Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I agree Woodley by ko

fancy burns

I think he'll outwork woodley

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

mailburner wrote: »
    fancy burns

I think he'll outwork woodley

Is he strong enough to hold him against the fence or good enough to take him down ?
    I think Woodley will ko him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Is he strong enough to hold him against the fence or good enough to take him down ?
    I think Woodley will ko him

he'll need to ko him to beat him, he's strong enough to do either of those things

reckon he'll do something similiar to what usman did unless woodley had an off day or some setback which given his performance is possible.

majority of his wins were against strikers, struggled v gastelum, rory usman shields (was uselss against shields)
    if Burns fights smart I think he'll win, if he goes out swinging like robbie then it'll be a short night for him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Gonna go with Burns by arm bar myself.

Havnt seen it mentioned but joe Rogan signed a deal with Spotify for $100m for the rights to JRE.

Some cash.

I didn't hear the amount, but figured it had to be huge seeing as the whole library is moving too. He's making a insane amount from the podcast as it is.

He deserves it too imo, he's put the work in over 10 years, nearly 1500 podcasts, billions of views. The success is largely down to the variety of guests imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Jones v Ngannu talk gathering pace. What a fight that would be. Cant see jones moving up to heavey for a non championship fight though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Beersmith wrote: »
    I think Woodley won't get submitted. Too strong, balck belt bjj, great wrestling, short and stocky will add to the difficulty.

It's of of those fights where I can just imagine him getting caught, reminds me of Pettis v Henderson to an extend. I actually picked Pettis to sub Henderson on here also that night. I'll have a few euro on it anyway it'll be a decent price id say.
    Mellor wrote: »
    I didn't hear the amount, but figured it had to be huge seeing as the whole library is moving too. He's making a insane amount from the podcast as it is.

He deserves it too imo, he's put the work in over 10 years, nearly 1500 podcasts, billions of views. The success is largely down to the variety of guests imo.

Spot on Mellor, love him or hate him hes grafted away and deserves the cash. I'd imagine he will stop commentating for the ufc soon enough and go full time into fight companions also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Saw a tweet that it works out at the equivalent value of 26 billion streams

Here's one of my favorites, would appreciate if anyone has the time to post one of theirs also.

Mike Dowd was one of the biggest crooked cops in New York, very good and would recommend it if anyone hasn't watched.

I'd imagine he will stop commentating for the ufc soon enough and go full time into fight companions also.

It's hard to see why he'd drop the UFC work now when he does the shows he wants to. It's not like he can increase his podcast output

Saw a tweet that it works out at the equivalent value of 26 billion streams
    Yeah, some songwriter complaining that it was 26billion songs for just a podcast. Ridiculously bitter.

Seems unaware that the poscast probably does probably over a billion views a year and each is the length of 50 songs.

• Advertisement

Here's one of my favorites, would appreciate if anyone has the time to post one of theirs also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkBXzkD6tis
    John Danaher - Top Jiu Jitsu coach. Students include GSP, Firas Zahabi, Darry Tonon, and Gordon Ryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4522ikFoU
    Jack Carr - Former Navy seal sniper, seal team commander. Now an Author.
    Watched this lasy week and will probably go buy his book

Yeah, some songwriter complaining that it was 26billion songs for just a podcast. Ridiculously bitter.

Seems unaware that the poscast probably does probably over a billion views a year and each is the length of 50 songs.

Was that the context? Ffs.

As a wise man once said "you never go full retard"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

US2 wrote: »
    Jones v Ngannu talk gathering pace. What a fight that would be. Cant see jones moving up to heavey for a non championship fight though ?

Be shocked if its not for the interim heavyweight title

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

mailburner wrote: »
    he'll need to ko him to beat him, he's strong enough to do either of those things

reckon he'll do something similiar to what usman did unless woodley had an off day or some setback which given his performance is possible.

majority of his wins were against strikers, struggled v gastelum, rory usman shields (was uselss against shields)
    if Burns fights smart I think he'll win, if he goes out swinging like robbie then it'll be a short night for him

All really good wrestlers which Burns is not ,
    Burns isn't big or strong enough to bully Woodley like Usman did

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mike Dowd was one of the biggest crooked cops in New York, very good and would recommend it if anyone hasn't watched.
    So he'll be gone from YouTube now?

He's been critical of the censorship on YouTube. Probably suits him to clear off.

DrPhilG wrote: »

He's been critical of the censorship on YouTube. Probably suits him to clear off.

He will still have clips up on YouTube he said, but full episodes will be Spotify only.

Suits him to make a boat load of money from exactly the same spot.

It's hard to see why he'd drop the UFC work now when he does the shows he wants to. It's not like he can increase his podcast output

Just from his own comments he doesn't like doing events anymore and much prefers the fight companions.

Your probably right but I wouldn't rule it out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He's always having to tip-toe around You Tube rules on copyright etc too., not to mention with regard to ads.

This move makes all the sense in the world and really shows how the world has changed. He's built the whole thing himself, with no "bosses" or nobody interfering and has shown that there's an audience for a raw product.

Deserves all the success he can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah I always enjoy his podcasts. He can sit down with someone of a completely different political or social persuasion, and just have a civil conversation and respect their views.

A rare thing in this day and age.

• Advertisement

Just from his own comments he doesn't like doing events anymore and much prefers the fight companions.

Once he can cherry pick what he does do, he'll still do it. It usually depends where the event is on, as far as I can tell.

He will still have clips up on YouTube he said, but full episodes will be Spotify only.

New episodes will be spotify from September, and all episodes will move over by december and cease being hosted on youtube.

Highlights, clips and JRE cartoons can still be on youtube though.

I wonder how much he makes from commentating a PPV, must be significant tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

New episodes will be spotify from September, and all episodes will move over by december and cease being hosted on youtube.

Highlights, clips and JRE cartoons can still be on youtube though.

I wonder how much he makes from commentating a PPV, must be significant tbh.

To many people his voice is just synonymous with the UFC so you'd imagine he is on good money alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dana said 4 events will 100% be happening on fight island in July a while ago talking with Anik.

Interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It can only really get Gunni at this stage. Kavanagh doesn't have any other UFC signed fighters does he?

Crazy to believe this fight Island is actually going ahead.

Edit: I forgot about Armikani, it could be him too.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    It can only really get Gunni at this stage. Kavanagh doesn't have any other UFC signed fighters does he?

Edit: I forgot about Armikani, it could be him too.

Yeah I thought it was Dana talking out of his hole and now here we are. Still some time left for something to happen though :pac:

I'd also say it's Amirkhani, possibly v Grundy who he was supposed to fight in London

Have to say I'm actually liking the new ufc fight Island tshirts.

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1263789200845012992?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whelo79 wrote:
    What difference does it make? I presume they'll all be in an octagon in a building?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    What difference does it make? I presume they'll all be in an octagon in a building?

I really really hope they go all out, octagon on the beach under huge marquee, if they must, with Dana sitting on a throne in the background.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement