Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar lumens ring a bell from years ago? They are actually worth something now.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭uli84

The token they gave me for confirming upgrade process isn’t working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Anybody know where the best place to buy some of these so I can make my first ever investment apart from hoarding old video games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

iHungry wrote: »
    Anybody know where the best place to buy some of these so I can make my first ever investment apart from hoarding old video games ;)

we all got them for free, I'm not sure I'd recommend putting your own money into them over other investment options. Anyway, there's a whole Cryptocurrency forum here:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hsiecjshjsvss

If anyone is looking to sell some lumens, I would be willing to do a bank transfer with them. I'm on the same boat as most of you in that I got 900 free lumens a few years ago and I'm looking to invest more. PM me if your interested :)
    Just realised how dodgy my username is on this haha. Haven't been active in 5 years on boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

€0.570368 EUR (37.60%)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

reni10 wrote: »
    Yeah my balance is 0 but I never touched them and no secret key so can't upgrade!

I fired off an email to support on it but not holding out much hope.

Anyone else get it sorted out when they had 0?

So if you see the 0 str screen with blank secret key then your lumens are lost? I assumed they were still there and would reappear once you upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Has anyone checked out the waitlist groups on the stellar site? I think I may have been part of group four, which means I should have received 4000 lumens. Maybe something else was required to actually get them, some people are saying they kept upgrading their subscription via emails. I can’t see my account history properly since upgrading to the new site on stellar, so it’s hard to work out!

https://web.archive.org/web/20150321184958/https://stellartalk.org/topic/1859-waitlist-groups/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

$0.742213

$0.824435

up up up

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stpauli

0.8181 now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No need to keep updating, thanks.

My broker is selling at $35.00

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

No need to keep updating, thanks.

My broker is selling at $35.00

When do you think your broker will be selling them for $35?

at $20 stellar's market cap would be more than bitcoin was at $20,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Hi folks

Finally logged in and have 500 odd stellar but am afraid to upgrade in case I "lose" em like some others have. Is there anything I need to do to make sure I don't get my balance set to 0? Or is it the case that it's either just going to happen or it's not?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

what's the quickest site to set up on to trade XLM at the moment. Kraken is killing me as it's getting hammered right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭opus

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Finally logged in and have 500 odd stellar but am afraid to upgrade in case I "lose" em like some others have. Is there anything I need to do to make sure I don't get my balance set to 0? Or is it the case that it's either just going to happen or it's not?

I was getting that zero balance thing but eventually (after the account upgrade) it finally says that I've 900.999975 lumens in my wallet.

First time I've acted on a BA post where it didn't involve me spending money :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

opus wrote: »
    I was getting that zero balance thing but eventually (after the account upgrade) it finally says that I've 900.999975 lumens in my wallet.

We still won't break even overall though!

lordgoat wrote: »
    We still won't break even overall though!

Let's not speak too soon, I've ready that some of those crypto-currencies have increased in value by 30,000% last year! (ok that may be wishful thinking on my part :pac:)

lordgoat wrote: »
    what's the quickest site to set up on to trade XLM at the moment. Kraken is killing me as it's getting hammered right now.

Binance trades XLM for Ethereum and Bitcoin.

It is fairly easy to get set up on Binance (I managed it!) and they seem to be coping well with the increased numbers of users lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Binance trades XLM for Ethereum and Bitcoin.

It is fairly easy to get set up on Binance (I managed it!) and they seem to be coping well with the increased numbers of users lately.

Do you have to send a copy of passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Synode wrote: »
    Do you have to send a copy of passport?

If you want to trade over 2 bitcoins a day, then yes.

Crypto only - no regular currency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow, completely forgot about this. 500 lumens in my account, nice!

Edit:

hqdefault.jpg

Hmm. After a forced PC restart by the network, I know now my username and pass but not my secret key - which appears to be imperative and unrecoverable. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

How long did it take for your Lumens to show up?

Did you have to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

maximoose wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Hmm. After a forced PC restart by the network, I know now my username and pass but not my secret key - which appears to be imperative and unrecoverable. Wonderful.

same thing here, never copied my secret code, thought you only needed it once to log in, sickened!

easy come, easy go

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

When do you think your broker will be selling them for $35?

at $20 stellar's market cap would be more than bitcoin was at $20,000
    Yep, and if you factor in how the market seems to be spreading out, it's unlikely it'd hit that level unless this bubble reaches unheard levels of delusion (speaking as someone who has actually paid for these things).

Stellar looks set to rise through January due to some stuff they're rolling out, decent chance it'll level out then as some new thing because the hot property to surge into the top 10 most popular coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭uli84

big thanks to long_b for sending me some lumens

I had 900 stellar and now successfully upgraded to lumens but my lumens balance is 0

any ideas guys on how to get my lumens?

did you get that sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

uli84 wrote: »
    did you get that sorted?

No Mate, balance is still 0 Lumens even though when I log Onto the legacy site it says I had 900 stellar

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Savage, finally logged in and ive 600 now converted. fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Converted, all info copied and saved, stellars are now showing as lumens. Happy days! Now to obsess over this for months and pray it does a bitcoin. I might start wearing those blue shirts with a white collar, and suspenders.

How long did it take for your Lumens to show up?

Did you have to do anything?

So they weren't showing up for me in Chrome where I'd done the upgrade thing so I fired up Firefox, stuck in the secret key & there they were. Had a look at home as well last night & they were still there.

• Advertisement

Its a bit shit for the people who lost their Secret Key after upgrading.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement