Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies with short hair, do ye guys find it attractive??

Options
  • 17-12-2017 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Just a general musing :D question for the men out there. What are your thoughts on girls with short haircuts.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Yes. I do find it very attractive.

I mean short hair as in nearly boyish hair and not just woman that could have long hair but have it shortened.

A beautiful young french woman recently asked me directions at Dublin airport with the hair I describe,, along with a classy french accent, cool dress sense (not an actual dress type girl ?) And she seemed genuinely sweet caring type person aswell as being incredibly polite and cute..

I was sold withing the first minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

bobsman wrote: »
    Just a general musing :D question for the men out there. What are your thoughts on girls with short haircuts.

Brazilan does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Incredibly attractive.

Yes. I do find it very attractive.

I mean short hair as in nearly boyish hair and not just woman that could have long hair but have it shortened.

A beautiful young french woman recently asked me directions at Dublin airport with the hair I describe,, along with a classy french accent, cool dress sense (not an actual dress type girl ?) And she seemed genuinely sweet caring type person aswell as being incredibly polite and cute..

I was sold withing the first minute

So if the girl was ugly but still have short hair you'd be sold too?
    Not really. I would imagine the majority of men don't care about hair or clothes on women as much as women think they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Depends who the female is.

Miley Cyrus - yes.

Mo Mowlam - no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I find it extremely attractive to the point where I would prefer a girl with short hair. It's so sexy and seems to show off either some sort of issues (meaning she is kinky) or lots of confidence which is of course attractive in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

In general much less attractive than long hair. Penny from the Big Bang Theory par example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

So if the girl was ugly but still have short hair you'd be sold too?
    Not really. I would imagine the majority of men don't care about hair or clothes on women as much as women think they do.

I did say she looked very cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I love short hair on a woman. Not easy wear it well. Suits slender women as it fits their proportions better imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I do not find it attractive; much prefer women with longer hair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It depends, but it usually looks better longer. Obviously, the better looking the female, the more likely they'll pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I think a woman has to be very pretty anyway to get away with it.
    Also she'll have to be quite slight/petite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Not at all. The woman has to be very good looking (Sinead O’Connor, Demi Moore) to pull it off.

the better looking the female, the more likely they'll pull it off.

It's been the opposite for me all my life tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No no no no no

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Not at all. The woman has to be very good looking (Sinead O’Connor, Demi Moore) to pull it off.

I disagree

Women with short hair need good bone structure as opposed to good looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭denismc

Some women look stunning with short hair, like Michelle Williams, then again you could put a mop on her head and she would still look great.
    williams-m-image.jpg

What about Emma Willis?
    cbb15_presenters_emmawillis2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm like this when I see a lady with short hair

GrizzledAgitatedIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gif

denismc wrote: »
    Some women look stunning with short hair, like Michelle Williams, then again you could put a mop on her head and she would still look great.

What about Emma Willis?
    https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2013/04/02/09/138850252.jpg

Michelle Williams isn't attractive at all to me, I like her as an actress though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

denismc wrote: »
    williams-m-image.jpg

What about Emma Willis?
    http://stylesweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Emma-Heming-Willis-Short-Boy-Cut-with-Side-Swept-Bangs.jpg

I have very short hair like that and a very thin face
    Long hair makes my face look even thinner and narrower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I think that lady's face is too round to have short hair. That or her bone structure is too neutral.

Just does nothing for me at all. Her coloured hair long and on the shoulder, far better looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Smooth both ends for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

When your used to seeing a girl with long hair and then she chops most of it off and now has it short, I find she's not as attractive, someone quoted Penny from BBT as a great example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Motivator wrote: »
    Depends who the female is.

Miley Cyrus - yes.

Mo Mowlam - no.

I think we should just comment on people who are still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Can somebody please show penny with long and short hair so we can put an end to this madness

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Can somebody please show penny with long and short hair so we can put an end to this madness

It doesn't really matter though does it? Everyone still wants to bang Penny whether she's got short hair or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

4e54aee3-270d-41ee-b351-66c1568fd70f

Now I have to go soak my hands in bleach because I googled something including the words "Big Bang Theory" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pixie Cut... high risk strategy but when it works... I've seen this actress (Ezri Dax from Star Trek) with long hair, and she's made the right choice:

250px-EzriDax.jpg

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Absolutely not

Advertisement