Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

ASOT wrote: »
    This is an issue we will run into for asymptomatic carriers, he probably thought he was grand as he had no symptoms at all.

I'd imagine there will constantly be positive tests appearing in the next couple of months in all sports as they return so it'll be how each sport handles itbthat will be interesting. The UFC still going ahead, similar to the German football league after 3 Koln players tested positive.

In this case your be wary of what the Jacare and his team have been doing when the cameras have been off or who he has been in contact with. If fighters from the care test positive over the next week or two you'd have to question if the event should have pulled.

Every other fighter was negative.

So far. He's been in contact with his cornermen who have it, also been in contact with Dana, Werdum and God knows who else. I'm watching the card tonight.

But things could get very sticky indeed if anyone else tests positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

weemcd wrote: »
    So far. He's been in contact with his cornermen who have it, also been in contact with Dana, Werdum and God knows who else. I'm watching the card tonight.

But things could get very sticky indeed if anyone else tests positive.

There won't be anymore more tests done so we have nothing to worry about. 23 of the 24 fighters tested negative and they won't be retested so the events not in danger when it probably should be.

Be interesting to see if they test the card after the event but I doubt it, because if they do id imagine some of them will test positive, especially Werdum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I still am unsure if it'll happen. Disney abhor bad press. They might demand that it's pulled.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I still am unsure if it'll happen. Disney abhor bad press. They might demand that it's pulled.

More chance of Jon Jones staying sober than the event getting pulled this late imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I hate Cruz so much , wankerr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

How do ye think the event will actually do in terms of interest? It's pretty underwhelming here so far really, not even an event thread yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

How do ye think the event will actually do in terms of interest? It's pretty underwhelming here so far really, not even an event thread yet.

I actually expect the pre-lims to do record numbers.

Think the ppv buys will be at best 500k. More likely between 250 - 350 range I reckon.

Without the draw of the A-Side, Khabib, the buys will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ricero wrote: »
    I actually expect the pre-lims to do record numbers.

Think the ppv buys will be at best 500k. More likely between 250 - 350 range I reckon.

Without the draw of the A-Side, Khabib, the buys will suffer.

I think it might do well just because there is no other sports on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Can't wait for this. Would have loved to see Khabib - Tony but it's still a stacked line up start to finish.
    Is the main card starting at 11.30 our time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

akelly02 wrote: »
    I hate Cruz so much , wankerr

Why? I guess he's a divisive character at times.
    But he's my favorite fighter. Loved how he ripped TJ apart in interviews before their fight.

• Advertisement

Has Bryce Mitchell been bumped up further in the pre-lims now since the Jacare fight fell through ?

Hope so as I really think hes an exciting fighter and dont have fight pass to watch him on the earlier pre-lims

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

xckjoo wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Would have loved to see Khabib - Tony but it's still a stacked line up start to finish.
    Is the main card starting at 11.30 our time?

main starts at 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭xckjoo

mailburner wrote: »
    main starts at 3

Cheers. Was thinking that was too early. The website says 3am IST. What the duck is IST? Google seems to think its India Standard Time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

xckjoo wrote: »
    Cheers. Was thinking that was too early. The website says 3am IST. What the duck is IST? Google seems to think its India Standard Time :D

Irish Standard Time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can’t quote properly and edit comments when on phone, but in relation to the person that said nobody else tested positive; Jacare originally tested false negative. Same can happen other fighters too and it’s a fairly common occurrence

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

callaway92 wrote:
    Can’t quote properly and edit comments when on phone, but in relation to the person that said nobody else tested positive; Jacare originally tested false negative. Same can happen other fighters too and it’s a fairly common occurrence
    He told them a family member had it and he was allowed to go on as normal. Serious questions have to be asked about that.

callaway92 wrote: »

That can happen yeah but my answer was to the poster who said we could get more positive tests in the next 12 hours, nobody was being retested so as it stands 23 fighters tested negative.

IMO the event shouldnt have gone ahead after a positive test on health and safety grounds, obviously selfishly I want it to go ahead.

I'd imagine we will get some positive tests if fighters are retested. Especially Werdum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

That can happen yeah but my answer was to the poster who said we could get more positive tests in the next 12 hours, nobody was being retested so as it stands 23 fighters tested negative.

IMO the event shouldnt have gone ahead after a positive test on health and safety grounds, obviously selfishly I want it to go ahead.

I'd imagine we will get some positive tests if fighters are retested. Especially Werdum.

Going ahead with the face offs will definitely be seen as a big mistake. As for cancelling the event off of Souza and his Cornermens' positive tests l don't know but it definitely looks like there was fsr more interaction than necessary between fighters and Dana. Although it's an American organised event so it's not surprising social distancing wasn't understood or followed.

On another note just imagine how sweaty it would be being Werdum or Dana right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Wouldn't be the only positive test you'd expect Werdum to give in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Of course the event shouldn’t have gone ahead.

It shouldn’t have even been put together in the first place.

It’s rotten and it’s pure greed.

But we’ll all watch ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Will this all be on fight pass in Ireland or would you need access to BT sport for prelims and/or main card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Only a few hours away an I'm still afraid to get too exited. Not just with the strange times we are in but this is one of the best cards in a long long time.

Yea I cant wait. Its great to have some live sport back on the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Is everyone too apprehensive to put up an event thread?

Haven't looked forward to a UFC card this much in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It was Jacare wife who had it

Of course he was going to have it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

https://mobile.twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1259557358750949376?s=20

It seems all things are optional for the UFC regarding testing, fighters being compensated if they contract Covid19 at these events.

So much for Dana and fighters safety is paramount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭Homelander

This is from two weeks ago but only saw it now. Are they going to start giving JG proper match-ups before this title shot?
    Scott Coker: James Gallagher ‘absolutely’ in line for a Bellator title shot

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/scott-coker-james-gallagher-absolutely-line-bellator-title-shot/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement