Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have 2 enigma2 boxes too and a shield. can I use the 2 enigma boxes with the shield

Yes, setup the openwebif plugin on the enigma boxes and they'll be available to any device on your Lan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Yes, setup the openwebif plugin on the enigma boxes and they'll be available to any device on your Lan

HHB has it spot on.
    Obenwebif setup on the Vu and then next steps depend on what IPTV app you use.
    Kodi is just turning on the Vu+ plugun and adding the box IP and selected bouquet.
    It will populate the channel list with epg and all.
    Other optuons are available tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

OK my shield is my main box and thinking of putting my e2 box in kitchen. It has openweif installed and shield has stbemu for iptv.what do I need to do thanks

OK my shield is my main box and thinking of putting my e2 box in kitchen. It has openweif installed and shield has stbemu for iptv.what do I need to do thanks

Don't use StbEMU. Use Dream player

Can u watch 2 different channels tho

• Advertisement

I dont use STBemu so cant advise on how to add it to that.

For Simple IPTV, you open vu WebIF and select the bouquet you want to add.
    The web address generated can then be added to Simple IPTV as the source list. Dream Player set up is similar.
    I'd assume that STBemu the process is similar with an added step for any needed MAC address.

Can u watch 2 different channels tho

Depends on how many tuners your enigma box has and if they're being used at the time

banie01 wrote: »
    I dont use STBemu so cant advise on how to add it to that.

For Simple IPTV, you open vu WebIF and select the bouquet you want to add.
    The web address generated can then be added to Simple IPTV as the source list. Dream Player set up is similar.
    I'd assume that STBemu the process is similar with an added step for any needed MAC address.

I must try this tomorrow as I hate not having any use for them. So just to get this right I need to stop using stbemu on my shield and use Dream player or similar and use openwebif on e2 boxes to stream to those boxes

Depends on how many tuners your enigma box has and if they're being used at the time

Dual tuners

Pretty much, twin tuner boxes by default will allow watch and stream of 2 seperate channels.
    Single tuner boxes its 1 channel and there is an option in the setups to set the box to switch to the channel called by the shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bored2018

Wow, we thought our one we're using (Perfect Player) was the only option for loading our channels into as that's what the 1st provider told us but nice to know we can add through different ones like mentioned here :)

Pretty much, twin tuner boxes by default will allow watch and stream of 2 seperate channels.
    Single tuner boxes its 1 channel and there is an option in the setups to set the box to switch to the channel called by the shield.

OK will try it out and see. Thanks guys for help. Hope it's easy as it sounds lol

Bored2018 wrote: »
    Wow, we thought our one we're using (Perfect Player) was the only option for loading our channels into as that's what the 1st provider told us but nice to know we can add through different ones like mentioned here :)

There are loads of options for IPTV,
    Kodi, Plex, Perfect Player, Dream Player STBemu and loads more.
    Plex is very popular but my own setup is via Kodi.
    I have a NAS setup along with the networked tuners and from a personal standpoint I just like the way my setup runs.
    With shield/media boxes everyone has a preffered setup and some hate Kodi, others hate Plex and so on.
    Its about finding what works best for you.

I have a NAS setup along with the networked tuners and from a personal standpoint I just like the way my setup runs.
    With shield/media boxes everyone has a preffered setup and some hate Kodi, others hate Plex and so on.

Which option would u go with

Wow, it sounds very complex. We only have ours a few weeks s we're still kind of getting used to them but seems very technical for us. I like the gaming features a lot as it has all old classic games on it from ps1 ps2 n64 etc.... Amazing how fast technology is moving

Which option would u go with

Already said above.

Already said above.

Don't like kodi. Don't find it as good as once was so only really using it for plex on a wetek box which runs great.

We were told when buying to never look past android from the crowd we bought from. Not sure how right that is but must say things have been more than great since we bought 2 different boxes from them and have been very helpful with our newbie questions. A t95z plus & x96mini. Both have been great so far to be fair but nice to know we have alternatives to load our subscription into if we ever want to change things up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bored2018 wrote: »
    Perfect player is good though

Could some kind soul PM me a good IPTV provider to use with STB Emu please? It has to be MAG200 or MAG something or other doesn't it?

Sorted thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

OmegaGene wrote: »

Just picked up another 1 for the spare TV, brilliant piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

What's everyone's favoured memory-expansion solution?

Have people tended to format an external drive as internal storage, or do they prefer to leave as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

1. I was experiencing lag with TV controller (slow scrolling mainly) despite message that batteries were good. Changed them anyway (CR2032 x 2) and all is perf3ct again.

2. Want US or Canadian Netflix?. Have a look at VPN unlimited. Easily installed, literally 2 clicks and you’re in. I picked up a lifetime 5 device membership last year for 20€ during BF. Might have to pay a bit more now but definitely worth considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

corwill wrote: »
    What's everyone's favoured memory-expansion solution?

Have people tended to format an external drive as internal storage, or do they prefer to leave as is?

I bought an ssd and have it formatted as internal storage. It works fine apart from when i try to download big games from the store they always fail. Things like Portal.

I might need to unmoving it and format it again.

For small games and media it works no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

1 DVB T2 Tuner and 1 DVB-S Tuner, is that what this will take? Anybody doing it? Link to Tuners?

Can you record live TV aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Kuva wrote: »
    1 DVB T2 Tuner and 1 DVB-S Tuner, is that what this will take? Anybody doing it? Link to Tuners?

Can you record live TV aswell?

Wrong thread dude. You need to check out sat forum

• Registered Users Posts: 13 intoDwest

Thanks..............That would appear to be what i am looking for. Thanks to everyone on this thread, really useful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

I use stbemu for iptv with catchup. Can dream player do that? Also can it do subtitles? What are the other benefits?

• Advertisement

I use stbemu for iptv with catchup. Can dream player do that? Also can it do subtitles? What are the other benefits?

Ffs, read the thread, don't just skim over it. I was referring to using the Dream player app just to connect an Enigma 2 satellite box to your Shield to play channels from your local satellite box. I use StbEMU myself for IPTV.

Advertisement