Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Khabib v Ferguson...

Who have you got should they fight?

Who will be the favorite, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

walshb wrote: »
    Khabib v Ferguson...

Who have you got should they fight?

Who will be the favorite, and why?

Khabib

Khabib

Because Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tony has too much for Khabib imo. Standing up, on the ground it doesn't matter the guy is just relentless and never tires

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tony has never faced someone who mauls you and saps the energy out of you like Khabib.
    Khabib has never faced the cardio machine that is Tony.

It'll never happen anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

eagle eye wrote: »
    Tony has too much for Khabib imo. Standing up, on the ground it doesn't matter the guy is just relentless and never tires

Nonsense. A staph infected Kevin Lee took Tony down with ease and pummled him until he gassed.

The goat Khabib will maul Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Gaethje is a beaten man already he will crumble tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Find it a bit harsh that Stephens forfeits 30% of his purse given the circumstances but I suppose it's the only penalty available to the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Find it a bit harsh that Stephens forfeits 30% of his purse given the circumstances but I suppose it's the only penalty available to the UFC.

Think Kattar beats him handy enough anyway, Stephens looked gaunt enough so I'd say the cut was rough.

ricero wrote:
    Nonsense. A staph infected Kevin Lee took Tony down with ease and pummled him until he gassed.

The goat Khabib will maul Tony.
    I say Tony never stops andbyiuvsay nonsense?
    And calling Khabib the gist is more nonsense. Jon Jones is the best current fighter, and it's between him, Anderson Silva and GSP for GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

And calling Khabib the gist is more nonsense. Jon Jones is the best current fighter, and it's between him, Anderson Silva and GSP for GOAT.

Stop feeding it, they stick around when you feed them.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Think Kattar beats him handy enough anyway, Stephens looked gaunt enough so I'd say the cut was rough.

You're right, I read the headline that Stephens missed weight and thought to myself he's a big enough 155er with plenty of miles on the clock. Forgot completely that he was down in Featherweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

He has missed weight loads of times as well

Beersmith wrote: »
    He has missed weight loads of times as well

Still have him to win in my bets, can't bring myself to bet against Stephens, totally with my gut and not with my head.

You say Tony has to much for Khabib and I say nonsense. No doubting Tonys cardio but Khabib takes him down with ease and smashes imo.

Jones is a drug cheat. Between gsp and Khabib for mma goat.

Hopefully one day Dana gives us fans that dream match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Im someone who has adhered to social distancing since this lockdown has begun. I'm someone who totally understands and pretty much agrees with the unethical side to this this whole event. But fcuking hell, I cannot wait for this card.

ricero wrote:
    Hopefully one day Dana gives us fans that dream match up.
    What dream matchup? And old man who hasn't fought in years? That's doing nothing for Khabib's legacy. Beating Tony and McGregor again and then moving up and beating Covington and Usman is how he puts himself truly in the goat conversation. He'll never do that though, he'll avoid Tony at all costs and he won't move up and fight the best at welterweight.

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Im someone who has adhered to social distancing since this lockdown has begun. I'm someone who totally understands and pretty much agrees with the unethical side to this this whole event. But fcuking hell, I cannot wait for this card.

Exactly the same, never been anywhere near as excited or committed to a UFC event. I've watched all the Embeddeds so far along with the full Countdown. Saving the Inside the Octagon for tomorrow, going to be a long day!

What dream matchup? And old man who hasn't fought in years? That's doing nothing for Khabib's legacy. Beating Tony and McGregor again and then moving up and beating Covington and Usman is how he puts himself truly in the goat conversation. He'll never do that though, he'll avoid Tony at all costs and he won't move up and fight the best at welterweight.

McGregor is easy work for Khabib just like Tony will be also.

Dont get your rational at all. You say Jon Jones is the goat but he has never moved up weight either.

Why should Khabib move up ? Also laughable to suggest khabib is ducking Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

ricero wrote: »
    McGregor is easy work for Khabib just like Tony will be also.

Dont get your rational at all. You say Jon Jones is the goat but hes never moved up weight either.

Why should Khabib move up ? Also laughable to suggest khabib is ducking Tony.

John Jones is a career cheat. Why the fcuk is he still in the GOAT talk??

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    John Jones is a career cheat. Why the fcuk is he still in the GOAT talk??

You would want to ask eagle eye that.

I agree. Jones is a serial cheat.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote:
    You would want to ask eagle eye that.
    Why don't you ask the UFC who have him no.1 pound for pound?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jacare v Hall is off because......

Jacare tested positive for Covid!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Jacare v Hall is off because......

Jacare tested positive for Covid!

Disgraceful that he’s ducking Uriah Hall like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

This could all unravel very quickly... next 12 hours will be interesting.

Jacare was obviously tested during the week and was negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Bit stupid of Jacare to even travel knowing one of his family members had the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Bit stupid of Jacare to even travel knowing one of his family members had the virus.

This is an issue we will run into for asymptomatic carriers, he probably thought he was grand as he had no symptoms at all.

I'd imagine there will constantly be positive tests appearing in the next couple of months in all sports as they return so it'll be how each sport handles itbthat will be interesting. The UFC still going ahead, similar to the German football league after 3 Koln players tested positive.

In this case your be wary of what the Jacare and his team have been doing when the cameras have been off or who he has been in contact with. If fighters from the care test positive over the next week or two you'd have to question if the event should have pulled.
    weemcd wrote: »
    This could all unravel very quickly... next 12 hours will be interesting.

Jacare was obviously tested during the week and was negative.

Every other fighter was negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Two of his cornermen according to Aeriel alai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Eek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Two of his cornermen according to Aeriel alai

Are ESPN basically Dana’s boss now? Do they have a say in the company besides just rights to show UFC?

Disney the controlling majority share in ESPN too, I just can’t fathom that they are happy with this utter fiasco happening in the UFC.

• Advertisement

The beginning of the crumbling of this card?

Sure looks like it but let's hope not!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement