Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also, for any Trophy/Achievement hunters, to get Miniature Crown Master and Giant Crown Master will require you to capture/kill each monster ~70 times on Average.
    There's ~22 relevant monsters.
    I'm 170 hours in, I've killed/capped most monsters ~15 times on Average for context.
    Weekly events make it "easier" but it still an absolutely insane grind if you want to "platinum/100%" the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

The daily reset seems to be 7pm Irish time.
    My missus still needs to kill 3x Elder Dragons for her 3rd weekly so will see if she gets it done after work.
    Also, think I need to do this weeks Arena Weekly Event, pretty sure I did last weeks.
    It was tempered Uragaan and Bezelprick right?

Can't remember the arena quest, oddly enough I've not even bothered with any of them yet.

Just checked the bounty board right now and the expiry is in 9 hours, so it resets at midnight.

Ok, too many reset days/times. 7pm is when you get your new "Daily Log in Bonus"
    Arena quests were a fun distraction and the Challenges are weekly iirc

This DevilJho lad is not the easiest to hit with Melee weapons, and usually its pretty dangerous to try so it's a long war of attrition. 1st time I ever had a monster I was fighting "leave the area". Kind of don't appreciate how he can still use attacks while Pitfall trapped

This DevilJho lad is not the easiest to hit with Melee weapons, and usually its pretty dangerous to try so it's a long war of attrition. 1st time I ever had a monster I was fighting "leave the area". Kind of don't appreciate how he can still use attacks while Pitfall trapped

That's Jho for you! Think of him as an elder dragon in a brute wyvern's body :p

Heads up on the event quests guys. The first two are low rank arenas, so handy for farming but the third one is what you want to focus on, but you have to be HR50+. It's a pure tempered elder track quest. No large monsters so take an armour set with all the investigation type skills (very easy to make) and farm up them tempered elder dragon investigations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just a heads up for farming DJ (deviljho) if you are after the DJ gem for the gear and weapons it says it is only available from a carve with 1 star frequency. This is not true, if you have investigation you will get the gem from either bonus reward or the actual silver or gold rewards.

I got 5 gems today from 3 investigations and all were captures.

I think the carve is only from an expedition point of view.

I have full DJ gear and both the dual blade and the bow weapons, bow is very strong once you negate the -25% infinity.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just a heads up for farming DJ (deviljho) if you are after the DJ gem for the gear and weapons it says it is only available from a carve with 1 star frequency. This is not true, if you have investigation you will get the gem from either bonus reward or the actual silver or gold rewards.

I got 5 gems today from 3 investigations and all were captures.

I think the carve is only from an expedition point of view.

I have full DJ gear and both the dual blade and the bow weapons, bow is very strong once you negate the -25% infinity.

You got Jho investigations already? Geez, I've hunted 20 thus far and collected each and every track I can find and still haven't gotten one, wasn't even sure Jho had investigations!

I got two gems just from two regular quests, one carve and one reward.

Ok I'm bored with hunting Jho now already... my fears have been realised. He's been nerfed to poop! AGAIN! Just like he was in Generations! They better add in Savage Jho or else I will be p*ssed! Or at least a tempered version, goddamn... I spend more time chasing him around the forest than actually fighting him!

Sigh....

jaxxx wrote: »
    Ok I'm bored with hunting Jho now already... my fears have been realised. He's been nerfed to poop! AGAIN! Just like he was in Generations! They better add in Savage Jho or else I will be p*ssed! Or at least a tempered version, goddamn... I spend more time chasing him around the forest than actually fighting him!

Sigh....

And just as I said that, a tempered Jho event quest has popped up! I only just discovered this cos I was looking up some youtube vids before bed and spotted some vids about this event. Finally, a challenge!

And just as I said that, a tempered Jho event quest has popped up! I only just discovered this cos I was looking up some youtube vids before bed and spotted some vids about this event. Finally, a challenge!

