what mass sexual assault is
    2) shown that it is indeed committed overwhelmingly by non white people
    3) shown that this means that women should be more afraid of non white people.

You'e just making sh1t up.

No. You are making **** up. And, once again, obsfucating.

Read the article in the OP and hone in on this line.
    Organisers of Berlin's New Year's Eve celebrations are to set up a "safe zone" for women for the first time.

This thread is about the fallout from NYE 2015 & 2016 celebrations in Germany and the Taharrush (i.e. mass sexual assaults) that took place there. And that there are now "Safe Zones". Something not needed before.

Is that clear now?

Let me clarify it for you again in case it is not.....

Berlin never needed this type of Safe Zone for Women before on New Years Eve.

Maybe you'd like to comment on the fact that in Berlin they have had to introduce a Safe Zone for women for the first time. In a Western European city. Because of fears of a repeat of Taharrush.

Or are you going to continue to bull****, obsfucate and introduce those wonderful straw men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

No they didn't.

Plus even with the influx of refugees the number of sexual assaults has dropped. There's less sexual assault in sweden now.
    What are you basing this on?
    Because the Swedish Crime Survey shows a significant spike in the last two years.

that doesn't address a single point i made.

What is a mass sexual attack?
    Show stats to prove that it is committed overwhelmingly by non white people.
    And show that it occurs often enough that a woman should be afraid of it.

1) that's not a definition. If it is then it's literally the only time it's ever occurred. The poster I replied to said the majority of mass rapes were committed by non white people. If thee's only ever been one in the history of humanity, or even in the last decade, then he's creating a hysteria.
    2) the crimes in Cologne were committed by a range of people. There were even americans. Show some statistics. Otherwise I would be able to counter with a case where white men committed sexual assaults and that would be pointless. You have to show actual statistics for your point to be valid. So you have to show that it occurs often and that it is non white people who committed the acts on the majority of occasions.
    3) you still haven't shown that it occurs often enough for women to be rationally more scared of non white people than of a white person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

1) that's not a definition. If it is then it's literally the only time it's ever occurred. The poster I replied to said the majority of mass rapes were committed by non white people. If thee's only ever been one in the history of humanity, or even in the last decade, then he's creating a hysteria.
    2) the crimes in Cologne were committed by a range of people. There were even americans. Show some statistics. Otherwise I would be able to counter with a case where white men committed sexual assaults and that would be pointless. You have to show actual statistics for your point to be valid. So you have to show that it occurs often and that it is non white people who committed the acts on the majority of occasions.
    3) you still haven't shown that it occurs often enough for women to be rationally more scared of non white people than of a white person.

Keep the blinkers on, that'll make Europe safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

All joking aside....why was noone ever convicted for that?

Or it picked up more widely by news media??.....Internet has left me somewhat skeptical of what is the exact truth what occurred??

It obv lies somewhere in middle of what the internet reports happened and what the German police offialy said about it??

Why obviously? What do you know?
    Sounds like victim blaming again.
    Somewhat akin to when Liam Cunningham said on live television that there was only anecdotal evidence of what happened in Cologne. Cunningham will say and do anything to keep the borders open for economic migrants.

As a result of the carnage on that New Year's Eve night in Cologne, 1,139 crime victims filed complaints, 529 of whom were victims of sexual assault.
    The victims did what they were supposed to do in reporting the crimes, so it looks like the German authorities failed them twice.

It is astounding that in a modern society, women have to find "safe zones" in order to enjoy the freedom that men take for granted. It is a truly terrible idea because it tells the perpetrators that the police cannot properly control their criminal actions and it tells women that they are not safe from assault outside of these safe zone. They might as well have told all women in Berlin to stay away from celebrating New Year's Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

That's not a definition, that's an example.

Why have you excluded examples from war? Are sex crimes committed during war ok with you? How many gang rapes do you generally hear about in the news in Ireland? The answer is not many. Do you think that's because they don't happen?

I think women all over Europe feel wary around gangs of young men of any ethnicity.

They don't censor the information.

And I'd say you don't hear about them because it's not standard practice to report them. Do you think when the police receive a report of a sexual assault from a victim they should be on Twitter letting everyone know what happened and the ethnicity of the attackers? The only time you are likely to hear about it is if it goes to court.

Diehard? Would that be like someone who keeps registering on a forum to spout the same stuff over and over?

Possibly just till the car blows up !!!

It's an example not a definition. I suggest you look up the difference in a dictionary.

Once you've figured out what a definition is, you can define mass rapes.

Then you can provide figures for how often they occur.
    And you can then provide figures for the race of the attackers.

Otherwise you're just making stuff up.

