Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Pilots put it up to O'Leary

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

kona wrote: »
    No.

You men are never happy!! :eek::eek::eek:

Just curious - as I have no idea of the answer - what would actually be classed as "long haul" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

You men are never happy!! :eek::eek::eek:

Just curious - as I have no idea of the answer - what would actually be classed as "long haul" ?

Free food?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

737max wrote: »
    'tis terrible. We must do something. This is something:
    Force Ryanair and AerLingus to negotiate with one militant union and no other.

Union at the flick of a switch through strikes shuts down the two airlines that are carrying roughly 25million passengers in to and out of the country between them until their members are paid 200k a year. Ooops.

is that the unintended consequence you'd be happy to live with?

more scaremongering and hysterical nonsense.
    unless there is an actual legitimate dispute in both companies at the same time (unlikely) then there won't be any strike. there is no more risk of a strike at the 2 at the same time now, then there would be if a union had members in both companies.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    unless there is an actual legitimate dispute in both companies at the same time (unlikely) then there won't be any strike. there is no more risk of a strike at the 2 at the same time now, then there would be if a union had members in both companies.

Free food?

Got free drink once on a flight to Mexico.

I think!! ;)

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Comedy gold right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

So if both are in the same Union, Aer lingus have a vote and picket the airports, the Ryanair pilots would cross the picket lines?

So if both are in the same Union, Aer lingus have a vote and picket the airports, the Ryanair pilots would cross the picket lines?

Not in a biliion years.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Oh snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Are Ryanair perfect ? God no. Are they as bad as everyone makes out ? Equally, no.

I'll tell you about the last Ryanair flight I took. The plane was 40 minutes late arriving in to the airport to pick us up. Once on the plane there was far too much luggage on board as usual so it takes everyone ages to actually board and find somewhere for their bags.

The pilot comes on the tannoy and sounds like he's just done his junior cert. As we're coming in to land in Dublin he misses the runway and has to climb again very fast. He comes on the tannoy again and says there was something on the runway. When he circles around and does manage to land he does it so badly everyone is thrown forward in to the seat on front of them and then has to slam on the brakes because he's going way too fast. We're an hour and a half late at this stage. It takes ages for everyone to get off the plane then because they're bags are not above them.

They're a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

OnDraught wrote: »
    I'll tell you about the last Ryanair flight I took. The plane was 40 minutes late arriving in to the airport to pick us up. Once on the plane there was far too much luggage on board as usual so it takes everyone ages to actually board and find somewhere for their bags.

The pilot comes on the tannoy and sounds like he's just done his junior cert. As we're coming in to land in Dublin he misses the runway and has to climb again very fast. He comes on the tannoy again and says there was something on the runway. When he circles around and does manage to land he does it so badly everyone is thrown forward in to the seat on front of them and then has to slam on the brakes because he's going way too fast. We're an hour and a half late at this stage. It takes ages for everyone to get off the plane then because they're bags are not above them.

They're a disgrace.
    You've embellished that account since https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105482590&postcount=1581

Its the same actually. Just included some extra facts.

Do you expect the patrons of afterhours to be more sympathetic than the clientele of the Aviation forum. There wasn't much outrage there.

They're a disgrace.

One flight, out of 69,000 JUST THIS MONTH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They're a disgrace.

I'll tell you about the last Ryanair flight I took. It left 10 minutes late from Berlin and still arrived in Shannon 15 minutes early. There were no issues whatsoever.

They're not a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

If you googled it must be fact so. :rolleyes:
    Ryanair dont do long haul for a start.

They are striking for better momey terms and conditions, why else do people strike?

If your responsible for flying hundreds of people 4 miles high at 500mph in -36 then i expect them to be compensated accordingly.

Not everybody can be a pilot, some people cant even drive a car without crashing it.

Plenty of pilots can't fly a plane without crashing it.
    That's where autopilot saves the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

They're a disgrace.

You ok hun x

sparrowcar wrote: »
    You ok hun x

Yeah, grand now thanks for asking.

Were ya charged for those extras?

as they are not in dispute with their company then they would yes. there are also plenty of ways of getting in to the airport so it wouldn't even become an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Specialun wrote: »
    pilots job is a tough job. skilled and highly educated workers

stark contrast to bus eireann or irish rail staff

Actually you don't have to be highly educated.
    Yes skilled alright, passed the written exams and flight tests for PPL, CPL, IR, ATPL, and especially passed through the interviews for the airlines that really are meant to weed out the nutjobs and flakes.
    To be fair, the flying public who choose Ryanair don’t give a fiddlers about Ryanair staff. They choose Ryanair because it’s cheap and it’s cheap partly because the conditions for staff are not very good.