I HATE THIS GAME!!!!!! I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!! IT'S SO F*CKING BULLS*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when I said I wanted a challenge? I changed my mind :mad: NOT ONCE HAVE I TRIPLE CARTED/FAILED A QUEST, NOT ONCE!!! NOT TO NERGI, KUSHALA, TEOSTRA, (new elder one), (new elder two), NO-ONE!!! 5 tempered jho quests AND TWO OF THEM FAILED!!!!!!! GRRR!!!!!!! MOTHER-F*CKER EVEN ONE SHOTTED ME WHEN HE WAS USING GREAT JAGRAS AS A WEAPON, AND I WAS IN FULL GUARD WITH MY LANCE AND GUARD+3!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[RAGE QUIT]

Sigh..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Tempered Jo................

I.......I can't :(

So much death T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Use the force.....boys. Use the force!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Also, for any Trophy/Achievement hunters, to get Miniature Crown Master and Giant Crown Master will require you to capture/kill each monster ~70 times on Average.
    There's ~22 relevant monsters.
    I'm 170 hours in, I've killed/capped most monsters ~15 times on Average for context.
    Weekly events make it "easier" but it still an absolutely insane grind if you want to "platinum/100%" the game

Is there any way of checking where you stand with each monster.

Is there any way of checking where you stand with each monster.

Check your monster guide in your hunter notes. The first page if each monster will show largest and smallest. If you have a crown, it will appear next to them.

Options, go over 2 pages, "Hunters Notes" or alternatively talk to the tiny dude sitting on the pile of books who has the games best line "Try Hard will you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Vote Generic 2020

#MakePitfallTrapsGreatAgain

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I know you all have tons of hours in to MHW, but I only started out and taking my time. Hunting rathians, because I like, doing side quests, stockpiling mats for doomsday and very slowly doing main quests. And so far I love this game. I am so happy they went MH4 route and not generations. It looks, plays and feels fantastic.

Egg delivery quests are back and I still hate them with passion. :D At least they are a lot more rare now.
    Generations had a horrible start with very huge list of crap quests before game finally kicks in. Thanks god its not an issue here. Pretty much right in to the pit with a big Monster following with "good luck kid" attidute.

I really miss Zinogre already. :( I know we have some lizzard instead of it, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that they used zinogres moves for it, but its not the same. That Cocky walk and a tail slap always made me smile.

Oh yeah, got the first quest in that Coral reef zone. Decided to go after that flying bastard. Cant remember its name. After I actually captured it I realised that I was not supposed to tackle it just yet lol. Took me ages with current gear, but still bate the bejesus out of it. :D

I am rocking lance as always. Still my favorite weapon. Some npc told me that its number 14 on popularity list!!!! Why so low?! No love for good old lance?!

I know you all have tons of hours in to MHW, but I only started out and taking my time. Hunting rathians, because I like, doing side quests, stockpiling mats for doomsday and very slowly doing main quests. And so far I love this game. I am so happy they went MH4 route and not generations. It looks, plays and feels fantastic.

Egg delivery quests are back and I still hate them with passion. :D At least they are a lot more rare now.
    Generations had a horrible start with very huge list of crap quests before game finally kicks in. Thanks god its not an issue here. Pretty much right in to the pit with a big Monster following with "good luck kid" attidute.

I really miss Zinogre already. :( I know we have some lizzard instead of it, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that they used zinogres moves for it, but its not the same. That Cocky walk and a tail slap always made me smile.

Oh yeah, got the first quest in that Coral reef zone. Decided to go after that flying bastard. Cant remember its name. After I actually captured it I realised that I was not supposed to tackle it just yet lol. Took me ages with current gear, but still bate the bejesus out of it. :D

I am rocking lance as always. Still my favorite weapon. Some npc told me that its number 14 on popularity list!!!! Why so low?! No love for good old lance?!

I know, I really miss Zinogre too. Would love to see it brought back (+Stygian), and Lagiacrus! Although Lagiacrus is unlikely unless they make it a land only fight.

First flying wyvern in Coral Highlands? The white/pink fluffy one? That would be Paolumu. Hated it initially but once I completed my hammer set and max upgraded my Diablos hammer, oh it's so satisfying watching the pink little b*st*rd get owned!

