Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Beersmith wrote: »
    This Dean Barry chap seems like a tool. I see in that thread he is telling someone that their opinion is nothing as they aren't a fighter. This is the same lad who is an open anti vaxxer. Hi Dean can you show me your PhD in immunology there? Probably a good idea he doesn't take any extra hits to the head in sparring.

Dean and that other someone 'Paul Fogarty' would know each other. Paul runs One Hit Management and manages a lot of the fighters from Owen's gym as well as training BJJ there. Dean also trains from Owen's gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Dean and that other someone 'Paul Fogarty' would know each other. Paul runs One Hit Management and manages a lot of the fighters from Owen's gym as well as training BJJ there. Dean also trains from Owen's gym.

That’s an absolute cockhead response if they know each other.
    Where’s all his videos of his hard grappling rounds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I always thought Sean O'Malley was a bit of a tool. Didn't think he was this big of one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I always thought Sean O'Malley was a bit of a tool. Didn't think he was this big of one though.

Should there be something for us to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Tazzimus wrote: »

Clip from his podcast where he talks about the possibility trying heroin but that he said " I wont get addicted to something that'll ruin my life, I'm not fking stupid"

They then go on to talk with casey kenney who's fighting dominic cruz soon about would they hook up with megan anderson with kenney saying no she's a 4amer/5amer and shed piggy back him to the bedroom.

Clowns

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/UFC_Obsessed/status/1354824103937544195?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bisping has also been a kickboxer and has trained for most of his life, so his boxing would be pretty good. You don't forget that amount of training easily, plus he's probably done some form of training since retirement, even if it's not full on camps anymore.

Bisping would destroy Jake Paul.

Now fair enough I am playing devil's advocate but didn't Artem beat paulie a former champ in bare knuckle. Its all about the specific sport.

Would a 42 year old bisping put in the work and train for it? Knock out Ben and call out Bisping for a quick turnaround so he looks soft if he says be needs more time for a camp? After all the talk he could hardly put off fighting a YouTuber because he needs a full camp.

Obviously in any other fight bisping slaps the **** out off him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Carroller wrote: »
    They then go on to talk with casey kenney who's fighting dominic cruz soon about would they hook up with megan anderson with kenney saying no she's a 4amer/5amer and shed piggy back him to the bedroom.

Clowns

Caught the stuff about Meagan Anderson after she tweeted about it.

I used to pull for O'Malley but him and his trainer showed themselves to be morons in that clip. How they thought it appropriate to ask what they asked, and how they asked it, is beyond me.

"Would you smash Meagan Anderson?"

Going on like 13 year olds.

And Kenney's dumb for answering too!

The saltyness after his loss to Vera was bad enough in the first place.

F*ck Sean O'Malley!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Clip from his podcast where he talks about the possibility trying heroin but that he said " I wont get addicted to something that'll ruin my life, I'm not fking stupid"

Clowns

I don't like SOM but he said he wouldn't take heroin, what is the issue there?
    Also he didn't ask any megan it was the other guy!

Clowns

Ah I thought there was something else.
    Seen that, Casey lad is an absolute moron, and then trying to back peddle after being called out on it.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Now fair enough I am playing devil's advocate but didn't Artem beat paulie a former champ in bare knuckle. Its all about the specific sport.

Would a 42 year old bisping put in the work and train for it? Knock out Ben and call out Bisping for a quick turnaround so he looks soft if he says be needs more time for a camp? After all the talk he could hardly put off fighting a YouTuber because he needs a full camp.

Paulie would break his hands making a fist, he's not a good example.

Bisping is still in decent shape so I imagine he hasn't given it up completely. He has vastly more experience than the other clown as well, he'd wreck him.

Beersmith wrote: »
    I don't like SOM but he said he wouldn't take heroin, what is the issue there?
    Also he didn't ask any megan it was the other guy!

They aren't talking about it like that. He says "why not try it?" And then states he wouldn't get addicted to it. As in he wouldn't be affected by it. The conversation stems from a doctor that was on JRE who is apparently a healthy middle aged functional heroin user.

If you listen to the 10 or 15 minutes of it they talk about a wide variety of drugs and what they've tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

They aren't talking about it like that. He says "why not try it?" And then states he wouldn't get addicted to it. As in he wouldn't be affected by it. The conversation stems from a doctor that was on JRE who is apparently a healthy middle aged functional heroin user.

