Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies with short hair, do ye guys find it attractive??

Options

Comments

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I'm sure some women in their 50's can carry it off but the majority of women 50+ with long hair (i'm talking past the shoulders here) look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Before you go getting butt hurt I'm a lover of long hair.

I think short hair can look beautiful on some women. As for older women I remember seeing a woman on the train once and she had long white hair. I'd say she was late fifties and was absolutely stunning.

And erm butt hurt? No :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Babe in Limerick/Clare with short hair Sharon O'Brien is hot. She was part of the Riverdance setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I prefer to keep my own hair long because I think it suits me better and I find it easier to manage. Anyone I know who has short hair complains that when they wake up, it's all over the place and really hard to style.

I think it looks lovely short on some women though. I think it was nice on Demi Moore. I also really like men with long hair and curly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She always looked like Ronnie O'Sullivan to me. I still think she's hot, regardless of her hair do.

Now that you mention it she does resemble Ronnie. Interesting.

Similar facial features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I noticed this, and it’s a generalisation. Older women in Ireland, say 50+

Townie ones love the long hair and wearing young wans clothes, even though they’re long on the tooth. (Luv goin 4 beerz wit d girlz, me n my dawtr r frendz really). These townie types can also be the country “townie” types you get.

Country women tend to cut their hair, and have it short.

The women who have the D4 accent, even if they’re from Roscommon or Leitrim, and tend to drive Mercedes or fancy themselves as high society, tend to have long hair, worn in a ponytail, in a certain style, with those pearl type earrings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

In fairness I do think it looks better on most to go shorter when you get over 50's but I think a bob or just above the shoulders is enough if you don't want to go too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Pixie Cut... high risk strategy but when it works... I've seen this actress (Ezri Dax from Star Trek) with long hair, and she's made the right choice:

250px-EzriDax.jpg

That is definitely a video game still or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Big Nasty wrote: »
    God no, be like kissing a boy.

Once women hit their mid-late 40's they kind of have to cut their hair shorter. Keep it long while you can ladies.

Its a bit of a myth ..most women in their 40's have about shoulder length hair and I think that looks good for that age group. Only actual elderly ladies on average have 'short hair' as in same length as a boy's (boy with longish hair..)

seachto7 wrote: »
    ...The women who have the D4 accent, even if they’re from Roscommon or Leitrim, and tend to drive Mercedes or fancy themselves as high society, tend to have long hair, worn in a ponytail, in a certain style, with those pearl type earrings.

You mean, the women who speak clearly, drive a nice car, show a little taste, get their hair done, look after themselves and so on? Sounds attractive, generally speaking.

Versus the middle aged short haired tomboy with dirt under her chewed down fingernail stumps, speaking like they're trying to swallow a bite of a sod and maintaining a belly that would make Santa look like he was winning the dieting game? The same kind of things with arms like chicken wings who insist on wearing open toed sandals in the summer, despite their grotesquely deformed feet? Short hair is the least of their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,850 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd say that I don't like short hair on women for the most part, on their heads that is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Madonna and Sinead O'Connor circa 1989 were beautiful.

For the most part, short hair on a woman doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

JayZeus wrote: »
    You mean, the women who speak clearly, drive a nice car, show a little taste, get their hair done, look after themselves and so on? Sounds attractive, generally speaking.

Versus the middle aged short haired tomboy with dirt under her chewed down fingernail stumps, speaking like they're trying to swallow a bite of a sod and maintaining a belly that would make Santa look like he was winning the dieting game? The same kind of things with arms like chicken wings who insist on wearing open toed sandals in the summer, despite their grotesquely deformed feet? Short hair is the least of their problems.

Well that escalated quickly. I didn’t think a discussion on hair would get so much class warfare.

Well that escalated quickly. I didn’t think a discussion on hair would get so much class warfare.

I don't know why you bother quoting me, seeing as 77 was the one who introduced the generalisation I've decided to embrace.

In any case, class warfare? JFC. SJW much? ;)

I don't know why you bother quoting me, seeing as 77 was the one who introduced the generalisation I've decided to embrace.

In any case, class warfare? JFC. SJW much? ;)

There isn’t a multi quote option on touch. You are both posting over a light hearted thread with your inane bullsh1t.

There isn’t a multi quote option on touch. You are both posting over a light hearted thread with your inane bullsh1t.

Did you upset yourself, pet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

So if the girl was ugly but still have short hair you'd be sold too?
    Not really. I would imagine the majority of men don't care about hair or clothes on women as much as women think they do.

Who is saying anything about it making someone look better? :confused:

The question is "Do you like short hair on women?". I'm sure people will answer by picturing someone they already find attractive with short hair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Who is saying anything about it making someone look better? :confused:

The question is "Do you like short hair on women?". I'm sure people will answer by picturing someone they already find attractive with short hair.

oic

Did you upset yourself, pet?

Clearly not as upset as you were by a mild comment on the look of middle aged Dublin 4 women. Mammy issues, perhaps?

Anyway could you and 77 go to PM and trash it out and stop boring the arses of the rest of us. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I used Tinder a good bit in the last 12 months and I must say I probably swiped left (disliked) the overwhelming majority of women with very short hair. I'm not strongly against short hair but I'm very very fond of long hair and think the ones who can really pull it off are a tiny minority.

I think it's admirable for a woman (or anyone) to balance dressing for their body type as well as dressing to express for their character. I had an ex that always spent next to nothing on clothes but always looked good and I thought highly of her for that.

Clearly not as upset as you were by a mild comment on the look of middle aged Dublin 4 women. Mammy issues, perhaps?

Anyway could you and 77 go to PM and trash it out and stop boring the arses of the rest of us. Thanks.

Take it to PM yourself if you have a problem. Thanks whoring is really boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yes I like short hair on a girl. It can really accentuate the face. Just look at the lovely face on this girl.

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/Cnnx20V.jpg[/img]"]Cnnx20V.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's a funny question - in general, no, I like long, thick hair which you can bury your face in while spooning :D But with a few exceptions, I know a number of women who have switched from short to long hair or from long to short hair and I find myself thinking that they are / were a lot more attractive with it short.

So I guess it's like everything else, what suits one person doesn't necessarily suit another.

Stheno wrote: »
    I disagree

Women with short hair need good bone structure as opposed to good looks

A woman with good bone structure is likely to be better-looking than most. The two are pretty mutually-inclusive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I tend to like girls with short hair, often if a girl has long hair I think she'll look prettier with it pulled back in a ponytail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

A beautiful young french woman recently asked me directions at Dublin airport ....And she seemed genuinely sweet caring type person aswell as being incredibly polite and cute..

You got all this from her asking you directions?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,252 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Definitely like a short haired girl.
    Mainly because it takes confidence to pull it off, and confidence is a turn on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You got all this from her asking you directions?

She obviously cared about getting to where she needed to be.

Pity she she got stuck waiting on Walter Mitty...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Very attractive, great cheekbones, slim, can carry off short hair well

For females of the mere mortal variety, long hair is a plus and can turn a 5/6 into a 7/8

TBH, this applies to men too. I got a no1 years ago and my new nickname in school was "fathead"

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I prefer to keep my own hair long because I think it suits me better and I find it easier to manage. Anyone I know who has short hair complains that when they wake up, it's all over the place and really hard to style.

Feck no. When my hair was short, it was the easiest it was ever was to style. Two seconds with a brush, done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No matter what it’s just part of a whole package.

No chance in getting going over short hair on some slapper skanger!!

Advertisement