Lance is probably still regarded as one of the least popular, probably because of its simplicity compared to the 13 others. But I still love it. Oh god that power guard is amazing! Just love that feeling of being an unbreachable tank... But you don't quite get that feeling of being 'the boss' like a hammer gives you!

I know, I really miss Zinogre too. Would love to see it brought back (+Stygian), and Lagiacrus! Although Lagiacrus is unlikely unless they make it a land only fight.

First flying wyvern in Coral Highlands? The white/pink fluffy one? That would be Paolumu. Hated it initially but once I completed my hammer set and max upgraded my Diablos hammer, oh it's so satisfying watching the pink little b*st*rd get owned!

Lance is probably still regarded as one of the least popular, probably because of its simplicity compared to the 13 others. But I still love it. Oh god that power guard is amazing! Just love that feeling of being an unbreachable tank... But you don't quite get that feeling of being 'the boss' like a hammer gives you!

Never really liked lagiacrus. I kind of really pissed off by it thx to MH3. I hunted so many of the feckers in that underwater part of the map for plate. Me hating any kind of gameplay underwater did not helped. They had him in generations too.
    I actually would love to see Mizutsune. The damn bubble thing was quite hilarious.

Nah, the monster in reef I am talking about is a flying bastard, blue and spits frost everywhere. Legiana is the name. Nasty yolk.

Lance can look very bulky in immobile to new players, but if you know how to use it, it is just stupidly mobile and defensive weapon. I am pretty sure thats what puts new comers off it. I played evade lance before, but now I am going for guard. Well, at least until I get some evade gear. Seregios in mh4 was just broken lol, loved it.

Really find it ironic that most popular weapon is LS and DB. A lot of new people to MH franchise. I remember those were my first weapons too. :D

Never really liked lagiacrus. I kind of really pissed off by it thx to MH3. I hunted so many of the feckers in that underwater part of the map for plate. Me hating any kind of gameplay underwater did not helped. They had him in generations too.
    I actually would love to see Mizutsune. The damn bubble thing was quite hilarious.

Nah, the monster in reef I am talking about is a flying bastard, blue and spits frost everywhere. Legiana is the name. Nasty yolk.

Lance can look very bulky in immobile to new players, but if you know how to use it, it is just stupidly mobile and defensive weapon. I am pretty sure thats what puts new comers off it. I played evade lance before, but now I am going for guard. Well, at least until I get some evade gear. Seregios in mh4 was just broken lol, loved it.

Really find it ironic that most popular weapon is LS and DB. A lot of new people to MH franchise. I remember those were my first weapons too. :D

Legiana ain't that bad. God if you thought it was bad, wait until you meet the B52 attack bomber! Haha, I'll say no more.

Since you mentioned Mizutsune, I was kinda disappointed that the Fated Four didn't make an appearance. Hopefully they'll be added later.

Can't say I had much love for the underwater fights myself either (oh god how I hated hunting Ceadeus..) but I always liked Lagiacrus. Oh geez the nightmares I had of its Ivory cousin's event quest! Good god that thing was insane! Even with a lance with full guard and guard up you weren't safe! And all of that for a LS that had lower raw and thunder than Lagi's standard LS! Abyssal was a good fight though, although it quickly became mundane because everyone just started using that glitch with the wall and using pierce guns/bows... did it myself, haha.

They really need to increase the roster though. I want to see Nargacuga, Barioth, Monoblos, Tigrex and Fatalis return at the very least, plus their subspecies, and more elder dragons too. Maybe Gore and Shagaru... would certainly spice things up a bit!

