Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Got hit with this yesterday, ensure you’ve spare batteries around for the controller. They’re meant to last a year, mine lasted not even half that.

Luckily had some we picked up from Lild at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Mag box doesn’t come close to a shield
    It’s like saying tesco value coke is the same as Coca Cola
    I kept the mag 256 for 2 weeks never again

Where did I say a Mag box did come close to a Shield? only mentioned it as I had set up one about an hour earlier.

If you want a box for IPTV and nothing else a MAG is a good job.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Doom 3:BFG (included 1 and 2) is only €2.59 on the play store at the moment, my Shield is now joining my Steam account full of sh1te I'll never play but got because it was a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Clareman wrote: »
    Doom 3:BFG (included 1 and 2) is only €2.59 on the play store at the moment, my Shield is now joining my Steam account full of sh1te I'll never play but got because it was a great deal

Damn you, just bought it with no real intention of playing :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

nedd wrote: »
    Damn you, just bought it with no real intention of playing :-)

I bought RetroX and got over 6k games (open source of course) and had great intention of playing LOADS of games, ffs I even bought a controller. Never used of course :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So apparently Nvidia Geforce Now is currently free.. I wouldn't know as I'm still in my free month. Worth trying!

1vtl_Cf_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

For those of you that have the nvidia tablet how long are you getting out of the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

For those of you that have the nvidia tablet how long are you getting out of the battery?

A few days,think 5 last week,I use the joy pad thingy ,don't play games ,just use it for TV, Netflix etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

has anyone got a shield from the warehouse deals on amazon - wondering if the condition is generally ok?

Just to update I got one for 150, not even advertised as very good, just good. The thing is 100% perfect. Would definitely recommend to save a few bucks going this route again in the future.

Just to update I got one for 150, not even advertised as very good, just good. The thing is 100% perfect. Would definitely recommend to save a few bucks going this route again in the future.
    I'm buying probably 2 or 3 Warehouse Items a month... only once had an issue with one, and simply posted it back and Amazon refunded me the postage - and accidentally a bit more as I think they refunded me in sterling. Can't recommend Warehouse Deals enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Basq wrote: »
    So apparently Nvidia Geforce Now is currently free.. I wouldn't know as I'm still in my free month. Worth trying!

1vtl_Cf_L.jpg

How does one get this for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

cronos wrote: »
    How does one get this for free?

Just sign up, I did last night after seeing the above. Played some sniper game until stupid o'clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Basq wrote: »

1vtl_Cf_L.jpg

As someone who previously was a paying subscriber, how might this affect me I wonder?

As someone who previously was a paying subscriber, how might this affect me I wonder?
    Details are sketchy to be honest.. I opted into trial after April 30th so don't know how it affects me when the trial ends either! :D

So it looks like the game streaming service is free for the time being. You can log in and play all of the games that were included as part of subscription. Not a great selection but for free there are some good games to play.

I previously subscribed and bought The Witcher 3. Played it for over 80 hours so the streaming works very well. Some lag at times but very playable.

Isn’t that what basq posted already ?

I was giving additional information. Thanks for your helpful input.

Touché

Damn you!

This turned into the worst internet argument ever. Normally these sort of exchanges go back and forth for hours constantly escalating until a Mod has to intervene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

The Nvidia Shield has the capability to stream your gameplay on Twitch. All you have to do is, long press the Home button, then you will see 3 options ( Record, Broadcast, and Screenshot ). Select the Broadcast option and the Twitch Application will start up, and your on your way.

>If you don’t have a Twitch account, make sure you create one in order to use this feature<

Who'd want to do that?

I know theirs loads at it and even more loads watching but they're all ejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

nedd wrote: »
    Damn you!

This turned into the worst internet argument ever. Normally these sort of exchanges go back and forth for hours constantly escalating until a Mod has to intervene.

I even made Popcorn :/
    Total waste!

more for the younger generation lol
    My nephew once watched people play Minecraft on YouTube for 3 hours... the younger generation are idiots!

• Advertisement

You can now move the Plex Media Server data to external storage. I just did it and all working OK.

I've just discovered GeForce Now, will someone please tell my wife and kids that I love them as I don't think I'll ever have time for them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Clareman wrote: »
    I've just discovered GeForce Now, will someone please tell my wife and kids that I love them as I don't think I'll ever have time for them again.

It's limited to 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was going to get it for the weekend
    Hardly worth it for four hours, thanks for the heads up horse

It's 4 hrs per session, you can save progress and play again in a new session.

As a;ready said per session, not sure how long that logs you out for

As a;ready said per session, not sure how long that logs you out for

Enough time for a shower, eat something and some quality time with the family, perfect :pac::pac::pac:

Also, its free!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement