Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

US2 wrote: »
    250lbs Jones looks huge. He'll probably be cutting weight for his HW fight when it happens

Are you basing this off his latest instgram post ?
    Where he #250 ?

To me not one of the pictures give us any indication of the shape he is in ,
    All taken at angles that will make anyone look big ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

looking for ways to watch the upcoming fight cards. i use to have sky and btsports until i had a disagreement with them. Apparently I didn't want to pay the huge monthly bill and they didn't want to let me have it cheaper. so go figure:p:rolleyes:

anyway i have fight pass and its fantastic but they dont cover main cards. so what are my options to watch the main cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    looking for ways to watch the upcoming fight cards. i use to have sky and btsports until i had a disagreement with them. Apparently I didn't want to pay the huge monthly bill and they didn't want to let me have it cheaper. so go figure:p:rolleyes:

anyway i have fight pass and its fantastic but they dont cover main cards. so what are my options to watch the main cards?

Go sailing whilst wearing an eye patch, peg leg and parrot on your shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whelo79 wrote: »

Dana said he's coming for all the pirates in 2021 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

what he said ^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Another strong year for piracy then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

:D in the Mac Life interview he actually admitted it's impossible to stop piracy and that he just wants to catch a few to watch them cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Still Ill

One thing that would help stop piracy would be if they didn't make it so more than half the country of the biggest fighter in the organisation were frozen out from watching the fight legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Still Ill wrote: »
    One thing that would help stop piracy would be if they didn't make it so more than half the country of the biggest fighter in the organisation were frozen out from watching the fight legally.

Nobody is frozen out, they just have to pay the subscription.
    No different to when Premier league (or any sport) moving to sky sports. People where sulking over it. But ultimately they had to get on board and pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Are you basing this off his latest instgram post ?
    Where he #250 ?

To me not one of the pictures give us any indication of the shape he is in ,
    All taken at angles that will make anyone look big ,

Ya , the picture of his arms , shoulders and back. Definetlty looking big .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gathje v Nate diaz in the works. Sounds like a great fight but the route to beating Nate is clear, leg kicks. Gathje probably has the best in the ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Gathje v Nate diaz in the works. Sounds like a great fight but the route to beating Nate is clear, leg kicks. Gathje probably has the best in the ufc

Yeah, it's a good template for beating Nate. RDA isn't someone I'd think of leg kicks when mentioned, but that fight was brutal.
    Unless he wears Gaethje out early he's leaving on crutches.

Mellor wrote: »
    Nobody is frozen out, they just have to pay the subscription.
    No different to when Premier league (or any sport) moving to sky sports. People where sulking over it. But ultimately they had to get on board and pay.

How do I get it then? I have Virgin Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Can't think of a worse match up for Nate
    I hope it's 3 and not 5 rounds for Nate's sake although justin wont even need 3 to get it done imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Can you not subscribe to BT Sport's on Virgin?

cletus wrote: »
    Can you not subscribe to BT Sport's on Virgin?

Nope.. And as far as I know there's no legit way to buy the PPV either. If they made an online option they'd get a lot more buys. Some people just don't have Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You need to have Sky/BT Sports. I’m aware you don’t have either, and understand your frustration. The point was that nobody is blocked from viewing, but they just have to subscribe to the service that offers it.

It’s not a UFC decision. BT have the rights. UFC are blocked from having an online PPV here.
    Virgin have access in the UK, presumably paying BT for rights. So looks like they haven’t bother their arse in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Nope.. And as far as I know there's no legit way to buy the PPV either. If they made an online option they'd get a lot more buys. Some people just don't have Sky.

You've opted for Virgin instead of Sky. There's no impediment to you having Sky in your house. This is how subscription channels make their money.

Edited to add: I'm not making a dig, I'd prefer if the situation was different too. Namely that all rights were available, at whatever the price point might be, through Fight Pass.

However, UFC or BT or Sky are not preventing anyone from watching UFC fights, you just have to pay the subscription. If you rang Sky today, I'm pretty sure they'd take your money

3nrlu9W.mp4

https://gyazo.com/7ed6bb54a93687e4438c8a4aa6be8557

What a staredown considering no bad blood between the two :pac:

It's rare to see anyone looking more intense than Brown too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mailburner wrote: »
    3nrlu9W.mp4

https://gyazo.com/7ed6bb54a93687e4438c8a4aa6be8557

What a staredown considering no bad blood between the two :pac:

It's rare to see anyone looking more intense than Brown too

Is that old footage or an upcoming fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is that old footage or an upcoming fight?

co-main tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

co-main tonight.

I though those two retired years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Probably should have.
    Think Condit did retire actually, but MMA retirements are like WWE retirements.

Still, I've wanted to see these two face off for a while.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I though those two retired years ago

Matt Brown retired after he beat Sanchez in 2017 and came back after 2 years but never left the testing pool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Thoroughly looking forward to this event, feels like forever since there was a UFC card. Just goes to show you how spoilt we are.

cletus wrote: »
    You've opted for Virgin instead of Sky. There's no impediment to you having Sky in your house. This is how subscription channels make their money.

My point was that a lot of people are in the same boat as me and are effectively blocked from getting it due to not being able to get Sky. I live in apartment and Sky isn't an option. I understand that BT are protecting their own interests, but it's encouraging people to just illegally stream it, particularly during the pandemic when going to a mate's house isn't an option either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Thoroughly looking forward to this event, feels like forever since there was a UFC card. Just goes to show you how spoilt we are.

What time and station please kind sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    What time and station please kind sir?

Do you meant the fight night ? Prelims are on now on BT Sport 2. Main card at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Do you meant the fight night ? Prelims are on now on BT Sport 2. Main card at 8

Ooh nice one cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Has Dana not made this big announcement yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement