Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies with short hair, do ye guys find it attractive??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I've never seen a woman with short hair who, in my opinion, wouldn't look better with long(er) hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Love a longish pixie cut. The most beautiful woman I personally know has a pixie cut.

Saying that, a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, long hair or short.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Yes. I do find it very attractive.

I mean short hair as in nearly boyish hair and not just woman that could have long hair but have it shortened.

A beautiful young french woman recently asked me directions at Dublin airport with the hair I describe,, along with a classy french accent, cool dress sense (not an actual dress type girl ?) And she seemed genuinely sweet caring type person aswell as being incredibly polite and cute..

I was sold withing the first minute

Was she buyin’ though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Pixie Cut... high risk strategy but when it works... I've seen this actress (Ezri Dax from Star Trek) with long hair, and she's made the right choice:

250px-EzriDax.jpg

The pixie cut works but only with pixie type features.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Short hair works well on some women who have the right shaped face to carry it off well.

But would we be having this discussion about men with long hair?

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Short hair works well on some women who have the right shaped face to carry it off well.

I’m sure we could. Most men don’t carry off long hair very well, certainly not after the first flush of youth, but some do. They kind of guys who can look good in fantasy. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Viggo mortensen for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Why, do you have an opinion on the subject or are you trying to make a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Are you implying people do not discuss mens hair like they do women's? Ive heard lots of women discuss and comment on long hair on men

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Never found her attractive with long hair but Katy Perry with short hair in the video for “Swish Swish” does things to me. Can’t post a pic as I’m on the phone but have a look if you haven’t seen it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, it seems that we are very culturally conditioned to prefer long hair on women and short hair on men. Some men look good with long hair and some women look good with their hair short.

It’s a matter of taste I suppose...

• Advertisement

Some women look great with short hair. They are the exception to the rule. Most just end up looking like some sort of effeminate fat young man.

Add heavy lipstick, oversized glasses, a checked shirt and some hideous jeans and converse to complete the look if your intent is to signal that you’re not interested in attracting a male partner. Throw in a where’s wally beanie for that belt and braces degree of certainty. Blue dye is the next level FO measure, it would appear.

There are few exceptions to this IMHO, mainly for unusually attractive women on one hand or older women on the other.

Honest answer but I imagine a few people are having trouble with twitch-eye reading that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Currently trying to bang a bird with a shaved head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

ardinn wrote: »

I know it was once your happy place but you can't just climb back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

ardinn wrote: »

turkey_vulture_mike_gabelmann-450.jpg

Well, it seems that we are very culturally conditioned to prefer long hair on women and short hair on men. Some men look good with long hair and some women look good with their hair short.

It’s a matter of taste I suppose...

Nothing to do with "cultural conditioning". Nobody conditioned me ( and most men) to prefer long hair, there are plenty of famous women actors with both. Theres no campaign here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Since I live here I've seen very little women with short hair. Especially young teenage girls seem to have insanely long hair that in a lot of cases do not look very well looked after.
    I love having short hair though, I have a lot of hair on my head and if I'd let them grow they would be really heavy and are a nightmare to take care of. I cut my hair from waist-long to Pixie and I never regretted it and the longest I'd let it go is to the bottom of my neck, but I'm thinking of going for a short hair-cut again, like Kristen Stewart-short.

I know my man loves me having my hair on the shorter side and would fully support me getting a pixie-cut again.

I also find it incredibly attractive on women, because a lot of women that have short hair look so much cleaner and fresher and don't hide behind a default mob when they don't do what to do with their hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I think we should just comment on people who are still alive.

Since Monroe didn't have short hair. We won't be commenting on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if the woman is under 35 its not going to make her look more attractive. Scarlett Johansson became forgettable after she chopped her hair.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

silverharp wrote: »
    if the woman is under 35 its not going to make her look more attractive. Scarlett Johansson became forgettable after she chopped her hair.

Scarlett Johansson is an odd case, it made her look 10 years older because she didn't get the haircut suiting her face really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Nothing to do with "cultural conditioning". Nobody conditioned me ( and most men) to prefer long hair, there are plenty of famous women actors with both. Theres no campaign here.

Any cultural conditioning going on at the moment is to get men to find fat old lesbians attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Honestly depends on the person. It can suit different face shapes etc. It can look sexy or you can look like a pixie, its entirely up to yourself.

I definitely prefer long hair. Long dark straight shiny hair that you tend to find on Spanish / Italian / Indian women or a particular type of thick dark long curls which some Irish women have I find especially attractive. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It can look incredible on some women. I feel you need to have quite elfin features to pull it off, like Mia Farrow..

9c5e5d21fb6d6bf4ad66a569f35080c9--mia-farrow-pixie-pixie-hair.jpg

Frankie from The Saturdays

8a0a4230dcdfa8c91551f0dc4ef2634e--frankie-sandford-hair-breaking-dawn.jpg

But, it can go wrong. And as it turns out, Katie Perry is actually quite average looking.

8700c2d86f3df1f0a233e3b36e2e0254.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Perry looks like a boy.

The other two look ok.

anna080 wrote: »
    It can look incredible on some women. I feel you need to have quite elfin features to pull it off, like Mia Farrow..

9c5e5d21fb6d6bf4ad66a569f35080c9--mia-farrow-pixie-pixie-hair.jpg

Frankie from The Saturdays

8a0a4230dcdfa8c91551f0dc4ef2634e--frankie-sandford-hair-breaking-dawn.jpg

But, it can go wrong. And as it turns out, Katie Perry is actually quite average looking.

8700c2d86f3df1f0a233e3b36e2e0254.jpg

Nope ... not for me. A woman has to be really really beautiful to pull it off for me. Maybe it has something to do with me having no hair myself .... would explain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wouldn't be the biggest fan of short hair myself but it depends on the womans features.

Emma Willis is amazingly beautiful with short hair. Winona Rider back in the day. Morena Baccarin, Charlize Theron - all stunners with school boy haircuts!

And K Stew - forgot about her, she's hot long or short!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

God no, be like kissing a boy.

Once women hit their mid-late 40's they kind of have to cut their hair shorter. Keep it long while you can ladies.

Big Nasty wrote: »

Once women hit their mid-late 40's they kind of have to cut their hair shorter. Keep it long while you can ladies.

Do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Do they?

I'm sure some women in their 50's can carry it off but the majority of women 50+ with long hair (i'm talking past the shoulders here) look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Before you go getting butt hurt I'm a lover of long hair.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Perry looks like a boy.

The other two look ok.

She always looked like Ronnie O'Sullivan to me. I still think she's hot, regardless of her hair do.

Advertisement