Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Anyone having a problem with stb emu pro ?
    I got a timed out error earlier and cleared cache etc and restarted but now I just have a black screen with a white line across it
    It was working fine this morning

Sent u a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anyone having a problem with stb emu pro ?
    I got a timed out error earlier and cleared cache etc and restarted but now I just have a black screen with a white line across it
    It was working fine this morning

You sure you're provider is still up. Lots of them are migrating to new backend since Xtreme Codes got taken down the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

You sure you're provider is still up. Lots of them are migrating to new backend since Xtreme Codes got taken down the other day

True

I'm in 4 group chats of different resellers/providers and my own IPTV provider which would have been the biggest in the market had messaged advising they are working on a new panel and expect to be live by Sunday

The other providers are all Confident they will be operational soon too

My provider isn’t so confident, a few days or a week maybe or might not be back at all

Did he not reply back to u

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

3 providers

Got a refund from one until issue resolved. Other 2 one is running other is working on it.. Have other options but at least rugby on virgin 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭xlogo

Sent u a pm

I have the same problem - can you pm me on the this.

3 providers

Got a refund from one until issue resolved. Other 2 one is running other is working on it.. Have other options but at least rugby on virgin 👌

Virgin media in painful SD hurts my eyes though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Virgin media in painful SD hurts my eyes though :D

Watching the rugby on ITV Hub app

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭xlogo

OmegaGene wrote:
    It’s no secret now, some iptv servers are down so contact the provider for an eta on the fix or find a new supplier. Reading on reddit they are expecting to be back up in a day or two

Didn't think it was ever a secret - thought you had a workaround or something ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wasn't this always the case though? All of the above have been useable on Smart-TV's for years.

If you're just using basic apps like those, there is no need for a Shield or anything more expensive than a cheapo streaming stick.

I should have been clearer.
    I think the nvidia is amazing but for me it was overkill (I don't game etc)
    I had read only bad things about smart tvs and the crap apps and performance on them but the one I bought a few months ago has been brilliant for my usage which is streaming.

I still use firetv, roku and xbox doing the exact same thing for other dumb tvs but for the main telly the inbuilt apps do what they do without lag etc.

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I should have been clearer.
    I think the nvidia is amazing but for me it was overkill (I don't game etc)
    I had read only bad things about smart tvs and the crap apps and performance on them but the one I bought a few months ago has been brilliant for my usage which is streaming.

I still use firetv, roku and xbox doing the exact same thing for other dumb tvs but for the main telly the inbuilt apps do what they do without lag etc.

Smart TVs used be absolute crap, but now manufacturers are adding decent a CPU and enough ram to run IPTV and other apps well. Now the only issue with smart TVs is the short length of support they get from the manufaturer, the Shield has had 20 updates since first released in 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

My smart TV which is probably 6-7 yrs old never got an update.

That's said you can't buy a decent TV without it, so you're not paying extra for the smart TV bit. It is handy to have it built in.

Is RTE player down as well? When I open it, it just has the Android logo on the top right of a black screen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Smart TVs used be absolute crap, but now manufacturers are adding decent a CPU and enough ram to run IPTV and other apps well. Now the only issue with smart TVs is the short length of support they get from the manufaturer, the Shield has had 20 updates since first released in 2015

Yep, you're right about updates on the nvidia, great support.

My tv has had many app updates and about 2 system updates since I got it so so far I'm impressed on that front.
    The thing is will it keep up?
    It's webOS based so I have high hopes :)

But I totally understand the need for seperate boxes/dongles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Just an update in general
    My IPTV provider has been sending constant updates.
    As of this morning about 80 channels from the 3000 are available.
    He/they/she(who knows :). Have advised all 3000 will be working by tomorrow
    They have been very successful on the new panel they are testing

Looks like it's back in action

Pm for any info if curious

wally1990 wrote: »
    Just an update in general
    My IPTV provider has been sending constant updates.
    As of this morning about 80 channels from the 3000 are available.
    He/they/she(who knows :). Have advised all 3000 will be working by tomorrow
    They have been very successful on the new panel they are testing

Looks like it's back in action

Pm for any info if curious

pm sent!

My tv is back working lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

Bloody hell lads, will ye read Post #1 - please!! Another thread will be closed because people refuse to keep that kind of thing off here... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I finally got around yesterday to moving my usb harddrive to my router. You can mount it natively then in the shield, very handy. It also means I can share the storage with other devices. It seems like roms actually load quicker in retrox through the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

chewed wrote: »
    Is RTE player down as well? When I open it, it just has the Android logo on the top right of a black screen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still not working.

There's some bug. Go into settings and clear the app data, it should start up ok then. But you have to do this every time you want to use it. It's a pain.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have issues with the BBC iPlayer? I'm getting a lot of buffering and then eventually the programme I'm watching will crash with a "Something went wrong playing this programme" message and I have to shut it down and start again.

Although I'm using a VPN, when I run a speedtest I'm getting 100 mbps download. So, I'm not sure what the issue is!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Although I'm using a VPN, when I run a speedtest I'm getting 100 mbps download. So, I'm not sure what the issue is!

I find using any VPN on iPlayer to be very flakey.
    I've started using a smartDNS for the UK players rather rely on the VPN.

banie01 wrote: »
    I find using any VPN on iPlayer to be very flakey.
    I've started using a smartDNS for the UK players rather rely on the VPN.

And does it run smoothly with SmartDNS? Any glitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

And does it run smoothly with SmartDNS? Any glitches?

No issues that I've encountered yet.
    I use Getflix and it seems fine for it, picked up one of their lifetime offers.

They also have a VPN option and if I enable that Iplayer becomes unstable, whereas if I just use their smartDNS it, and all the other UK players run fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Anyone know is ps4 remote play will be able to be used? What version of android is the shield on 10.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Watching the rugby on ITV Hub app

Hi. I have the ITV hub but it doesn’t show a “Watch Live” tab. Did you do something different to get live tv option ? Are you using the Shield ?Thanks

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi. I have the ITV hub but it doesn’t show a “Watch Live” tab. Did you do something different to get live tv option ? Are you using the Shield ?Thanks

Sorry, I meant say it was a playback match I was watching. For some reason the live stream is not available on the Shield app. It's only available on the website version. So I had to hook up the laptop to TV to watch the live games.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I can't believe RTE haven't fixed the black screen issue in the RTE player app for the shield.

The reviews of the RTE player app on the play store are hilarious.

The developers of the RTE player app are probably on 6 figures a year and it's the worst app ever.

I can't believe RTE haven't fixed the black screen issue in the RTE player app for the shield.

The reviews of the RTE player app on the play store are hilarious.

The developers of the RTE player app are probably on 6 figures a year and it's the worst app ever.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/01/26/rte-player-down-after-9-people-attempt-to-stream-at-the-same-time/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Aww mate thanks for sharing that link, I nearly wet myself reading some of the comments from "Dave"

Proper comedy gold

Advertisement