By choosing Ryanair people are paying the wages of some of the lowest paid, poorly treated, unprotected staff in the industry. I don’t see for the life of me why Ryanair staff would be sympathetic to the customers who are happy to save their own money at the staffs’ expense.

Ever hear the motto "the customer is always right".

People fly with the Ryanairs of this world, because the old establishment airlines were setup to not provide a service to the public, but a service to the elite and their own workforces.
    What do the French Air Traffic Controllers do repeatedly throughout the year, year in, year out, with their control of the French Skies.
    They're stronger than the French Government and untouchable.

Imagine if they had run into Ronnie.
    I think you will find that it is not. Theres a shortage of pilots to fly them and engineers to fix them. How do you suppose you achieve air safety without these two roles?

Chickens are coming home.to roost for ryanair and their passengers who feel entitled to e20 flights at the detriment of peoples wages and profession.

Talk about fooking entitlement.
    Do you have any fooking idea what Aer lingus was like where their very entitled staff enjoyed well paid cushy numbers all at the expense of their passengers and topped up by dipping into the taxpayers pockets left right and centre.

This strike is a means for IALPA to finally get their paws into Ryanair.
    EDIT: go to IALPA webpage and you are greeted with the statement "Welcome to IALPA - The voice of IRish Pilots" with a background image of the tails of just Aer Lingus aircraft.
    They are an Aer Lingus institution, their executives are all Aer Lingus captains, and we know what that means.

O'Leary can be an ass but by christ he did more for transportation into and out of this country than every single fooking Aer Lingus employee put together over it's entire history.

:pac:
    as they are not in dispute with their company then they would yes. there are also plenty of ways of getting in to the airport so it wouldn't even become an issue.

"Eamon ya eejit, ya forgot to picket door 14 and sure they're all coming in them pilots!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Do you expect the patrons of afterhours to be more sympathetic than the clientele of the Aviation forum. There wasn't much outrage there.

I didn't exactly see your views getting universal support in the aviation forum either.

jmayo wrote: »

nothing would happen as the french air traffic controlers aren't banned from striking. the US ones are banned from striking, hence there were grounds to sack them. if they weren't, ronnie could have done jot all.
    O'Leary can be an ass but by christ he did more for transportation into and out of this country than every single fooking Aer Lingus employee put together over it's entire history.

he only did what someone else would have done eventually anyway. air fares were always going to become cheaper at some stage.
    the eir lingus of decades ago, which were completely different times, is irrelevant to the issues being faced currently by ryanair, which are of it's own making by the looks of it. Aer Lingus of 30 years ago, in completely different times, does not make mol special or immune from criticism. in effect, it's whataboutery.

nothing would happen as the french air traffic controlers aren't banned from striking. the US ones are banned from striking, hence there were grounds to sack them. if they weren't, ronnie could have done jot all.

he only did what someone else would have done eventually anyway. air fares were always going to become cheaper at some stage.
    the eir lingus of decades ago, which were completely different times, is irrelevant to the issues being faced currently by ryanair, which are of it's own making by the looks of it. Aer Lingus of 30 years ago, in completely different times, does not make mol special or immune from criticism. in effect, it's whataboutery.

"He only did what someone else wiykd have eventually" ???

Would you go up to Christian Barnard, Jonas Salk or Alexander Fleming and say that??

Little dismissive.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Welcome te Anto's Airlines.

Now dat Aer Lingus and Ryanair are on d picket lines all d time I'll be yer captain tonigh wha.

Don worry. The boyz always said I was a pilot when I was doin hanbrakers down Tesco's.

Yer inflight meal is a can of dutch gold and a bag a pills.

Drop those bad boys and you'll take off for sure.

I didn't exactly see your views getting universal support in the aviation forum either.
    The Aviation forum is full of industry insiders who welcome this move as it benefits them at the expense of the traveling public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

The Aviation forum is full of industry insiders who welcome this move as it benefits them at the expense of the traveling public.

Wow, quite a statement. Even if true, it seems you placed some degree of value in what they had to say. Only when it suits you it would seem.

The aviation forum took quite a dim view of both you and the poster complaining about ryanair. I would say it's a really well balanced forum.

• Advertisement

or just people who know what they are talking about, who saw through your agenda.

Advertisement