Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies with short hair, do ye guys find it attractive??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I tend to like girls with short hair, often if a girl has long hair I think she'll look prettier with it pulled back in a ponytail

My ex used to say that too. Probably because I tie it up so rarely that it was something of a novelty and he thought it drew attention to my face.

Personally I think short, healthy, shiny hair is far more attractive than those ratty, scraggly hair extensions that so women insist on wearing these days, never saw the draw of them. Or just dull, poorly maintained long hair that's damaged and full of split ends. Long hair can be less effort to style, but way, way more time and money to keep shiny and healthy. I've got medium length hair that's ridiculously thick and unruly and spend a disturbing fraction of my disposable income on blowdries and conditioning treatments and products and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yes I like short hair on a girl. It can really accentuate the face. Just look at the lovely face on this girl.

Cnnx20V.jpg

I'd say her face was probably the last place all the straight men on the thread were looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Stheno wrote: »
    I disagree

Women with short hair need good bone structure as opposed to good looks

Ah in my mind that’s pretty much the same thing. I’ve never once said “Jaysus, look at the bone structure on her.”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Personally I prefer shoulder length or longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Went on a few dates with a girl when she had long hair, thought she was hot as hell and was delighted with myself, she recently cut it pretty short and now she looks like a man and now I don't know what to think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Winona Ryder :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

siblers wrote: »
    Went on a few dates with a girl when she had long hair, thought she was hot as hell and was delighted with myself, she recently cut it pretty short and now she looks like a man and now I don't know what to think

I would think your attraction to women is mostly based on their hair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Louise Wener :D

Bad quality video but stunning woman

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Short hair all the way.

Can’t believe people were taking swipes at Scarlett earlier.

10a0459de9a28a8eed574148ae012122.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Short hair all the way.

She’s always been a bit of a controversial sex symbol. Some men never really liked her and maybe the short hair confirms that for them.

I mean, Natalie Portman still looked exquisite with a shaved head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Depends on the woman in question.
    Facial appearance, body type etc comes into it.
    Not to sound like a cûnt but if she is short and tilting a long way towards the heavy side it won't suit her for attractiveness unless she is a lesbian. Again no offence.
    If she is attractive face and body wise she can pull it off a lot better towards the attraction of men. Especially if she has tattoos. Etc.
    Again no offence to my post. Just being honest.

Surely it depends on the style?

Like, a bob cut kinda says "boring, safe", whereas that gamine pixie look is daring...but the woman has to be very good looking to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

_Dara_ wrote: »
    She’s always been a bit of a controversial sex symbol. Some men never really liked her and maybe the short hair confirms that for them.

I mean, Natalie Portman still looked exquisite with a shaved head!

Another good example. Really hides her 5 head.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Carey Mulligan is a great example of a face working really well with short hair imo

Irene_(Drive).jpg?w=900&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Rose Namajunas is a good example of hair cuts gone wrong. She was so stunning with her long hair and then boom she shaves her head and resembles an 8 year old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Short hair all the way.

da-vinci-series-582-pure-badger-hair-mottler-flat-paintbrush-size-20_24001408.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Definitely not. Very few women can carry it off and it has the unfortunate effect of making most other women look less attractive.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,103 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Rose Namajunas is a good example of hair cuts gone wrong. She was so stunning with her long hair and then boom she shaves her head and resembles an 8 year old boy.

Very few women can pull off a crew cut.

https://goo.gl/images/GF7Wsu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I think women with delicate features suit short hair the best. Sinead O Connor is a perfect example. Otherwise it can look pretty butch. And some guys like pulling your long hair when they are intimately engaging with you. Or so I heard.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd have to agree with the majority. In general it's a lot less attractive than longer hair and there's only a minority who can carry it off.

It's even more annoying if they previously had lovely long hair and chopped it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

cantdecide wrote: »
    da-vinci-series-582-pure-badger-hair-mottler-flat-paintbrush-size-20_24001408.jpeg

Personally, I think Scarlet looks stunning - short or long hair - but this was funny as ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Depends on bone structure and weight, etc. But generally speaking I think it's a sexy look when done right. Sharleen Spiteri looked amazing most of the nineties. In the process, once again, of growing mine longer, just to try it... but I'll probably get bored. I definitely looked better with cute bobbed haircuts anyhow.

As for men: I prefer men with long hair and good beard helps too - The latest Thor movie was particularly traumatizing for me and my friend. I even found myself disliking Goldblum for his role in the massacre - something I thought was impossible: me disliking Goldblum, even a little...

Also, buzz cuts are ugly on any gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

JayZeus wrote: »
    You mean, the women who speak clearly, drive a nice car, show a little taste, get their hair done, look after themselves and so on? Sounds attractive, generally speaking.

Versus the middle aged short haired tomboy with dirt under her chewed down fingernail stumps, speaking like they're trying to swallow a bite of a sod and maintaining a belly that would make Santa look like he was winning the dieting game? The same kind of things with arms like chicken wings who insist on wearing open toed sandals in the summer, despite their grotesquely deformed feet? Short hair is the least of their problems.

No no. It’s an acquired look. Copped from royalty. Plenty of well presented short haired older women. The majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Can’t find the link but there’s a video knocking around on social media of some random “look at me” woman shaving her hair and totally “omg!” after it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I'm a big haired voluptuous type. Twice in my life I had to have short hair (not by choice). I became instantly invisible to men it seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Katgurl wrote: »
    I'm a big haired voluptuous type. Twice in my life I had to have short hair (not by choice). I became instantly invisible to men it seemed.

I had to shave my hair off to like a centimeter because a hair colour experiment went terribly wrong.
    My hair was constantly topic, especially men couldn't stop telling me how awful it was, yet they wouldn't stop contacting me.

No idea what all of that was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Pixie Cut... high risk strategy but when it works... I've seen this actress (Ezri Dax from Star Trek) with long hair, and she's made the right choice:

250px-EzriDax.jpg

I think you're wrong.

Nicole_de_boer_LFCC2015.jpg

She's beautiful in both pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Suits shorter women. My gf isn't even 5 feet tall. If she grows her hair long it kinda drags her down and makes her look like cousin it.
    Shorter hair suits her and women with her build shows off the neck and shoulders and im a sucker for a graxeful neck line.The pixie cut is practically named for that body type.

As for men with long hair. Again only really suits a certain build. If your slim and narrow like me you'll just get mistaken for a girl or it'll make you look stick thin because of how it frames your body. Big boned men with extra broad shoulders are hot as **** with long hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

no it's just not feminine in my opinion, ok for older ladies but not young.
    I also think long hair on guys looks wrong too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

It also really depends on the hair structure. Some women have such fine hair and many of them when they grow long hair it will turn out very feathery and that supports a really flat look. My mother has hair like that and she can't really let it grow too long. My sister's is slightly better but to fulfill the dream of long hair she regularly has to spend a huge amount of money on high quality extensions, otherwise it would look pretty patchy.

Advertisement