Maybe they don't keep it. Can you show me the Garda statistics on the ethnicity of criminals?

Do you not understand what a definition is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭enricoh

It's an example not a definition. I suggest you look up the difference in a dictionary.

Once you've figured out what a definition is, you can define mass rapes.

Then you can provide figures for how often they occur.
    And you can then provide figures for the race of the attackers.

Otherwise you're just making stuff up.

Yeah good one, maybe the organizers of the Nye celebrations in Berlin are just making up the need for a women only safety zone too!

No it isn't.

I mean I could try but I'm really looking for your own definition to better understand what you are talking about. I'd probably define a mass sexual assault as an incident where there were multiple victims who suffered sexual assault committed by multiple offenders.

I haven't been to Germany in a few years so I can't comment n their exact problems but I was in southern France in November this year.

In the town square there was a public toilet surrounded by seats. One of those old fashioned ornate ones.

Throughout the 4-5 hours we were there we passed this square a few times. On each occasion the same group of young North African men were there. There is no way on this earth I would have used that facility. Each time a lone woman walked past two or three of the group would walk towards them. At least one was behind them.

I can only describe them as menacing. How else would you see a gang threatening lone women ??

But I guess that's my racism huh ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No it isn't.

I mean I could try but I'm really looking for your own definition to better understand what you are talking about. I'd probably define a mass sexual assault as an incident where there were multiple victims who suffered sexual assault committed by multiple offenders.

So NYE 2015 in Koln, Berlin et al then would be incidents that exemplify that definition.....

As we have been saying all along.......

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

It's because he's a leftist. His Ideology tells him "immigrants & refugees = good, virtuous & innocent".
    So when certain facts come out contradicting that message, it upsets his world view. He would rather cling to the message that his ideology tells him. This cognitive dissonance causes a great amount of pain & discomfort in his mind, i would guess. So he gets angry at people for pointing out those certain facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Kivaro wrote: »
    It is astounding that in a modern society, women have to find "safe zones" in order to enjoy the freedom that men take for granted. It is a truly terrible idea because it tells the perpetrators that the police cannot properly control their criminal actions and it tells women that they are not safe from assault outside of these safe zone. They might as well have told all women in Berlin to stay away from celebrating New Year's Eve.

You misread the article.

So NYE 2015 in Koln, Berlin et al then would be incidents that exemplify that definition.....

As we have been saying all along.......

Yes, had they happened the way some have described them they would indeed fit my definition. I've been looking for a definition from Tom O'Dwyer so I know what would fit into his definition. This would help me in complying with the request to find mass sexual assaults committed by white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Omackeral wrote: »

Cant believe people like this exist. Couldn't do anything but cringe at that video

It's because he's a leftist. His Ideology tells him "immigrants & refugees = good, virtuous & innocent".
    So when certain facts come out contradicting that message, it upsets his world view. He would rather cling to the message that his ideology tells him. This cognitive dissonance causes a great amount of pain & discomfort in his mind, i would guess. So he gets angry at people for pointing out those certain facts.

It reminds me of that period in which all the scandals started coming out about the RCC. A lot of churchgoers got very angry and defensive. They couldn't abide to have faults in the keepers of their ideology pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yeah it's absolutely hilarious isn't it? It only matters when the perpetrator is someone brown from a big evil far away country, sure where else would you get a great crime like it?

Do you actually have any proof that white men in europe are convicted at lower rates than middle eastern men? If anything I thought it'd be the opposite, re: mass cover up of crimes by muslim paedophile gangs across the UK.

Anyway lots of people on this thread do genuinely care about the decreasing levels of freedom of women in europe, and you certainly do not seem to be one of them.

Just because your ideology comes from a good place (enlightened, caring, philanthropic) doesn't mean it can't have gaping holes in it. Multiculturalism without careful planning, vetting and dare I say it confidence in your own culture and way of life can and does go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Fcuk Germany.

Let them import half the third world in to fcuck their women. Who gives a sh1t , let them go, it doesn't mean that we have to allow them to mess up the world for the third time in 100 years.

If only it were that easy. Ze Germans are going to cherry pick and then insist the rest of Europe shares the burden and most will do what they're told with the exception of the Poles and Hungarians. They couldn't achieve it by military means but yet most of EU now controlled by them.

• Advertisement

JPCN1 wrote: »
    If only it were that easy. Ze Germans are going to cherry pick and then insist the rest of Europe shares the burden and most will do what they're told with the exception of the Poles and Hungarians. They couldn't achieve it by military means but yet most of EU now controlled by them.

Such nonsense. Typical ignorance of how the EU even works.

Advertisement