Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Updated quick enough however can't change launcher to TV launcher. Went to the settings cleared data and cache for android home restarted it and no option to choose TV launcher always.

Is it best to turn it off and then try?

Ok seems to be an issue.. 😭😭

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1158216/shield-tv/shield-experience-upgrade-8-0/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Installed the Nvidia Shield update but now the IPhone remote app doesn’t work. Hopefully the update for the app will come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The Android remote app updated for me earlier today, so I'm sure iOS isn't too far behind.

The only real change I've noticed is to the Settings menu. And my Steam games on GeForce Now are back working, they'd stopped about a week ago.

Known Issues after release

Multiple Streaming apps failing to play for small number of users, netflix errors 116/115. Content protection is failing, factory reset should resolve it short term.
    The match content color space displaying incorrect format.
    Cropped content in Emby not playing in HDR.
    Can't set the default launcher. We'll add this back in the next release, got missed in the android p transition as we need to make some changes for it to work.
    AV1 playback not working. Reproduced and debugging.
    Volume UI with android P too bright, takes too long to disappear. Will be addressed in next release
    Some controllers joysticks snap back to the center at the end of joystick travel. Will have a test image soon to resolve this issue in the short term
    Youtube 5.1 PCM audio not working
    IR/CEC volume control not working when anything is turned on in accesbility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yeah the only problem I have is some retrox games no longer launch, the app needs an update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Is anyone able to get any video on youtube playing in 5.1 through the shield(Denon AVR in the middle)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

It's one of the known issues, 'Youtube 5.1 PCM audio not working'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

One thing I will say about the last update the phone app actually works most of the time now as before more often than not it wouldn't sync for me

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭habanerocat

Seems to have sorted out the stop/start connection to my NAS. So I'm very happy. So is Plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Do people still have lag issue with the volume on the remote ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Daz_ wrote: »
    Do people still have lag issue with the volume on the remote ?

Weirdly, I find if I shake the remote before use it works everytime. Maybe I'm mad

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Weirdly, I find if I shake the remote before use it works everytime. Maybe I'm mad

I will give that a go ! I would have hoped that the various updates would have sorted the issue . Pretty annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So I have a Shield a few weeks now and I've done a few things. I've had it for months in a box waiting on my house - the 4K is so welcome!

- Reset the box fully after the big update to v.8 - the bluetooth remote delay / lag was annoying a hell and this helped resolve the issue.
    - Synced and am using a Amazon Fire Stick remote, so much better having seperate Play / Pause controls (just need to setup IR on a stick).
    - Attached the Fire Stick HDMI adapter (FTV can use a spare gen 1 remote) to my HDMI cable, it's well insulated so no interference issues.
    - Disabled all Power control CEC options except for "Turn on TV when Shield turns on" and "Set TV to Shield" - all others aren't required.
    - Set Audio Video Sync to 100ms (how cool is that page with the bouncing ball to adjust - so clever). Didn't want to do it only in Kodi.
    - In Developer Options, enabled the "Keep Shield Remote Active during Playback" as thats where the lag delays are most noticable for me.

This way it's fast loading, I still have my independant TV control and only need the 1 remote if I'm either using Sky or the Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Changed to eir last week and while doing so we ran a cat6 Ethernet cable from modem to Nvidia shield but it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone tell me which slot at back of modem the Ethernet cable needs to be put in to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Changed to eir last week and while doing so we ran a cat6 Ethernet cable from modem to Nvidia shield but it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone tell me which slot at back of modem the Ethernet cable needs to be put in to

There should be 4 LAN ports at the back (marked Lan 1 - 4) of which any should be fine for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

dodzy wrote:
    There should be 4 LAN ports at the back (marked Lan 1 - 4) of which any should be fine for use.

Thanks didn't work in 2 but did in 4. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks didn't work in 2 but did in 4. Cheers
    weird....but result;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Anyone having problems switching between profiles on stbemu pro on the shield since the last update. Have 1 profile that only loads on the second attempt to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Yeah the only problem I have is some retrox games no longer launch, the app needs an update

I'm still having issues with retrox. Games launch but the controller doesn't work and the system hangs. Think my retrox is up to date so not sure what to do

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'm still having issues with retrox. Games launch but the controller doesn't work and the system hangs. Think my retrox is up to date so not sure what to do

Yeah exactly the same for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭xlogo

Does the shield reboot itself after a set period of time and if so how can I adjust the timing?

xlogo wrote: »
    Does the shield reboot itself after a set period of time and if so how can I adjust the timing?

No, it will go to standby and a press of any button brings it out immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭xlogo

No, it will go to standby and a press of any button brings it out immediately

Cheers and can the timeout period be changed?

xlogo wrote: »
    Cheers and can the timeout period be changed?

Yes, in screensaver settings. set it to never go to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Why never sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭habanerocat

Hot fix out just installed it home launcher back. Need to sign up for it

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPDe7maEmGtmIfpC4sXQtzOCocC-3HRrB5gr2jr481qdATbg/viewform

Why do you need to sign up?

Why do you need to sign up?

You need to sign up the the beta updates that are not released to the general public much the same as the beta or testing updates of apps on the play store

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Does anybody had an issue with the rte player app on the shield?

It plays fine but if I try to play it later on or the next day all I get is a black screen with an upside down android logo in the top left corner and I have to reinstall the app to use it again.

It's happening on all 3 of my shields

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Does anybody have an issue with the rte player app on the shield?

It plays fine but if I try to play it later on or the next day all I get is a black screen with an upside down android logo in the top left corner and I have to reinstall the app to use it again.

It's happening on all 3 of my shields

Advertisement