Oh yeah, not sure if you've gotten as far as the Rotten Vale yet but when you do, keep a weather eye on the general environment. Again, I shall say no more :cool:

• Advertisement

Fighting Legania the 1st time round at low rank with some AF/WW armour with a slow moving melee weapon ain't that bad?
    It's hardly gonna be a walk in the park either though :P

What's your count of the "I wish this monster was in the game" list up to now? Must be 25+ :D

From videos I've watched of older MH monsters, seems like 80% of them are in MHW just in a different form.
    Either their body shape has changed or their element attack type was changed.
    Very few of them would be truly unique experiences in MHW.
    Don't see the point in there being 3 Thunder Ground Based Wyrvens, I kind of like how of the 25 monsters so far, they mostly are different enough to warrant inclusion.
    Guess I'd rather quality over quantity as I don't have any stake in the older games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Every game is going to seem underwhelming in terms of value for money after this game.

Fighting Legania the 1st time round at low rank with some AF/WW armour with a slow moving melee weapon ain't that bad?
    It's hardly gonna be a walk in the park either though :P

What's your count of the "I wish this monster was in the game" list up to now? Must be 25+ :D

From videos I've watched of older MH monsters, seems like 80% of them are in MHW just in a different form.
    Either their body shape has changed or their element attack type was changed.
    Very few of them would be truly unique experiences in MHW.
    Don't see the point in there being 3 Thunder Ground Based Wyrvens, I kind of like how of the 25 monsters so far, they mostly are different enough to warrant inclusion.
    Guess I'd rather quality over quantity as I don't have any stake in the older games

Thats the thing, I fought it in introduction to new area quest. So no gear or anything fancy from new monsters. I shouldn't even touch the thing lol, but I just wanted take on the bastard. The amount of time it took me to get the bastard down was clearly indication that I need to stay aeay from it. At that point I had invested way too much time, so needed to finish it. :D

I know what you mean with monsters in mhw. They are just reskinned and concentrated old ones, with way more quality over quantity. Its just after playing MH series for quite a bit, you make bonds with one or another monster. Or build up hate.... lots of it... looking at you Brachidios, you too Rajang!

I'm in a polyamorous bond with 3 frogs

Funny fact: if you got Trypophobia, you better better stay away from reef zone. :D

My misses watched me play in that area last night and just went: nope. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i need to get back into this got a bit burned out, any new decent content in 2.0 update ?

Guys, you know how you start the game and it makes you join a session or create one. Can I just join some random session and just do my own ****?
    It feels a bit weird making my own little server and randomly at some point having people join etc.
    I am going to go solo as far as I can, thats how old school Hunters did before. 4 player guild quests solo! :pac:

Guys, you know how you start the game and it makes you join a session or create one. Can I just join some random session and just do my own ****?
    It feels a bit weird making my own little server and randomly at some point having people join etc.
    I am going to go solo as far as I can, thats how old school Hunters did before. 4 player guild quests solo! :pac:

You can make your own sessions private. I think it's the very last option on the bottom.

You can join other sessions fine, but I cannot remember if you can set a password after you've taken a quest. Otherwise if someone joins, then the monster's health is scaled up for multiplayer and if you should find yourself alone in the quest again, it does not scale back.

What do you know, I was right (for once)! Shadow you should get your missus to take you to Specsavers :p

monster-hunter-world-private-session.png

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i need to get back into this got a bit burned out, any new decent content in 2.0 update ?

Deviljho! Weapons buffs... That's pretty much it.

• Advertisement

Okay, one more question. :D

Whats general idea with armour? I like having full sets of one armour, because the looks can really drive me ocd nuts. Never was a fan of power ranger sets, but am I right to say that MHW really encourages doing mix sets?

I like legiona set for evade window and divine blessing, but I use full rathian set and focuse on poison lance and poison+ damage right now. I know its only low rank and I shouldn't be bothered too much, but as I said, I am taking my time with game and enjoying it, while learning new changes.

Is there a way to get some more specific investigations? I captured two legianas in one expedition and collected any tracks I could find, but I got "kill 10 small pricks" instead.

I reached rotten valley just now and its very damn creepy. The monsters that greated me were waaaay more easier then what met me in reef. Love the design of Radobaan, but really easy as lance user, Legiana was more of threat by a lot! Then again, I got to the stage where I make even knickers out of poor legiana :pac:

Advertisement