If you listen to the 10 or 15 minutes of it they talk about a wide variety of drugs and what they've tried.

Which jre podcast is that I'd like to give it a watch?

At one point he talks about people being "too pussy" to try it.

Wonder if he'll get moved off the card that Anderson is on in March.

Seems to be trying to out-Schaub Schaub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Obviously going a bit off this specific topic but there was a guy on Reddit made a big AMA about how he just tried Heroin and liked it but wasn't going to do it again because he didn''t want to get any deeper into it.

He ended up becoming a junkie and almost losing everything (including his life), it's mind-blowing to go back between where he started, went, and ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Homelander wrote: »
    Obviously going a bit off this specific topic but there was a guy on Reddit made a big AMA about how he just tried Heroin and liked it but wasn't going to do it again because he didn''t want to get any deeper into it.

He ended up becoming a junkie and almost losing everything (including his life), it's mind-blowing to go back between where he started, went, and ended up.
    Do you have a link?
    Sounds interesting.

Which jre podcast is that I'd like to give it a watch?

I don't really listen to Joe Rogan but Im sure it's this one

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4xMbq7gLEjFioOQ5gpSw2l?si=6aUFRPO5TWK1QxoW2fgMkw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Never saw this before, really touched me somewhere. Feeling sad for the guy in the video but knowing what he went on to achieve after this.

https://twitter.com/ProperVeggies/status/1354845610415968260?s=19

I see James Vick retired. Hadn't realised he was released/not renewed by the UFC. He took another vicious battering at the weekend and wisely decided he's done. Took a few heavy beatings at the tail end of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

JJayoo wrote: »

Bisping would murder Jake Paul it would be brutal

Im not sure why anyone hasn't spoke about it but your man Paul is a fairly big lad 6ft 1 and 189lbs in his last two fights ,Why is everyone ok with him calling out lads who are much smaller than him ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Actually looking forward to this for some reason:eek:
    https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1357510281287462912

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Rjd2 wrote: »

A great retirement fight for both of them.

Rjd2 wrote: »

UFCTE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Poirier eating spicy wings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bisping would murder Jake Paul it would be brutal

Im not sure why anyone hasn't spoke about it but your man Paul is a fairly big lad 6ft 1 and 189lbs in his last two fights ,Why is everyone ok with him calling out lads who are much smaller than him ,

Bisping is 41 and us currently recovering from mayjor neck surgery, he also has virtually zero vision in his right eye so he might have some serious limitations if he had to train for a boxing match.

Jake Paul beats Ben then beats dillion Danni's, calls out Bisping to fight on short notice, bisping feels he can't ask for more time as he will look 'soft'.

I could see him call out mike perry, pay him in advance so Mike goes crazy partying and doesn't train at all.

The jake paul system/scam works :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

What the hell has happened to the UFC in regards to the main news headlines. Nothing but Jake Paul, Dillon Danis, McGregor etc nonsense. Must just be a reflection of the Clickbait world we live in now. Give me a Fight Night featuring Josh Emmett, Kevin Lee and Al Iaquinta over any of this bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    What the hell has happened to the UFC in regards to the main news headlines. Nothing but Jake Paul, Dillon Danis, McGregor etc nonsense. Must just be a reflection of the Clickbait world we live in now. Give me a Fight Night featuring Josh Emmett, Kevin Lee and Al Iaquinta over any of this bull.

Careful now, push too hard and they’ll give us another Woodley vs. Maia fight.

*audibly shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

martyos121 wrote: »
    Careful now, push too hard and they’ll give us another Woodley vs. Maia fight.

*audibly shudders*

Bisping can't get licensed and that's beyond fair enough as he can't see out of one eye since it is gone full stop. Woodley has had the harshest fall from grace as any champion has had, Usman vs Woodley isn't even the slightest bit competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't even get how Dillon Danis gets headlines. Like....he's had 2 fights in about 4 years and they were nobodies even by Bellator standards. It's literally just this link to Conor, and he doesn't even take advantage of it to fight.

Also on James Vick....what the hell happened that guy? Rare to see a guy his age go so downhill so fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement